Tap: Add (2) to your mana pool.
Printings View all
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Uncommon|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Ur-Golem's Eye Discussion
4 days ago
I would consider adding more artifact ramp cards to increase the speed you can cast Kozilek, the Great Distortion.
All of these cards are relatively budget (they cost between 1-4 dollars on average), I could suggest more depending on how "budget" this deck is.
Also Helm of Awakening to lower all of your mana costs.
2 weeks ago
Could also consider Stream of Thought as a mill win con. You can run Dizzy Spell as another way to get Stream. Make infinite Mana using your combo and then replicate the Stream as many times as you need to to mill them out then pass turn.
Lastly for now, You should run Neurok Stealthsuit. It keeps your CMDR from getting roasted and can be attached at instant speed. Making for fun shenanigans when someone tries to blow your League up. Just attach in response and hopefully they don't have a followup spell. I would cut Ur-Golem's Eye and add the Stealth suit.
I would change the creature base up a bit too. There are way better crits out there that you should look into.
1 month ago
A combination of 2-drop and 4-drop rocks can get Thrax out as early as turn 4: turn two play the 2-drop rock, which lets you play a 4-drop rock on turn 3, leading to 7 mana on turn 4 assuming you have 4 lands (odds are good).
1 month ago
I would recommend running Daretti, Scrap Savant. I'd suggest commanding with him... If I hadn't seen this video: (https://twitter.com/rileyquarytower/status/1285598091853336582?s=20). I'm not sure your deck wants Feedback Bolt. It feels better for a deck with lots of low CMC artifacts, also you're sacrificing a lot of your artifacts. If you can find one, Thran Dynamo is better than Ur-Golem's Eye. Decks with Su-Chi should probably consider Cathodion as well.
3 months ago
5 months ago
cool deck. how is it possible you are running Ur-Golem's Eye and not Sol Ring?
also feel like you want Pyrohemia in here.
and Rite of the Raging Storm is good at lowering life totals...
and i know it is costly but you already run Mana Geyser so Reiterate would be a good inclusion...
5 months ago
:( I thought I put a long comment the other day, but it's only appearing on my screen as a single line! I can't remember everything I wrote, so the TL,DR version is 'I like the more ways you have to protect Avacyn, here are some cards you might want to think about removing because I can't see much synergy in the deck, here are some cards you might want to add, and here are some other things to think about whilst playing the deck" :D here's the abridged version:
THINK ABOUT REMOVING:
- Amulet of Vigor - you have almost nothing that enters tapped
- Song of the Worldsoul - you have very few ways of generating tokens
- Tower of Eons - by the time you have mana to activate this you'll almost be in a position to win!
- Meteorite - there are better mana rocks, try Sisay's Ring, Everflowing Chalice, Ur-Golem's Eye, Prismatic Lens or Marble Diamond. The little bit of damage is unlikely to do much, and it's a lot of extra mana to spend to do 2 damage.
- Leyline of Sanctity - this doesn't not have synergy with your deck, but you don't have much in the way of low-end creatures, so True Believer and Aegis of the Gods both fill that slot and both can trigger cards like Oketra's Monument and Mentor of the Meek, and give you blockers if you're very low on health. Extra synergy!
THINK ABOUT ADDING:
More instant-speed interaction, such as:
- Swords to Plowshares
- Path to Exile
- Fated Retribution - a little more expensive than normal wraths, but it means you can hold your mana up and wipe the board if someone is swinging at you for lethal
- Rout - as above - instant board-clear is useful
- Return to Dust - good at getting rid of annoying pieces of other players, also useful for getting rid of pesky enchantments on Avacyn like Darksteel Mutation, Imprisoned in the Moon, Frogify, etc
Other good cards to consider adding down the line (if you want to spend more to upgrade the deck further with other good white cards):
OTHER GAME-TABLE THOUGHTS:
It feels like what this deck wants to do is get Avayn out and then wipe the board, putting you far enough ahead to hopefully win. People don't like losing their lands, and if you wipe with cards like Armageddon then people will probably scoop instead of playing it out. Later on you might find that they focus you in future games because they don't want to risk losing all their lands. This can be avoided by taking out your land destruction spells - but keeping them in means that when you win it will be in more of an overwhelming victory! It also might change how you build your creatures - if you want to win by wiping out everyone else's lands, then you need to make sure you have enough small creatures to keep you alive until you can get Avacyn out on turn ~7. Your call! :)
Hope some of those thoughts are helpful. Have fun! <(^_^)>
8 months ago
A couple ramp cards I think are underrated are Sisay's Ring and Ur-Golem's Eye . Sure, they aren't Sol Ring and Thran Dynamo but no other cards are - strictly speaking. My rule of thumb is the ramp should have at least 50% immediate profit - i.e. if you pay 2 for it, it should be able to tap for 1 etc. The only thing I have against Worn Powerstone is that it coming in tapped means it has no immediate benefit potential. Don't get me wrong, it is a good card and I don't not recommend running it, I would just also consider the 2 I mentioned.