|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance (RNA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Soldier
During your turn, spells your opponents cast cost more to cast and abilities your opponents activate cost symbol: more to activate unless they're mana abilities.
Afterlife 1 (When this creature is put into the graveyard from the battlefield, create a 1/1 white and black Spirit creature token with flying.)
Tithe Taker Discussion
1 week ago
Chhris while Mina and Denn, Wildborn would fit in the deck I already have 2 Artifacts that give trample. And honestly I think I have enough mana dorks and ramp spells to compensate for what her other ability would offer. Keeping Tithe Taker in also puts my opponents in a bind which is what I added him for. He is a possible removal but not for Mina and Denn. Thanks for your suggestion and feel free to
2 weeks ago
Another fun and relatively inexpensive card to pair with Teysa is Revel in Riches . With her out, you'll get twice the treasure tokens for each creature you kill on your opponents' boards. Not only does this help fix your mana, but it gives you an added win-con as well. If you can afford to splurge a little more for it, this pairs exceptionally well with Smothering Tithe as well to potentially get more treasures if your opponents choose to be stingy with each draw. Open the Graves , Doomed Traveler , and Tithe Taker are also nice options for token generating death triggers that are pretty cheap.
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
I think Fblthp, the Lost doesn't really have a place in this deck,
I think you might want to replace the above with a god enternal, i think kefnet and oketra can both work.
1 month ago
Due to the recent spoilers my approach to Teysa Karlov has changed definitely. I do not see her at all in the Sideboard for two reasons mainly. The first one is that she's much more niche than all the other Sideboard cards like Duress or Tithe Taker . The second reason is that post-sideboard, most decks will bring Cry of the Carnarium which is effectively a wrath against this deck that exiles the creatures.
That being said, I did consider to make this deck slightly grindier due to both Cruel Celebrant and Mayhem Devil , and thus create a board state that you bring up God-Eternal Bontu and drain them a ton. In that case, Teysa can easily represent lethal! So, with the new cards in the set, she might even be a Mainboard consideration.
Thanks for the comments a bunch! And have fun brewing! :D
1 month ago
Jeez, is this what Standard’s gonna look like now? Every deck is superfriends? Yikes.
List seems solid. +1
1 month ago
Hey, looks good. Interesting strategy of getting value from life gain with Teysa, but where's Skullclamp ? :)
Consider more mana rocks to potentially ramp into Teysa faster? More mana rocks are also good with several of the higher CMC creatures here. Consider expanding on the getting value from gaining life gain strategy, it makes your deck more unique.
Cards to consider adding:
- Thought Vessel or Mind Stone : ETB untapped and no max hand size is very helpful when drawing a lot of cards.
- Reliquary Tower : ETB untapped and no max hand size.
- Fellwar Stone : ETB untapped.
- Reveillark : if Lark leaves the battlefield as a result of it dying then it will trigger Teysa or any other dies abilities.
- Anguished Unmaking
- Vault of the Archangel
- Carrion Feeder : one drop no mana cost sac outlet.
- Concealed Courtyard
- Ash Barrens : discard it to search for a basic land or ETB untapped to make colorless.
- Tithe Taker : afterlife, make it harder for your opponents to cast spells or activate abilities during your turn.
- Luminarch Ascension : powerful card in multiplayer Commander because it looks at each opponents end step. Repeatable source of 4/4 Angels tokens.
Cards to consider adding to expand on the life gain:
- Soul Warden
- Soul's Attendant
- Pristine Talisman : gain life and ramp.
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim : sac outlet, life gain, repeatable exile of nonland permanents.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation : can make opponents lose a lot of life and you gain life in the course of in multiplayer game of Commander.
Cards to consider cutting:
- 2x Swamp
- Scoured Barrens
- Orzhov Basilica
- Priest of Forgotten Gods
- Yosei, the Morning Star
- Xathrid Necromancer
- Disciple of Bolas
- Orzhov Enforcer
- Ogre Slumlord
- Severed Strands
- Killing Wave
- Open the Graves
These cards are by no means bad cards they just have less impact then other cards in your deck and they cost too mana for what they do.
Good luck with your deck.
Tithe Taker occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.23%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%