Mirrorpool enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add .
, , Sacrifice Mirrorpool: Copy target instant or sorcery spell you control. You may choose new targets for the copy.
, , Sacrifice Mirrorpool: Create a token that's a copy of target creature you control.
|Have (2)||Obsolete , Tarzanovic|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
- Is Mirror Pool after Rebound upkeep possible?
- How do Mirrorpool and Mutavault interact?
- Will using Mirrorpool to copy Titania, Protector of Argoth allow me to put Mirrorpool back on the battlefield with Titania's triggered ability?
- Mirrorpool + Kozilek's Return
- The Great Aurora & Mirrorpool Interaction
Latest Decks as Commander
2 months ago
Played a bunch today and here is results of changes.
- -1 Apex Devastator to sideboard, moved to sideboard to swap out with blightsteel/eldrazi for newer players
- -1 Temur Sabertooth, removed due to the amount of cardraw available. I feel I would rather draw than bounce.
- +1 Blightsteel Colossus to maindeck, Blightsteel is a counter to my local playgroup. We've got a lifegain deck and one deck running Pariah and Pariah's Shield. Along with Akroma's Memorial and Finale of Devastation this is my nuclear option.
- +1 Bala Ged Sanctuary Flip, land and recurrence is very valuable.
- +1 Mirrorpool, ehh fine seems ok to drop a copy of a big creature that does something,, what's the worst that can happen? :)
- -1 Mana Crypt to maybeboard, don't have one is the only reason. If I can get one,, maybe?
- +1 Jeweled Lotus, replacement for mana crypt... Now let me tell you,, jeweled -> azusa --> lotus cobra --> two fetches --> Tooth and nail.. That was a quick game!
- +1 Maze of Ith, This is at tech, really aggressive in my area! There are some cases it's death to not have an air blocker!
- +1 Petrified Field, Testing it at this time, not sure how to abuse it yet
- +1 Momentous Fall, Does not feel as bad as I initially thought. Use this defensively often times.
- +1 Cryptic Caves, niche card testing it out. Turns your crucibles into three draw for 3 mana + land drops.. 3 mana draw 3 cards... seems decent
- +1 Thespian's Stage, what does it do? answer: yes
- -1 Beast Whisperer, I have enough creatures, but the costs are too high
- +1 Zendikar Resurgent, replacement for beast whisperer, has the potential to double mana while going off
- -1 Guardian Project, same problem as beast whisperer
- +1 Return of the Wildspeaker, another large draw effect to combo off of to replace guardian
- +1 Inkmoth Nexus, bad habits die hard, keeping one in deck for "that guy" at the table.
- -1 Field of the Dead -> maybeboard, only reason I'm taking it out is I don't own it. Dropping it into maybe board
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is here to stay. When you go off with a large draw dropping him is amazing. He will give you enough mana to combo off and finish on the stop at times. He's also a good target for Natural Order.
- After drawing 10 cards and drawing into Rude Awakening,, it has a new place in my heart, seems to be a keeper
- Once I hit 25 basics, I think I can just win the game. The amount of basics should stick between 24-26 and 45 lands in total to facilitate the engines. If we're slightly under half I think we're good.
- Kodama of the East Tree was potentially good enough to combo off a large draw with vorin, need to test this more!
Thinking of Cutting:
- Beacon of Creation --> , requires more testing due to new landbase
Why the sideboard was added:
- Core creatures for swapping on the sideboard are Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Kozilek, the Great Distortion, Blightsteel Colossus, and Craterhoof Behemoth.
- Each of these creatures fills a different role. voice of hunger is a creature to combo off with on a large draw or to slow down my opponents. Butcher of truth fills your hand then wins by sacing against a single opponent or threating multiple attack if they don't sac a specific permanent (politics yeeehhh). Blightsteel teaches people that lifegain decks don't work against green edh.... craterhoof teaches people that lifegain deck's don't work against green in edh (AZUSA SMASH!!)... please stop playing lifegain decks in edh... Great Distortion draws and controls the game if your ahead.
If I'm playing against my friends then these are great. If we're trying to include someone I will swap them out for cards in the sideboard and leave in a couple.
2 months ago
If they didn't want me to use Rhys the Redeemed, Terastodon, and Mirrorpool to destroy their lands, my opponents shouldn't have Cataclysmed and Cataclysmic Gearhulked in back-to-back casual commander games played in a literal Arbys.
4 months ago
Nice deck. I think that cards that copy the commander would work well in this.
Cards like this may work best because they trigger the legendary rule:
when the copy enters, you immediatly sacrifice it for the legendary rule and trigger its ability. So with Blade of Selves you will get to trigger the commander's ability 2 times each time it attacks, while also tapping down blockers.
The issue with Helm of the Host is that it removes the legendary, so it wont immediatly trigger the commanders ability. Though, extra copies of the commander never hurts if you have the mana to equip the helm
4 months ago
4 months ago
Hey , I very much like your deck and have crafted my own version of it. Since I don't have Capture of Jingzhou , I put in Mnemonic Deluge . It works very well with Time Warp and Temporal Manipulation , especially if you can target it with Mirrorpool .
8 months ago
Im currently working on an "Infinite Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger " Deck.. My premise is.. i do what i can to get Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger out, and follow up by attaching Helm of the Host to him.. Next turn assuming he is alive, i move to combat and Helm of the Host does its thing and creates a non Legendary token creature of Ulamog (Which doesnt get exiled by the way, hence why i think this might work)..
8 months ago
i have a soft spot for Citanul Flute , its a pet card, Green Sun's Zenith is awful in this deck, the other options are good. But as this is my casual "silly" deck i don't really want cards like Deflecting Swat . Rishkar's Expertise would also fall short at my hydra's need their mana costs to be paid. Mirrorpool would take up a land slot for colorless which i feel is already full from my draw cards and trample cards. Finale of Devastation tho, i don't know why i havent tried to squeeze it in. it would be fun, i would easily have it over 10. Yavimaya Hollow im just not that interested in to be honest.
8 months ago
Deflecting Swat - Utility, counter counterspells, redirect draw, extra turns, removal, etc...
Rishkar's Expertise - Draw + Tempo. It's a bit risky at sorcerry speed, but the benefits far outweigh the risks. Even if it only gets your commander. Do note that it does not target :)