Creature — Horror
At the beginning of your upkeep, Plague Spitter deals 1 damage to each creature and each player.
When Plague Spitter is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, Plague Spitter deals 1 damage to each creature and each player.
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Plague Spitter occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Plague Spitter Discussion
1 week ago
So happy to see someone build a commander deck exclusively with old school frames, especially black which has the best old frame IMO. I have a five color Karona, False God deck with the same theme myself :)
Subbing to this deck as it has given me ideas to maximize the old frame cards in my own mono-black deck.
4 months ago
Some other on-flavor options to bring the curve down a bit are Wharf Infiltrator (also lets you ditch higher-costed cards you might not be able to use for value and recur with your Hell's Caretaker) and Plague Spitter. Woe Strider is a nice piece of recurrable value that helps you smooth your draws a bit.
Fleshwrither is a nice utility horror that lets you go search for pieces like Hell's Caretaker or Ravenous Chupacabra.
And while it may not be as budget, Phyrexian Revoker helps you answer some threats from across the board.
10 months ago
1 year ago
1 year ago
A massive update this time. One that I'm very excited about. Here are the changes:
- Gilded Lotus -> Fanatical Firebrand
- Sword of the Animist -> Swiftfoot Boots
- Mana Crypt -> Thermo-Alchemist
- Neheb, the Eternal -> Pilgrim's Eye
- Abyssal Persecutor -> Coldsteel Heart
- Dire Fleet Ravager -> Rune-Scarred Demon
- Fiery Confluence -> Painful Truths
- Olivia Voldaren -> Goblin Fireslinger
- Damnation -> Damnable Pact
- Steel Hellkite -> It That Betrays
- Bojuka Bog -> Smoldering Marsh
- Oppression -> Artisan of Kozilek
- Rakdos, the Showstopper -> Theater of Horrors
- Sol Ring -> Lobber Crew
- Flame Rift -> Gamble
- Rakdos Charm -> Lotus Petal
- Duplicant -> Walking Ballista
- Scourge of the Throne -> Void Winnower
- Bloodgift Demon -> Mask of Memory
- Kokusho, the Evening Star -> Painful Lesson
- Oblivion Stone -> Necropotence
- Risk Factor -> Dark Ritual
- Whip of Erebos -> Plague Spitter
- Heartless Hidetsugu -> Arguel's Blood Fast Flip
Overall, the deck is faster and more consistent. Here's a summary of changes by card category:
- direct damage is now at lower cmc
- -1 Ramp
- +1 protection/haste
- +2 tutor
- +5 draw
- +1 anti-control
- -4 Creature removal
- -2 graveyard hate
- -1 discard
- -1 extra attack
- -1 lifegain/recursion
- +1 removal
So the changes overall are lower cmc, more draw and tutor, less creature removal and less utility (graveyard hate, extra attacks, etc.) Overall, the early turn plays to get direct damage and get Rakdos out are far more prevalent. The deck is more aggressive and more focused now, and plays much smoother.
And yes, this is the only deck I have where I've taken out Sol Ring . It's simply better to have only colored mana in order to cast Rakdos as consistently as possible!
1 year ago
Very cool; building around Kazarov is on my ever-expanding EDH “To Do” list.
1 year ago
Love the deck!! I think if you're going for the control route, you might want to invest into more Discard engines to keep your opponent down. (Also, I have a sweet foil Plague Spitter if you're interested)