|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Uncommon|
|Dragon's Maze (DGM)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Warleader's Helix deals 4 damage to target creature, player or planeswalker and you gain 4 life.
Warleader's Helix Discussion
4 weeks ago
FWIW, the Syr Gwyn precon deck already comes with 3 valid targets for Sunforger , but that decklist also contains absolute duds that could be replaced (like Marauder's Axe could probably be removed and replaced with a Warleader's Helix . Single Combat should be taken out of the precon too, it's so bad). For reference, those aforementioned Sunforger targets are:
The following included instants can't be searched for with Sunforger because, while the cards are anywhere but on the stack, their converted mana cost is equal to the combined costs of both halves:
So, one might probably remove Sunforger if you're not going to put in at least two to five more valid instants of CMC 4 or less.
5 months ago
Red/White spells such as
WILL trigger FS/SS twice. Gaining life from lifelink damage is one lifegain event, triggering FS/SS. Gaining life from the instructions on the spell is a second lifegain event. FS/SS triggers twice.
Gatherer confirms this.
5 months ago
- Nyxborn Shieldmate for Boros Reckoner both better creatures and reckoner works amazing with lightmines if u decide to add it
- Palace Guard for Archetype of Aggression
- Darksteel Plate for Whispersilk Cloak since your guys are invincible anyways. this also deters them from being targeted.. boardwipes will still work though.
- Stoneforge Masterwork for Tenza, Godo's Maul if up u this on ur commander hes a 10/7 menance with trample, seems like a better piece
- Armory of Iroas - Sunforger costs a few more mana but u have alot of tricks u can pull out of it for free late game
- Staff of Nin for Mind's Eye
- Avacyn's Collar for Spear of Heliod upgrades all ur doods and makes people scared to attack you
- Manalith for Commander's Sphere an upgrade
- Act of Treason for Faithless Looting card draw with flashback seems always good
- Mass Mutiny - Mob Rule seems like an upgrade
- Miraculous Recovery - Settle the Wreckage amazing board wipe, can really put you ahead. if not interested in a board wipe id suggest maybe a single target removal like Chaos Warp . i feel like you need ways to deal with high pressure threats
- Pay No Heed - Deflecting Palm
- Righteousness for Fight to the Death i know these two cards arent related, but how hilarious would it be to cast this when someone else is combating another player, basically can wipe two players boards if timed proper. if u would prefer to keep a combat trick here i would suggest maybe Gods Willing or something that does not require the creature to be blocking
- Smite - Ride Down
- Warleader's Helix - Savage Beating or Ajani Vengeant i feel helix doesnt provide enough value, for removal it is very weak , if u want good removal to replace this instead of a threats i listed, i would consider Oblivion Ring type cards
- Martial Glory - Boros Charm charm is must include, so much value! protect from boardwipes including land destruction! removal or maybe boost ur commander after blocks with a double strike if some1 is already been hit once and hello 21 commander dmg
6 months ago
So the first thing I noticed is that you pick a lot of cantrips that allow you to draw cards. Smart move. I would recommend looking into Venser's Journal . You'd need to drop a card for this one, but I think it is well worth it. You can essentially begin drawing massive amounts of cards with your cantrips as they stack up, and gain a lot of life for doing so. I feel it's perfect for your deck.
Finally, I would highly advise you look into Approach of the Second Sun . Normally when you cast this, a replacement effect happens and the card is moved to 7th from the top rather than your graveyard. However, Feather's ability is also a replacement effect. With two replacement effects looking to resolve on the same card, it's just a matter of ordering / choosing what you want done first. So, exile Approach and put it into your hand to cast it on the following turn to win the game.
10 months ago
10 months ago
11 months ago
I would cut a lot of cards here, try to streamline the boros spellslinger build. Tajic, Victory's Herald, Serra Ascendant. I'd cut Boros Keyrune and Manalith for more efficient rocks (Probably Hedron Archive and Boros Cluestone, since boros is atrocious in card draw. Also run Red copy effects, such as Increasing Vengeance. I would also include Jaya Ballard, Fire Servant, Warleader's Helix, to name a few.
1 year ago
yummy2011 Militia Bugler is a much better topdeck, and it helps us filter our cards. Adanto Vanguard is a decent card but I just don't see how it makes the cut over Bugler. As far as Integrity / Intervention goes, i'm not big on pump spells and bad Warleader's Helix. Lyra Dawnbringer Could be a decent sideboard option thought, and it works well with Aurelia, Exemplar of Justice.
Warleader's Helix occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%