Whenever you cast a permanent spell with a mana cost that contains , double the value of X.
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell or activate an ability, it that spell's mana cost or that ability's activation cost contains , copy that spell or ability. You may choose new targets for the copy.
Printings View all
|Modern Horizons (MH1)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Nyxbloom Ancient + Unbound Flourishing
- Torment of Hailfire + Unbound Flourishing
- Green Sun's Zenith + Unbound Flourishing
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Unbound Flourishing Discussion
3 weeks ago
Unbound Flourishing should probably go into this deck since it’ll pretty much double the effectiveness of your X spells.
on X games
1 month ago
You can push it pretty dang far that I can tell you XD. I have my own Zaxara deck, so I might have some tips you find useful. First off let's look at your lands. Many of the lands I recommend may be out of budget, so feel free to ignore this comment if you can't use anything I talk about.
- Shock lands are very helpful! They give you the option to come in untapped if you need mana right now. - - Breeding Pool
- Overgrown Tomb
Filter lands are also budgety, but very good! If you have one color they can give you a different color, more of that color, or even some of both!
- Flooded Grove
- Twilight Mire
Check lands are also within budget! They have a chance of coming in untapped which can be very useful at times!
- Hinterland Harbor
- Woodland Cemetery
Pain and Horizon lands are some of the best, as you will ALWAYS have the option to get mana, they will never be tapped, even though you have to pay life, its worth it!
- Yavimaya Coast or Waterlogged Grove
- Llanowar Wastes or Nurturing Peatland
Underground River or... Sadly no Horizon land is available in
Fast lands too have a good chance to come in untapped especially at the start of the game which can be a great asset
- Botanical Sanctum
- Blooming Marsh
But my personal favorites are the dual fetch lands! These guys let you go through your library to find whichever lands you need! In your deck, they can search for basics, the shock lands if you add them, or even cards like Zagoth Triome! The cost is that some of them can be quite out of budget, but I would still consider them eventually.
- Misty Rainforest
- Verdant Catacombs
All these dual lands are very helpful and I would consider all of them! There are a couple more multi color lands I like that you might enjoy too:
- Mana Confluence
- Gemstone Mine
- Ancient Tomb
- Prismatic Vista
- Forbidden Orchard
- Reflecting Pool
- Exotic Orchard
- Reliquary Tower
- Yavimaya Hollow
That said, upgrading your lands section can be extremely helpful when you play commander, and I would definitely recommend checking them out! Some ramp cards that I like and might benefit in your deck are
- Emerald Medallion, Sapphire Medallion, and Jet Medallion
- Birds of Paradise
- Lotus Petal
- Bloom Tender (More on this later)
- Selvala, Heart of the Wilds
- Oracle of Mul Daya
- Arcane Signet
Anyways enough about mana! There are a couple cards that might do very well in your deck, and I can't name them all, so I would recommend checking out my deck: The X Files EDH! However I will try to mention as much as I can!
- First off, did you know that there are two cards that can give you infinite mana with your commander? Yup! Pemmin's Aura and Freed from the Real, both give you infinite mana when you enchant your commander with them. Zaxara adds two mana, you use one of that mana to activate the enchantment and untap Zaxara, and then you can tap her again to add two, and then untap, and do that again and again as much as you want to get INFINITE mana! If you have an X spell in your hand you can cast X for literally infinity and pretty much win! Its cool. Because of these cards I would recommend tutors like Demonic Tutor. If you get the tutor you can search for one of these enchantments and then get infinite mana. These enchantments also give you infinite mana with Bloom Tender and Selvala, Heart of the Wilds which i mentioned before, using the same infinite process as your commander.
Some other fun cards are:
- Parallel Lives and Doubling Season! You can get double the tokens Zaxara makes and put DOUBLE counters on them! Very fun!
- Sylvan Library, Rhystic Study, Necropotence for card draw
- Unbound Flourishing for obvious reasons.
and many more which you can find under my decklist here
Anyways though, sorry to make you read all this, I hope it was helpful, and if you don't want/like any of the cards feel free to completely ignore this! If it does help though, be sure to check out and support my main deck, Double Trouble EDH, I would appreciate it! Any suggestions are also welcome. If you have any questions about the cards I mentioned or want more help with a deck feel free to post on my wall, I'd love to help! Anyways though, Hope this helps, good luck on your deck, and have a great day!
1 month ago
I am waiting for my Walking Ballista to arrive then I will add this card too.
Also Bloom Tender cant produce blue mana (is needed to untap it) what somehow can be essencial in this Deck
Since there are already plenty of Wincons in this deck i dont consider adding Mind Grind
but thanks for all your advices.
1 month ago
2 months ago
Definitely Villainous Wealth. I love ramping into that and getting a bunch of stuff, especially with something like Unbound Flourishing. Simic was my first love (RIP Prophet of Kruphix), and I still prefer to play a +1/+1 counters deck, but pulling that card from Khans is what brought me into Sultai colors (and Corpsejack Menace isn't bad either).
3 months ago
Thanks so much for the feedback! I really like the idea of playing Portcullis Vine because getting a turn 1 defender would be nice. The 8 tappable defenders is a good amount from testing so I think I might replace Gatecreeper Vine with Portcullis Vine and see how that goes.
From testing it out my friend group is pretty evenly matched, which keeps it fun! (though I am an early game target)
I did run the 2 Gargos, Vicious Watcher and it was a really strong addition. I am considering 1 or 2 more.
I swapped out 1 Prey Upon for a Tower Defense to hold up against a MAJOR flying weakeness. Would you recommend another card over that? I may sideboard a Whiptongue Hydra or two. I also really like the idea of Squall Line since it gives even more reason to play Unbound Flourishing. (So expensive!!)
Lastly, Feed the Clan is very tempting. Maybe run 1?
I'd love more suggestions based on these ideas/edits!
3 months ago
Doubling Cube (kinda pricey though), doubles mana, even stored mana
Instill Energy maybe