Counter target spell unless its controller pays (1).
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster: Store Edition (MYSTOR)||Common|
|Mystery Booster: Convention Edition (MYSCON)||Common|
|Planar Chaos (PLC)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Mana Tithe occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Mana Tithe Discussion
3 days ago
since many of your combos rely around a few auras, i suggest adding Totem-Guide Hartebeest as a tutor.
Ward of Lights and Cho-Manno's Blessing serves double duty. You can use it to protect your main pieces, or 'blank' the target of the ghostly flicker, by granting your opponent's creature protection from blue. Tutorable from your Heliod's Pilgrim, and recurrable since its not instant/sorcery.
6 days ago
You should play blue for powerful, resilient answers and card advantage.
You should play white (in a control deck) for wacky and synergistic interactions that that achieve the same thing but in a really roundabout way.
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Generally speaking, Mana Tithe is only good turns 1-2, maybe. Paying one mana is pretty darn easy to do. It just isn't better than any of the cards that are currently in the list.
3 weeks ago
If you want to take this deck to the next level, you should consider the following cards:
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Deafening Silence/Eidolon of Rhetoric/Rule of Law and Defense Grid: to slow down storm- and spellslinger-decks, to deny cardadvantage/ramp and to protect yourself against control and combodecks
- Lapse of Certainty/Mana Tithe/Burnout nobody expects white counters
- Your deck is lacking carddraw! Wheel of Fortune, Painful Truths, Necropotence, Heartwarming Redemption, Phyrexian Arena, Night's Whisper, Azra Oddsmaker & Dark Confidant (/Sign in Blood/Dawn of Hope)
- Toxic Deluge/Fire Covenant/Darksteel Mutation/Vandalblast/Grasp of Fate/Fiery Confluence(/Austere Command/Crush Contraband/Forsake the Worldly) - these are really good removals
- All the Moxes like Mox Opal, Mox Diamond etc.
- Lotus Petal, Rite of Flame to play your commanders on Turn 2
- Play some of the good 2 mana rocks like Orzhov Signet or Talisman of Conviction
- Land Tax & Wayfarer's Bauble (if you run enough basic lands, like now)
- Smothering Tithe - THE white staple and especially good with Wheel effects
- Imperial Recruiter, Recruiter of the Guard, Gamble or Diabolic Intent
- Play Stax to keep your opponents in check! Rest in Peace, Aura of Silence, Trinisphere, Cursed Totem, Hushbringer/Torpor Orb & Stranglehold
1 month ago
I very much agree about that Rhystic Study
Mana Leak effects are taxes, like white does. I think Chancellor of the Annex makes a lot of sense. In my opinion, white should be the color of mana-dependent counters and blue of hard counters. Mental Misstep, Negate, Essence Scatter, and of course, Counterspell seem right, which Mana Tithe seems more flavorful to white than any of the blue versions of the effect.
Snow Creature - Yeti
When Abominable Recluse enters the battlefield, sacrifice all other creatures you control.
You can't cast creature spells and no creatures can enter the battlefield under your control.
I think this could be a solid Spike-Timmy card, like Rotting Regisaur.
I'd like another taxing white effect
1 month ago
Otherworldly Outburst - Like Extricator, a 3/2 is unlikely to make a very big difference.
Isochron Scepter - with 109 cards in deck right now, there are only 4 cards that could even meet the criteria to use this. Fall of the Titans won't work because this won't let you pay alternative costs.
Planar Gate - quite expensive, and while awesome, you would get more mileage out of something like Ugin, the Ineffable, since your Devoid spells are technically colorless. It would benefit your artifacts as well as your Eldrazi. His activated abilities are nothing to sneeze at either.
Rhystic Tutor - someone is going to pay the 2... if you could pick the opponent, different story. As is, it's unlikely to ever resolve. you would be better off with something like Vampiric Tutor if you were going for another tutor effect, but that one is rather pricey as well.
From Beyond - very slow for what it does, not sure it's worth it in the long run.
Endless One - a big mana sink with no keywords or activated abilities is underwhelming.
Desolation Twin - the 10/10 token is only on cast, so if there are any effects that would reanimate it, put it into play, etc that happen to go off, it's just a vanilla 10/10. For 10cmc, you would be better off running either version of Kozilek or Ulamog.
Emrakul's Evangel - I didn't realize that the condition to get the 3/2's required "non-eldrazi" to be sacrificed. It's a non-bo with the deck.
Cards to consider:
Void Attendant - Mana sink to potentially get more scion tokens.
World Breaker - a recurrable threat that exiles permanents.
Essence Depleter - Mana sink to lifegain/drain someone.
Grip of Desolation - 2 for 1 removal spell.
Ruination Guide - Colorless, front-end creature pump.
Sire of Stagnation - Jerk card for jerks. Slows opponents down or exiles their fuel. slows them down either way to give you more time to amass your army.
Cards to Add:
Herald of Kozilek - cost reduction for your deck.
Swarm Surge - Colorless creature pump and First Strike.
Smothering Abomination - Card draw for sac'ing a token on upkeep.
Brood Butcher - turns your tokens into removal for BG to -2/-2 something.
Deepfathom Skulker - lets you draw for each attacking creature you control that connects with a player.