Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Angel
Exalted (Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, that creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)
Other creatures you control have exalted. (If a creature has multiple instances of exalted, each triggers separately.)
4 months ago
Ok, I would start by cutting the cards of which the abilities are too specific to ever really work in a game. Here are first ones I would choose and why:
- Blood Hypnotist: your list only contains three other cards that generate blood-tokens. The likelihood of her ability ever being used is therefore rather slim.
- Cascade Seer: bit of an expensive-to-cast scry opportunity when at most you can get Scry 2 (your party thus far cannot include anything else than 1 of 10 wizards and 1 of 5 clerics).
- Dragonsguard Elite: with so few non-permanents in the deck (thus far), this one may not be worth it.
- Gluttonous Guest: would not include this for similar reason as Blood Hypnotist.
- Goldberry, River-Daughter: though I love the beauty of this card, her abilities aren't of much use to you because your deck barely creates counters.
- Guardians of Oboro: would not use this for similar reason as for Goldberry (you have a few auras, but so few that this ability will probably never trigger).
- Kasla, the Broken Halo: good combatant but since there's nothing else with convoke in here, her ability is pretty useless.
- Kiora, Sovereign of the Deep: there are no krakens, serpents, etc. in this deck, so aside from being a decent combatant, she's not doing much.
- Mesa Enchantress: almost no enchantments?
- Rime Tender: no snow permanents?
- Setessan Petitioner: with so few green permanents in the deck, not sure if this is worth it.
- Spellstutter Sprite: having doubts about this one. Not many faeries in this deck, but then again it's quite common these days to cast spells with CMC0, so ...
- Sublime Archangel: lovely card but in a deck with this many creatures, I would assume you're going wide, right? That would mean 'Exalted' mechanic is not all that great. Or am I missing something?
Angels, Elves, Faeries and Vampires seem to be the main creature-types you're using. Maybe just focus on these types and make it easier to create some synergies? Or is this too functional?
10 months ago
11 months ago
your mana curve is currently too high. I would ditch both Wolfir Silverheart and Sublime Archangel entirely - both of them have too high a mana cost for a deck trying to be aggressive, but also neither of them do much of anything comparative to their cost.
You need some form of interaction, because your deck just isn't going to be able to outrace everything, and so other aggro and combo decks are both likely to give you grief. Primal Might could be a good option here as it can act as both removal, and apply more pressure.
I don't think Esper Sentinel has any place in an aggro beatdown deck. Noble Hierarch also feels pretty dubious. I think you probably want to be aligning your deck up to being pretty similar to the mono-green stompy lists that frequent modern (example list here) - just with your white-twist. In particular those lists should help guide your sideboard choices also.
11 months ago
No prob! If you decide to lean into the whole Single Attacker route, then there's a whole package of Exalted you could add to the deck (although not from Neon Dynasty). The best thing is that Exalted is an Attack Trigger, so Isshin will double it up:
Yes, Knights aren't Samurai, but thematically they have similarities in terms of their personal codes and martial prowess lol. At the very least, Sublime Archangel and Cathedral of War might be the ones most worth including.
1 year ago
Still can't find the archangel I want, but perhaps I found the archangel I need.
Sublime Archangel added to give me exalted.
1 year ago
Im really not a fan of the battle cry mechanic. It could work really well with Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin, Mardu Ascendancy, or the other many token makers, but I would rather just run Fervent Charge. It takes a single card for +4/+4 and your creatures are more likely to survive combat. you could always stack more though
Vengeful Ancestor, Parasitic Impetus, Shiny Impetus, and maybe Martial Impetus could all be fun tools to mess with your opponents while keeping yourself safe from larger threats. You get double rewards with Isshin
Fighter Class is nice for the tutor and later on can force blocks and can be used to kill off weak targets.
Shadowspear exists. you should use it in every deck Helm of the Host lets you double commanders, and lets you go infinite with Godo, Bandit Warlord. Who also should just automatically be your automatic first pick for a 6 drop. Tutor, double combats...
Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder doublestrike AND lifelink. costs one more but can replace your enchantment.
Ilharg, the Raze-Boar Wanna play two cards for free?
Breena, the Demagogue does so much. buffs you like crazy. Can net you two cards per combat phase... which you will hopefully get multiple of with more things like: Aggravated Assault and Waves of Aggression can go infinite Port Razer, Raiyuu, Storm's Edge, Response / Resurgence are also nice
You dont need to go all out on making one guy and instakill, Sublime Archangel with many tokens or Pact Weapon with combats can do it by themselves situationally. And the pact weapon is just way too cool.
Hopeful Initiate is repeatable removal with extra steps I'd honestly ditch the sunforger.
1 year ago
Few ideas some janky. Some decent.
Rumor Gatherer card selection/draw
Beast Whisperer card draw
Ashling's Prerogative very good with Tanya and token.
Betrothed of Fire buff tanya
Scale Up over run type effect that can be used early.
Cathars' Crusade buff your board on etb.
Good-Fortune Unicorn simular to crusade a bad one. But on a creature.
Basri's Lieutenant makes tokens for rebuild after boardwipe . Also combos with cathar crusade and a sac outlet.
Grand Crescendo protection token maker.
Juniper Order Ranger buff itself and etb creatures to include tokens.
Basri Ket launch the fleet effect. With protection for a commander to get in.
Second Harvest token doubler.
I would also suggest at least one Xtra combat spellResponse / Resurgenceperhaps?
Without an eldrazi to tutor I'm not a fan of the From Beyond
I'd definitely put in more ramp. A Sakura-Tribe Elder 2 each Signet or talismans. You have some fun but perhaps clunky at times cards like Tilonalli's Summoner that's wants to be an early drop but doesn't provide much before you have a boardstate. I tried it before but eventually I cut her. Mycoloth as well. Sac your board to double it in 2 turns if it survives. Seems alot to ask. Too glass cannon like.
1 year ago
Sublime Archangel is an excellent card for this deck. Appreciate it.