|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Blessed vs. Cursed (DDQ)||Common|
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Exile target creature you control, then return it to the battlefield under its owner's control.
Flashback (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its flashback cost. Then exile it.)
Momentary Blink Discussion
18 hours ago
Cards that are over $1 that are auto-includes:
- Mulldrifter , which can easily be cast for 3 mana if you blink in response to the evoke trigger;
Cards that should go in: - Twilight Shepherd - your creatures never die! - Phyrexian Ingester - BUUUURP. Also should go in Yasova Dragonclaw. - Displace is a cheaper Ghostly Flicker for creatures only. - Pondering Mage is a great 5-drop for this deck. - Master Splicer is a cheap thing to flicker to get an army.
Cards that should go in for redundancy if I have to remove Brago:
- Angel of Condemnation
- Momentary Blink
- Nephalia Smuggler or Mistmeadow Witch . Probably the latter for sweeper insurance.
- Spine of Ish Sah
- Mnemonic Wall
Mean: - Tempest Caller flickered means nobody else attacks.
Cards that are not going in:
- Deadeye Navigator : NO. This card is borderline bannable in EDH.
1 week ago
- Momentary Blink seems like a good card.
- Deputy of Detention is also pretty sweet
- Reflector Mage is also pretty sweet
- Ok so i guess there are a lot of creatures I would run Coiling Oracle Wall of Omens Blade Splicer Knight of Autumn Soulherder Mystic Snake Restoration Angel Sublime Archangel and Mulldrifter
- Here is why you run Mulldrifter . Pay the Evoke cost, that trigger hits the stack, IN RESPONSE Ephemerate or a similar affect. When it re enters the battlefield it is treated as a new object and therefore you dont sac it. That means you spent 4 mana to DRAW 4 CARDS and get a 2/2 flyer.
- Also more flicker spells Cloudshift Eerie Interlude and a bonus spell Lead the Stampede
1 month ago
Momentary Blink is good if you accidentally mill most of your blink cards, though it costs a lot of mana i would add 1 or 2 only to trigger the Eternal Witness. I think you should add 1 or 2 Genesis for creatures retrieval if you dont get any eternal witness or unburial rites, think that milling yourself can kill most cards. genesis is a good way of "resurrecting" them you may "kill" the cards that can reanimate your creatures, and retrieving an eternal witness will help the cycle of the deck having less issues. It is good if your deck get stuck. You can try some dredge cards like Stinkweed Imp , kinda impossible to kill without exiling effects, mills almost for free(so you can reanimate more cards) and also flying and "deathtouch" will stall the game against most big creatures. I think Genesis and the imp is a must here
4 months ago
4 months ago
ZendikariWol, Actually, Roon's ability would replace the corpse with an entirely new creature. If you activate roon to exile the creature, Isareth's ability makes sure it goes to exile and not anywhere else, then Roon's return clause would put it into play from exile. When this happens, the creature is an entirely new creature when it enters the battlefield. If you look up Momentary Blink at the gatherer one of it's rulings states the following:
"When Momentary Blink resolves, the creature is exiled, then immediately returned to the battlefield. The game sees the returning card as a different permanent from the one that left the battlefield. Any counters, Auras, and so on are removed. Any spells or abilities targeting the creature no longer target it."
There are cards that are exceptions because they do things that follow the card into exile and when it returns like Flickerform . Absent one of those cards, any creature entering play from exile is a "brand new" creature and nothing connected to it when it went into exile follows it back into play.
5 months ago
Recruiter of the Guard / Imperial Recruiter
- cast whichever recruiter, search up Spellseeker into Withdraw .
- Bounce Spellseeker and Recruiter, recast both, search up Chain of Vapor and Trophy Mage .
- Cast Trophy Mage into Basalt Monolith .
- Cast Chain of Vapor on Trophy Mage and Recruiter, recast Trophy Mage into Rings of Brighthearth .
- Rings of Brighthearth + Basalt Monolith makes infinite mana, then recast Recruiter (for 1 colored mana) into Walking Ballista to kill.
That costs 30 mana, with 8 slots -- If you can use white cards, you can replace Withdraw with Momentary Blink to save 3 mana (most of flashback cost paid with infinite colorless mana), or replace Withdraw with Ephemerate to save 7 mana (at the cost of a turn), or replace both Withdraw and Chain of Vapor with Ephemerate and Momentary Blink to save 9 mana (21 mana instead of 30) if Chain of Vapor isn't already generating 2+ mana with fast-mana artifacts ( Mana Vault and such). Other replacements for Withdraw include Saving Grasp , Selective Snare , Scapegoat . Only Scapegoat saves mana, just 1 -- use Chain first, then Scapegoat, saccing Spellseeker. But that's worse than Chain then Momentary Blink.
I'm sure there's a way to do this without Spellseeker, going Recruiter into Mistmeadow Witch , or Recruiter into Recruiter into Planar Guide , possibly using cards like Brago, King Eternal , Felidar Guardian / Flickerwisp , but I haven't worked those out yet. Maybe it's possible without blue.
5 months ago
Forgive me if I'm just not familiar enough with how this deck runs, but why do you not have any Instants to cause flickers? I get wanting to use repeatable effects like Deadeye and Venser over one-offs, but i would still add a few like Momentary Blink , Ghostly Flicker , Eerie Interlude or Ephemerate coming in Modern Horizons looks pretty cool too. I'm not criticizing, just curious!
Also, if you go in to your deck list, type *CMDR* next to Ephara to make her show up as your commander properly.
6 months ago
I'm a little confused, but maybe I'm misunderstanding. Since Acrobatic Maneuver Momentary Blink and Oblivion Ring say that the creature returns under its owners control and not your control, wouldn't blinking them in that way just put them back onto the opponents battlefield?
Momentary Blink occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%