|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planar Chaos (PLC)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Counter target spell unless its controller pays (1).
Mana Tithe Discussion
1 week ago
The nut draws are absolutely nutty, but the deck is inconsistent, doesn't mul' well (even with London mul'), and it's trivial for any color to hate out. "The End is Nigh For Modern" is a GROSS overstatement :-D
2 weeks ago
What do you think about:
Slow land is slow
~ enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Sac ~. Search your library for any one land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped.
Is it too op to search any land if you play two turns off curve there for?
4 weeks ago
Vexing Shusher is your friend.
They wanna play control? Control them right back.
1 month ago
Brainstorm , and Ponder are good effects but you have better options for draws. top deck manipulation also isn't that important for this deck. Why Emergency Powers the pay off isn't that good and it's expensive to cast. You could use some more Counterspell s, Negate , Mana Tithe ;), Dispel , etc. Laboratory Maniac is wincon with BSZ. Why no Teferi, Hero of Dominaria or Teferi, Time Raveler . Looks solid so far.
1 month ago
How to deal with Ratchet Bomb or other boardwipes - that's a big issue. While Brave the Elements does great against targeted removal, something that will prevent global effects will be much more difficult in mono-white. Mana Tithe comes to mind, but isn't particularly reliable. Something like Blood Artist seems like it could be good. If you decide to splash black, Priest of Forgotten Gods might add a second dimension to this otherwise straightforward build. Of course, splashing blue for Negate , etc would work, too. and with green, you'd of course gain access to Heroic Intervention .
It's probably a good idea to have a solid one drop spell to get things rolling on T1, but I have doubts about Champion of the Parish in that slot. Doomed Traveler seems like a better fit, and Soul's Attendant or Soul Warden are sure-bets.
In terms of non-token creatures, Thalia's Lieutenant might also be worth considering, but only to pump any tokens you have in play. At 2CMC, I think it would be competing for mana with your 2-drop token spells. That said, the 4x pumps Intangible Virtue provide won't be reliable. Honor of the Pure , while offering less value in many ways than both Virtue and Lieutenant, is still probably better than the Lieutenant here.
Probably needs at least 2x more lands, if not 4x more to reliably get the mana to cast Elspeth, Sun's Champion . Otherwise, it will likely be a dead card most games. I also suggest reducing Elspeth to 1-2x.
If you splash red for Impact Tremors, Chained to the Rocks might be worth considering.
I'd drop 1x Disenchant for 1x Oblivion Ring , or add at least 3x Oblivion Ring s to the sideboard. I also suggest adding Pithing Needle , Elixir of Immortality , Revoke Existence , Teyo, the Shieldmage , and Nevermore to the sideboard.
1 month ago
More ideas for your sideboard:
4x Leyline of Sanctity (it's a game winner against burn and it delays mill and black decks that play Inquisition of Kozilek and Thoughtseize ) Nature's Claim of Seal of Primordium against Ensnaring Bridge and the likes of that. Ofcourse you should add Rest in Peace especially in the current meta (Phoenix is heavily played and Dredge doesn't like RiP as well). Stony Silence is also good. Since you play a heavy creature based deck, you should prepare yourself for boardwipes like Damnation and Anger of the Gods . In that case you can surprise your opponent by playing Mana Tithe . They will never see that one coming ;)
1 month ago
Hello! Saw the deck pop up in my feed and as I already had a curse based Zur the enchanter deck i thought it might be fun to give your deck a spin.
I play primarily online and in budget, so I had to make some changes: The fetch lands were outside my pricing limitations, so Bloodstained Mire was replaced with Swamp , Flooded Strand replaced with Evolving Wilds , Horizon Canopy replaced with Bountiful Promenade , Polluted Delta with Terramorphic Expanse , Verdant Catacombs with Cabal Coffers , Wooded Foothills with Golgari Rot Farm , and I kept Windswept Heath as I already owned one. For anyone reading this, realize that removing fetches drastically alters the pacing and mana fixing of the deck, but also saves hundreds of tix. I kept Serra's Sanctum in, even though it was outside my price range, as there was no suitable replacement.
With no other notable changes I begin my playtesting: Game 1: kept 3 lands ( Krosan Verge + filter land + Woodland Cemetery ) Utopia Sprawl , Satyr Enchanter , the game quickly spiraled out of control with 1 player mana screwed and the other two playing token-based strategies. game ended with Teferi's Protection into Replenish to avoid a board wipe and stick Opalesence for lethal.
Game 2: A slow clunky hand led to my first mulligan which yielded 3 lands, Eidolon of Blossoms and 2 bad enchantments. brutal flooding let to discarding 4 lands by turn 6 after 2 tymna attacks for 1 and 2 cards respectively: this is not likely a reflection on the deck but MTGO's shuffler. flood happens. after awhile became archenemy, got my board wiped by Cyclonic Rift with no way to keep most of my enchants in hand on cleanup and had Replenish hit by Dissipate causing a huge setback. Having Mana Tithe in the deck would have been an enormous boon in this situation, and at worst it's a one-of one cost spell that occasionally completely hoses a play.
While I highly doubt 2 games are enough to see everything a deck has to offer, from what I have seen thus far it performs well, feels fun to play, and is fairly consistent. In my second game I could have played around counter magic, but I wasn't expecting exile specifically. It might be worth finding room for Riftsweeper and Mana Tithe but if the deck performs this way without the fetches you're probably on to something great.
1 month ago
Hello, first things first I must thank you for reaching out to me. Recently I got sick and tired of more casual Ur-Dragon decks and I'm very glad that someone out there also looks for ways to make it more optimized.
So let's start the analysis, creatures first:
- I feel like this deck would use more dorks like Bloom Tender and Deathrite Shaman - this brings total of non-Dragon creatures to 5 but they all have CMC 1-4 and very clear purpose as they ramp and provide other useful abilities like grave hate, trample or more than 1 mana. I perfectly understand hesitation when it comes to Bloom Tender because of it's high price but Deathrite Shaman is pure value so it gets banned everywhere, which combined with recent reprint makes it very affordable.
- Verix Bladewing - I feel like this dragon is a trap. It tempts you with 3 CMC but brings nothing more than a quasi-vanilla 4/4 with Flying and when kicked is nothing more than 1 mana more expensive Broodmate Dragon so...
In case of Broodmate... I don't think someone would use spell like this:
- Crucible of Fire - I think it's a "win more" card and sometimes you win without combat so I'd recommend Carpet of Flowers - helps estabilishing early even if it gives only 1 more mana. There are of course times that this enchantment will be useless but the times it's very powerful and helpful really outweigh the negatives so no wonder it's used in many cEDH builds
- I really like the idea of 1 CMC counterspell but how about Stubborn Denial ? Instead of giving someone body to block/sac you have Mana Tithe early (just observe if someone completely taps out) and straight up Negate later since almost every creature in the deck is able to meet that requirement.
- Also I can't recommend enough value of Vandalblast - it's very cheap removal or just artifact wipe and I'm really happy card with this flexibility exists.
- I don't really like the idea of Urza's Incubator since it helps other's cast their Dragons and I just prefer mana rocks that color fix. This might sound contradictory to the idea behind Goreclaw but she is a big body and provides slight buff and trample on top of cost reduction so it all justifies it's inclusion. For mana rock that would help maybe Mana Vault ?
- Speaking of fixing I personally use Expedition Map for this reason and when I'm done fixing I can just tutor for Cavern of Souls or Homeward Path in more control match-ups. Also I don't understand the hype behind Coalition Relic .
- Planeswalkers tend to die fast so I evaluate them as modal spells and Sarkhan Unbroken is not very impressive:
- So to the above point I'd just go for Sarkhan Vol , which has haste or Act of Treason modes or Sarkhan the Mad to just kill someone with dragons by combat without combat (like some kind of Sun Tzu xD) and if it survives for another turn then draw off of it or get token.
- Also I'm thinking about running Living Death - what are your thoughts?
And that's probably it from me, let me know what you think about these.
Mana Tithe occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%