When Meteorite enters the battlefield, it deals 2 damage to target creature, player or planeswalker.
: Gain one mana of any colour.
Printings View all
|Core Set 2021 (M21)||Uncommon|
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Uncommon|
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Uncommon|
|Magic 2015 (M15)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
5 months ago
:( I thought I put a long comment the other day, but it's only appearing on my screen as a single line! I can't remember everything I wrote, so the TL,DR version is 'I like the more ways you have to protect Avacyn, here are some cards you might want to think about removing because I can't see much synergy in the deck, here are some cards you might want to add, and here are some other things to think about whilst playing the deck" :D here's the abridged version:
THINK ABOUT REMOVING:
- Amulet of Vigor - you have almost nothing that enters tapped
- Song of the Worldsoul - you have very few ways of generating tokens
- Tower of Eons - by the time you have mana to activate this you'll almost be in a position to win!
- Meteorite - there are better mana rocks, try Sisay's Ring, Everflowing Chalice, Ur-Golem's Eye, Prismatic Lens or Marble Diamond. The little bit of damage is unlikely to do much, and it's a lot of extra mana to spend to do 2 damage.
- Leyline of Sanctity - this doesn't not have synergy with your deck, but you don't have much in the way of low-end creatures, so True Believer and Aegis of the Gods both fill that slot and both can trigger cards like Oketra's Monument and Mentor of the Meek, and give you blockers if you're very low on health. Extra synergy!
THINK ABOUT ADDING:
More instant-speed interaction, such as:
- Swords to Plowshares
- Path to Exile
- Fated Retribution - a little more expensive than normal wraths, but it means you can hold your mana up and wipe the board if someone is swinging at you for lethal
- Rout - as above - instant board-clear is useful
- Return to Dust - good at getting rid of annoying pieces of other players, also useful for getting rid of pesky enchantments on Avacyn like Darksteel Mutation, Imprisoned in the Moon, Frogify, etc
Other good cards to consider adding down the line (if you want to spend more to upgrade the deck further with other good white cards):
OTHER GAME-TABLE THOUGHTS:
It feels like what this deck wants to do is get Avayn out and then wipe the board, putting you far enough ahead to hopefully win. People don't like losing their lands, and if you wipe with cards like Armageddon then people will probably scoop instead of playing it out. Later on you might find that they focus you in future games because they don't want to risk losing all their lands. This can be avoided by taking out your land destruction spells - but keeping them in means that when you win it will be in more of an overwhelming victory! It also might change how you build your creatures - if you want to win by wiping out everyone else's lands, then you need to make sure you have enough small creatures to keep you alive until you can get Avacyn out on turn ~7. Your call! :)
Hope some of those thoughts are helpful. Have fun! <(^_^)>
5 months ago
Ha, looking back I really went overboard on my last comment
1 year ago
Always glad seeing other Brago players, check out my Brago, the Blink King deck if you want to compare or have some ideas though I suspect your deck is way more better and competive than what the site tells me about mine xD But truth to be told, I've build my deck around cards I find good or fun for the deck and some azorius good stuff. Also thanks to your deck I realized how good Hierophant's Chalice would be in my deck, currently I have Meteorite in there which I could replace with the Chalice.
1 year ago
Okay, I added Mox Amber because I have 8 Legendaries and 2 Planeswalkers, I don't have a cheaper Manarock on me though I do have Meteorite I have none of the Signets or Worn Powerstone , I've none of the Sorcery Ramps you suggested nor Wayfarer's Bauble I've got Knight of the Stampede and Kinjalli's Caller so I can cast Dino's for 3 less and I don't have many Duel Lands, though I will look into everything you suggested when I can
1 year ago
1 year ago
So, you didn't really address the ramp issue. You still have a lot of morph creatures that are mana hungry, and a lot of mana ramp that's not particularly useful. I would remove all of the land ramp, because it just isn't worth it when you're trying to play a bunch of cheap creatures. Likewise, Meteorite is just awful, because you have no real need to ramp from 5 mana to 7 mana, and it's just a waste of a space. Additionally, I would cut everything with a megamorph cost higher than 5, along with Salt Road Ambushers. They're just too slow, and the only reason the other two with 5 mana cost morph costs are good are because they are incredibly strong for their mana cost. Here's a deck that was made by a pro-player when morph was in standard, along with an article explaining the decision making. You have a wider set of cards to select from, but the generally structure will be similar. http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=12542
1 year ago
Here are some easy swaps when you have the chance.
Why Homarid Explorer? Seems like an odd choice. Again, infinite blinks will win with literally anything so why not play card that synergies with your deck more? How about Deadeye Navigator which is a stupid card and a back up brago? Or Venser, Shaper Savant to bounce all the lands.
That's the biggest piece of advice I'd give you. You have a lot fo random mill that doesn't synergies with your commander like Psychic Corrosion. I'd see about removing that.
Finally 33 lands is kinda low. I aim for at least 36, maybe even 38
2 years ago
You can kill them with: