|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Dinosaur
Charging Monstrosaur Discussion
5 days ago
triproberts12 Hey Bud. Yeah, all the cards in the main board I own, and most in the Maybeboard. Just read the article and that was really interesting. Guess I should probably run Sakura-Tribe Elder over Explosive Vegetation !
Would you say that Territorial Allosaurus should be ran over Domri Rade then? As it can be hit off of Gishath, Sun's Avatar ? I just find that he comes down, makes something fight and then dies, and even if he survives he then has a 30% chance of drawing you a card.
I agree with you on Huatli, Warrior Poet , and I think that does probably mean that Charging Monstrosaur is better, but I'd still put in things like Sunforger above it. I still don't even think that Vanquisher's Banner is that good in this deck, and adding something like Crush Contraband a long with Sunforger would be a better include.
Scattered Groves and Sheltered Thicket should probably be in the lad base anyway. I don't know about going all the way up to 40 lands as that's how many I have in my Omnath, Locus of Rage deck! Average on EDHREC is now at 38, so I should go up one or maybe even two.
It has occurred to me that there is a sweet combo with one of the indestructible spells like Make a Stand and a combination of Raptor Hatchling or Forerunner of the Empire + Polyraptor . In combination with Impact Tremors or Purphoros, God of the Forge this would make a quick win. Would you say that this is worth going for and building in? Or am I convoluting the strategy!
Once again if there's anything I can do on your tappedout let me know and I would be happy to oblige.
5 days ago
I understand the reluctance to replace Knight. It's certainly not a dead draw, or anything. Just keep an eye on your 3 and 4-mana dinos as you upgrade the deck to make sure that the possibility of double-spelling outweights the extra mana presented by Dynamo. I think Territorial Allosaurus is worth it. You are light on targeted creature removal. For that reason, I like Domri Rade , although if you don't own a copy, I would put that money into Path of Ancestry and Regal Behemoth , first.
I don't like Huatli, Warrior Poet . The dinosaur thing is cute, but this isn't a go-wide tribe like Elves or Goblins where a 3/3 token will make a difference to the board. You want them in your deck for Gishath value, and that's the main reason. Think about Charging Monstrosaur , by comparison. You get 5 power with haste on the first turn it comes down. With Huatli, you get to attack with 3 power the second turn, and 6 power the third turn, assuming she survives, which is a rough task for Planeswalkers in multiplayer. If she does, it will take 6 turns of making and attacking with 3/3 dinosaurs every turn to surpass the damage output from Monstrosaur, and she's not a hit off Gishath. I'm not sure if that means you should run Monstrosaur or not, but Reality Smasher Jr. won me a lot of games of Draft.
As for how to alter your ramp package to make it better, seeing Rampant Growth reminded me of an excellent article at EDHREC. Check it out, since I think Dana Roach does a better job explaining land ramp than I can. I would also go up to 39 or 40 lands. You REALLY want to be hitting your land drops with an 8-mana commander that your deck is built around, and one that's 3-colors, to boot. If you're afraid of flooding out, Scattered Groves and Sheltered Thicket aren't a bad compromise.
2 weeks ago
I mean yeah, a lot of people use it for that reason. I just didn't get enough mileage out of it, plus if you have it in your hand you have to choose between that and Gishath. 4cmc commanders don't use 4cmc ramp for the same reason. Competing with the commander amounts to being a dead card for a turn. But a lot of people like it and I'm far from an expert, I'm just parroting. The way I judge a card is "am I happy to see it when it's in my hand?"
Now that you have a bigger budget you may want to start thinking about specializing your deck. One thing I did with my Gishath deck for a while was land destruction. Since Gishath gets our dinosaurs out without casting, and most of our ramp is creatures and artifacts, we can destroy lands without slowing our deck down. (Lots of people hate this kind of deck and will hate you off the board though).
Another direction is emphasizing Enrage. When you playtest a while you will notice that you hardly ever, if ever, get Siegehorn Ceratops to go off. That's because there's a very low chance of having it out when it's time to block a 1/1. It will usually die instead of getting those counters. However, if you have cards like Pyrohemia and Caltrops , you can consistently get your Enrage triggers off without worrying if you have a perfect combat scenario.
Finally there's the big tramplers like Charging Monstrosaur .
Either way you may want to start thinking about trimming some dinosaurs out, and especially your non-dinosaurs. Most people will tell you not to have more than 35 or so creatures (some people say 25 but I don't feel Gishath goes off often enough in that case).
3 weeks ago
Pour niaiser avec le Enrage :
D'autres sources pour ping tes créatures :
D'autres idées :
3 weeks ago
- Cut 2 or 3 lands. You run 10 ramp without counting doublers. Or cut like 2 lands and 2 ramp.
- Courser of Kruphix Not a dino, just play ramp
- Oracle of Mul Daya Not a dino, just play ramp
- Reclamation Sage Not a dino, dino does it better
- Sakura-Tribe Elder Not a dino, replace with ramp, dino ramp
- Sky Terror Too vanilla, replace with ramp or dino ramp
- Scroll Rack You did this in Narset, wasn't tht great
- Eerie Interlude Not enough ETBs to count, if this is to dodge wraths boros charm and heroic intervention are better.
- Cacophodon I'm not seeing where you are going to benefit from untapping a single target
- Path of Mettle Flip
- Sylvan Library it's a great card, but I think you are trying to just ramp and get your value off your commander.
- Mana Geyser To me this is best in mono red or in something with X spells.
- Wayward Swordtooth Not that great in EDH
- Raging Regisaur it's in here for ping i think, you didn't seem to keen on it.
- Privileged Position
- Asceticism this and priv pos are both for protecting, with your 90 haste enablers I'm not sure i'd worry about protecting.
- Neheb, the Eternal If this is here to go infinite/near infinite with Aggravated Assault run the whole busted mana package that goes infinite with it (or at least more than just 1) Sword of Feast and Famine , Druids' Repository , Bear Umbra , Grand Warlord Radha , Savage Ventmaw
- Whispersilk Cloak Only having one of this effect seems odd
- Signets - I like the new lockets better. More mana but later on you can sac them to draw cards. Up to you
- Atzocan Seer idk, feel like i'd rather just kodama's reach. HIs second ability could be relevant.
You're missing a bunch of the best dinosaur cards in my opinion
- Commune with Dinosaurs Early gets a land, late gets a dino. Always replaces itself.
- Thundering Spineback Only a 5/5 but is an anthem and makes more dinos
- Carnage Tyrant Literally the best dinosaur ever printed, has all of the keywords you'd ever want on it but haste
- Burning Sun's Avatar Bolts something, bolts someone, and is costed correctly
- Rampaging Ferocidon So good it's banned in standard, shuts down other creature based decks. Can hurt you but likely you are winning if this is hurting.
- Verdant Sun's Avatar If you wanna flip your deck, why not gain all the life at the same time
- Runic Armasaur It's a dino, it's prison, it's got better stats than it's mana
- Overgrown Armasaur Reclamation sage-esque but on a dino
- Kindred Summons 7 mana, basically same as your creatures, and can double your creature count at EOT....
- Overwhelming Stampede Your average power is like 10 in this deck, +10/+10 and trample on everything ends games.
- Naya Charm First mode is meh, second mode can be good, third mode allows you to take out someone
- Charging Monstrosaur haste and trample and on curve
- Bellowing Aegisaur This thing gets huge fast, but doesn't have trample
- Iroas, God of Victory Not a dino, but is combat relevant, makes it easier for your dinos to get through and win
That gets you no where near where you need to be. To me you have too many enchantments might look there more.
2 months ago
3 months ago
You have too many enablers and fewer cards - deathgorge scavengers as 4-of is too many, it will starve most of the time; 4 migration, 4 drover and 3 otepec are too many mana cards - cut the 3 otepec, as they are unnecessary with 4 regisaur.
Charging Monstrosaur occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
RGW (Naya): 0.13%
All decks: 0.04%