Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Creature — Zombie Beast
When Lazotep Reaver enters the battlefield, amass 1. (Put a +1/+1 counter on an Army you control. If you don't control one, create a 0/0 black Zombie Army creature token first.)
GrimlockVIII on The Bargain Bin [pEDH Mahadi Goodstuff]
9 months ago
Satyr's Cunning and Underworld Rage-Hound can serve as reusable sac resources
Lazotep Reaver and Goblin Instigator are cheaper alternatives to Searchlight Companion
If you focus on a Goblin sub theme, Goblin Shrine and Goblin Caves can provide good anthem abilities.
Uh ye that's it from me so far I guess.
plakjekaas on Crypt Stalker
1 year ago
It's nice in mechanics, design, but the flavor text couldn't be more off. Just look at the text on Sparring Mummy or Those Who Serve. Zombies on Amonkhet, especially the white ones, are substitutes for normal people so that the normal people can train for the Trials. The Trials turned out to be selections for the most powerful warriors to be zombified and coated with Lazotep, so that they could cross the Planar Bridge (which could not transport living matter) to fight in the War of the Spark. Zombies created from Trials winners are blue/black ( Spellweaver Eternal / Lazotep Reaver). If you failed the Trials, you'd get mummified into a servant ( Those Who Serve). But death was always the end of your Trials.
Kukkakaali on Tuhmeliinit Cube
1 year ago
Version 2.5. No more oyster: - Jaya's Greeting + Young Pyromancer - Chandra's Pyreling + Risk Factor - Chandra's Spitfire + Heartfire Immolator - Spelleater Wolverine + Warlord's Fury
- Aven Eternal + Blink of an Eye - Giant Oyster + Talrand's Invocation - No Escape + Vapor Snag - Witching Well + Mistral Singer - Of One Mind + Peek
Version 2.6. Kaldheim and Strixhaven boosters: - Colossus Hammer + Access Tunnel - Camaraderie + Fall of the Impostor - Cliffhaven Kitesail + Hall of Oracles
- Kin-Tree Invocation + Binding the Old Gods - Boneyard Lurker + Infuse with Vitality - Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner + Moritte of the Frost - Incubation / Incongruity + Quandrix Cultivator - Spellheart Chimera + Prismari Command - Final Payment + Humiliate - Zealous Persecution + Killian, Ink Duelist - Kaya, Bane of the Dead + Closing Statement
- Parhelion Patrol + Glorious Protector - Oppressive Rays + Doomskar - Pouncing Lynx + Codespell Cleric - Inspiring Captain + Leonin Lightscribe
- Concentrate + Behold the Multiverse - Kasmina, Enigmatic Mentor + Saw It Coming
- Fleshbag Marauder + Brackish Trudge - Blight-Breath Catoblepas + Sheoldred, Whispering One - Audacious Thief + Unwilling Ingredient - Hagra Constrictor + Tergrid, God of Fright Flip - Blood Beckoning + Go Blank - Murder + Poison the Cup - Lazotep Reaver + Umbral Juke - Herald of the Dreadhorde + Feed the Serpent
- Inordinate Rage + Infuriate - Heightened Reflexes + Claim the Firstborn - Furious Rise + Tormentor's Helm - Syr Carah, the Bold + Breakneck Berserker - Fire Servant + Rune of Speed
- Ranger's Guile + Snakeskin Veil - Reclaim the Wastes + Big Play - Scute Mob + Dragonsguard Elite - Loathsome Chimera + Regrowth
multimedia on Varina
2 years ago
Hey, have more confidence in your deck building because this is a fine start on a low budget if it's your second deck.
You already have Wonder which is good since it's the card I suggest the most that players add with Varina. My advice is focus more on Zombies and cards that can support Zombie tribal. More Zombies, less nonZombie creatures.
Budget cards all less than $1 each to consider adding:
- Lord of the Accursed
- Wayward Servant
- Etchings of the Chosen
- Midnight Reaper
- Carrion Feeder
- Silversmote Ghoul
- Changeling Outcast: Changelings are Zombies.
- Nevinyrral, Urborg Tyrant
- Tormod, the Desecrator
- Eternal Taskmaster
- Tomebound Lich
- Binding Mummy
- Corpse Knight
Amass is an effect that creates a Zombie token.
Consider more cards that require you use life because Varina is a life gaining engine with Zombies.
- Caves of Koilos
- Talisman of Hierarchy
- Command the Dreadhorde
- Feed the Swarm
- Malakir Rebirth Flip
- Read the Bones
- Dire Tactics
Next step is to add 35 more lands to have a manabase to playtest. Get a temporary manabase in place with basic lands to see how many spots you have left to fill with nonland cards or how many nonland cards to cut. Make sure that basic Swamps are the most lands because you need black mana the most with Zombies.
Some budget lands $1-$2 or less each to consider adding:
- Command Tower
- Unclaimed Territory
- Path of Ancestry
- Exotic Orchard
- Arcane Sanctum
- Caves of Koilos
- Sunken Hollow: Island for Wonder.
- Prairie Stream: Island for Wonder.
- Ice Tunnel: Island for Wonder.
- Irrigated Farmland: Island for Wonder.
- Tainted Field
- Esper Panorama
- Ash Barrens
- Evolving Wilds
- Witch's Cottage
Good luck with your deck.
Snips500 on Soul Sisters Machine Gun - Pauper (Update Friday!)
2 years ago
I feel like this is one card away from an infinite combo. Something that says when an opponent loses life you can that much or something. But I don't think a card like that exists at common. But a suggestion for you would be Deathgreeter. The thing that I noticed though is that you have a lot of ways to gain/drain life but no way of making the creatures necessary to do that though. Something to consider would be creatures that when they enter or die makes a token. Something like Doomed Dissenter or cards with afterlife. Although the only playable creature with afterlife is Imperious Oligarch. Other creature that might be good: Doomed Traveler, Lazotep Reaver, Wakedancer, Fourth Bridge Prowler, Fume Spitter, Dusk Legion Zealot.
I would probably cut Epicure of Blood, five mana is just too much, and I would go down to at most 2 Suture Priest. I would even go as far and say cut him because you want more creatures like the ones listed above, this is because you don't really need 12 copies of that effect even if he does a bit more. The main thing this deck wants to do is play out creatures that gain u life which in turn will damage your opponent.
2 years ago
Nice build. I’d give Lazotep Reaver the axe in favor of Relentless Dead, a much more potent and recursive threat.
Djricci97 on Pauper Zombies Combo
2 years ago
GnuofDeath, Village Rites does seem interesting. Using it on the manifest token from Sultai Emissary and Army token from Lazotep Reaver seems legit. Rites with a Festering Mummy doesn't seem bad either and having an extra way to sac a Gray Merchant of Asphodel is always nice. Even Rites on an unearthed Viscera Dragger is at worst a 3 mana draw two so I'm excited to try it out. Thanks for the comment!
GoblinElectromancer on blue black zombie token
2 years ago
I would lower the curve a lot and take out cards that cost more than 4 mana. I would also drop the blue from the deck.
Here are some cards that you might like:Carrion Feeder,Gravecrawler,Cryptbreaker,Graveyard Marshal,Undead Augur,Lazotep Reaver,Relentless Dead,Death Baron,Zombie Infestation, and Diregraf Colossus.
Nice job for your first deck from scratch. It's probably a lot better than mine. +1