|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Blessed vs. Cursed (DDQ)||Common|
|Avacyn Restored (AVR)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Bird
When Mist Raven enters the battlefield, return target creature to its owner's hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (7)||ironax , mtgmanatee , ninjasupahsquid , anonymausguy , Gyraxis , Vasbear1 , Myllyes314|
Mist Raven Discussion
7 months ago
Hey there! This looks like a pretty sweet Ezuri build! While I can't be certain, I would guess that you generally find yourself with just a few cards in hand, and that you usually play all of your creatures and then have a hard time recovering from a board wipe, right?
While that guess could be way off, it looks like a lot of your deck is very strong when you're ahead, but rather weak when you're behind. First of all, you appear to be a little low on ways to interact with your opponents. With Ezuri, you want a lot of creature-based interaction. Reclamation Sage, Acidic Slime, and the like can be very strong. AEther Adept, Mist Raven, Man-o'-War, Venser, Shaper Savant, and Voidmage Husher are all options to deal with your opponents' creatures, albeit temporarily.
However, not everything can be creature-based. I see that you already run Krosan Grip, which is absolutely a strong card, but I would also add in some of my favorite removal spells: Nature's Claim, Natural State, Pongify, and Reality Shift are all great ways to deal with annoying things on the cheap. Beast Within is also great.
You also want some number of board wipes. With Ezuri, bounce-based board wipes are great, as they allow you to re-trigger Ezuri's ability. Evacuation, Devastation Tide, and Curse of the Swine are all great for this.
In addition, you have ways to draw cards, but they either draw you a ton of cards (such as Fathom Mage), or don't draw you any cards. I would recommend adding in a couple of cards that just draw you cards, no matter what else you have on you board. Fact or Fiction is a great card for this, as is Opportunity.
Now, Ezuri presents a little bit of a problem with this, because Ezuri specifically cares about creatures, and your deck doesn't have a lot of ways to function if you can't play a lot of creatures. I would recommend staying away from cutting creatures as much as possible (other than the duplicate Bane of Progress), and instead start by cutting cards like Simic Charm, Journey of Discovery, Verdant Confluence, probably a land or two (I find 37 is a comfortable number for a Blue/Green deck), etc.
Finally, some general suggestions. Some of these are already on your maybeboard, but these are ones that I would highly recommend adding:
- Sakura-Tribe Elder is an amazing ramp card that also triggers Ezuri
- Coiling Oracle replaces itself or ramps you, and likewise triggers Ezuri
- Same with Solemn Simulacrum
- Mulldrifter is just amazing
- Hornet Queen triggers Ezuri five times, and also makes you annoying to attack
- Master Biomancer gives counters to everybody
- I don't think I need to explain Hardened Scales
- Finally, Sage of Hours gets you infinite turns with Ezuri out (and five experience counters), so if you want a combo finish, it doesn't get any easier than this.
In any case, I really hope this helps. If you want my help again in the future (or have any questions about what I said above), feel free to leave another comment on my profile. Enjoy!
9 months ago
Maybe some angels. I like Baneslayer Angel and Akroma, Angel of Wrath. Ik you said only fliers, but Magus of the Moat is a card made for a fliers deck like this one. Mindshrieker can be great if you are getting hits in, and if you want to counter enemy fliers, I like Archetype of Imagination. Mist Raven, Skymark Roc and Spire Patrol are all creatures that I consider.
10 months ago
1 year ago
- Requiem Angel (Out) for Restoration Angel (In). Restoration has flash with a flicker effect. Fits the theme better. Requiem's CMC is higher and the second ability (while possibly useful) is arguably unnecessary
- Vassal Soul (Out) for Wall of Denial (In). Wall is harder to remove, establishes earlier solid blocking against a commander, and can become a viable guardian with an anthem creature or two on the board
- Latch Seeker (Out) for Mirror Entity (In). Mirror Entity can be a great win condition in this deck.
- Judge's Familiar (Out) for Venser, Shaper Savant (In). Venser is a better "counterspell" since it always hits in the form of Remand. With plenty of creatures that bounce permanents/creatures back to hand on ETB, and now that I'm adding Crystal Shard, it's nice to have a repeatable Remand. Not to mention his recent reprint in MM17 makes him an affordable option again
- Murder of Crows (Out) for Thistledown Liege (In). Test playing shows I have plenty of cards in hand. Anthem creature to win faster / make my creatures beefier seems like a better choice. Also the 3 devotion of Thistledown's not bad
- Invisible Stalker (Out) for Crystal Shard (In). So much utility in the shard for either bringing my own back to hand or making an opponent pay for overplaying their hand. Can slow up aggro decks from early all-out taps to get creatures on the board
- Uninvited Geist Flip (Out) for Mist Raven (In). More bounce on ETB effects on a flying body to fit the theme
1 year ago
bobnearents, I'd tell you to try cutting high-cost, low reward cards. Here:
Subjugator Angel taps out your opponents, making your creatures unblockable, but Brago is only able to blink it AFTER combat, so it won't be that useful most of the time
Isperia's Skywatch requires targeting, so it won't be able to help you with hexproof/shroud.
Scour the Laboratory is a weaker (conditional) Concentrate (or even a Plea for Power - I love this card hahaha) and besides, card draw in the form of instant/sorceries isn't that good in this kind of deck (but this is more of a personal opinion)
Captain of the Watch is nice and all, but I would replace her with Drowner of Hope. The eldrazi gives you a way of tapping enemy creatures (maybe removing potential blockers) or generating some extra mana.
Mind Control seems a little off to me. I'm aware that you can blink the controlled creature with Conjurer's Closet in order to make the control permanent, but I don't think it's all that useful here...
2 years ago
Mist Raven. It's magical. It's mythic. It's majestic.
And it kills Storm Crow.