If a land is tapped for two or more mana, it produces instead of any other type and amount.
Each spell a player casts costs more to cast for each other spell that player has cast this turn.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Damping Sphere Discussion
1 week ago
Frustrating. I mean to play against.
You have a good list. One suggestion I don't see enough of is In the Eye of Chaos , which I think would be useful to you since most of your instant spells are very low MV. If you did that, though, you'd want to replace Convolute with Mana Leak , or even Spell Pierce . And I'm not sure how the X spells would interact with that either, but honestly I've never liked spells like Clash of Wills and such. I've always found that a good-'ol Counterspell or even something like Wizard Replica is generally more mana efficient for the same result.
1 week ago
Nice build, very creative. Damn, that was a lot to read through, haha.
My impression is that it doesn't have enough protection. The one card that I see in your maybe board for that which I like is Stonewood Invocation , since it doubles as a pump spell. But I would also like traditional protection cards like Heroic Intervention and Swiftfoot Boots (you wouldn't want Lightning Greaves , since they would prevent you from pumping Rafiq). Some other less standard protection cards might include Sylvan Safekeeper , Bastion Protector , Guardian Augmenter , and Shalai, Voice of Plenty . I would maybe pull from your mana-ramp to make room for at least a couple of these, since your mana curve is so low, and your pump spells are so cheap.
As for the disruption category, if it were my deck, I would do it differently. Blue and white have all of the best tax spells. It would take a novel to list them all, but for this deck I would include Ghostly Prison , Propaganda , Kataki, War's Wage , AEther Barrier and Norn's Annex , as well as artifacts like Crawlspace , Defense Grid , Damping Sphere ... this list could go on forever. And I like that you included Silent Arbiter , which makes me want to recommend using Dueling Grounds as well. Especially if you can fit in that Maze of Ith on your maybe board.
And finally, I'm confused by the inclusion of Green Sun's Zenith . What are you searching for with it? Your big pounder is in the command zone, not your library. Are you tutoring mana dorks with it? It doesn't seem entirely necessary. Maybe you can explain the reason to me that I'm not seeing. Frankly, I'd replace it with another land. You only have 32 of those.
Hope any of that helps. Cheers!
2 weeks ago
JacenSolo29 as far as the next update goes, I’m waiting to see if there is anything else that drops from MH2, but I think we have the complete list now.
My first impressions are:
1) Faithless Salvaging - this works better than Thrill of Possibility since it can be cast on an empty hand and the rebound can’t be caught by hand disruption. Instant is nice if we really do want to cast on opponent’s end step. Then, if we draw an instant, we can cast with rebound on the stack to get full value.
2) Prismatic Ending - I personally really REALLY like this. Great against aggro, Humans, Jund, Ponza, Death's Shadow (minus Gurmag Angler ). See (https://strategy.channelfireball.com/all-strategy/home/is-prismatic-ending-the-new-swords-to-plowshares/)
3) Damn - again, LOVE IT! Definitely love the versatility, but I don’t know if it would replace Dreadbore (hits PWs), Fatal Push (instant and cheaper), or Engineered Explosives (can be triggered at instant speed and can be cheaper). Definitely a consideration for spots that previously included Damnation or Wrath of God .
4) General Ferrous Rokiric - I personally really like this. Immune to most removal (specifically EFFICIENT removal) such as Lightning Bolt , Path to Exile , Fatal Push , and Cryptic Command bouncing it. If you play a lot of multicolor spells, like Kolaghan's Command , Kaya's Guile , Kaya, Orzhov Usurper , Nahiri, the Harbinger , Dreadbore / Terminate , and Lightning Helix , then you definitely benefit from having this.
5) Dragon's Rage Channeler - this has a Magmatic Channeler feel to it and couples well with the graveyard-centric focus. If you opt for utility ARTIFACTS, like Mishra's Bauble , Damping Sphere , or Engineered Explosives , ENCHANTMENTS, like Blood Moon , or PLANESWALKERS, like Liliana of the Veil or any of the previously mentioned PWs, then you have an even easier time to activate Delirium. You do have to attack every turn, but having flying as evasion is really nice. Surveil is good if we start running more Flashback spells, like more Lingering Souls or Smiting Helix .
7) Obsidian Charmaw - OMG there are SO many Tron hate cards in this set, and I LOVE it. If Tron or Eldrazi Tron get more popular through all the hate from this set, then this would be great to add create a clock.
8) Vindicate - old EDH tech being added to Modern. I like the idea of destroying anything, but sorcery speed and 3 cmc, with everything else that has come into the game (and power creep), makes me unsure of its power. Could be what we need, but 3cmc is already crowded in the list.
9) Flame Blitz - UW/x, Jund, and maybe Tron typically run more PWs, so if we forgo running PWs, ourselves, then this serves as an extremely cheap PW hate card. Cycling is nice if we draw it and the opponent has side boarded out a majority of their PWs.
10) Harmonic Prodigy - if we bring back Young Pyromancer , add in Dark Confidant , and focus on Prowess, then I think this would rather have a home in a Feather, the Redeemed /spell-slinger deck. Still, it would be ok here, with the high spell count we run.
11) Sanctifier en-Vec - I don’t think we want to use this... definitely expect it in Burn or D&T lists against us.
12) Dauthi Voidwalker - now THIS we can use. Basically Sanctifier en-Vec , but unilateral hate and can help against Dredge or other recursion based decks. I like that we can sac on targeted removal and cast one of their spell(s). can conflict with our spells, but we are usually ok. If we get Blood Moon ed, we can usually laugh it off and power through it.
13) Bone Shards - in the primer, I’ve indicated that Mardu Pyro has different variants (spells/grave, PW, and Aristocrat/tokens). I feel this would slot nicely into an token deck, along with Village Rites , Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger , and Afterlife creatures.
14) Fury - at first glance, I’ve been conflicted. Seems ok as protection from aggro strategies, but I wish it had either 1 more toughness, did more damage, hit players, or cost less. It just seems... meh... I’m skeptical, but I’ve definitely been proven wrong before, so I’ll keep my mind open.
15) Mine Collapse - great if we run a bit more heavy on lands and run late. Too bad it doesn’t hit players though... a common theme from cards this set.
16) Arcbound Whelp / Esper Sentinel /Knighted Myr - another idea that has come to fruition from this set is Mardu Affinity. No, we won’t tech for Hardened Scales , but the removal suite that we run, in addition to these new artifact creatures (and lands!) is tempting enough to test some brews.
I hope this gives an idea of what we could change for the deck. The list was roughly done in the order of what we would tech in to the current build, but anything is possible! Let me know what you all think.
Edit: some of the cards (Knighted Myr, Mine Collapse, and Bone Shards) did not have the links set up in TappedOut as of the time of this post, so I do apologize for that.
2 weeks ago
sergiodelrio: This is giving me a headache for figuring out ways to make this cost more. Damping Sphere , Geist-Fueled Scarecrow , Glowrider , Lodestone Golem , Sphere of Resistance , Thalia, Guardian of Thraben , Thorn of Amethyst , Vryn Wingmare are what I found. Seems interesting.
3 weeks ago
Here's A Metagame Sideboard Guide Niv to Light In: 2 Despark , 1 Despise , Languish Niv to Light Out: 1 Collective Brutality , 3 Fatal Push Spirits In: 1 Settle the Wreckage , 2 Despise , 2 Languish Spirits Out: 1 Duress , 1 Agonizing Remorse , 1 Knight of Autumn , 2 Grim Flayer Pheonix In: 1 Despark , 1 Agonizing Remorse , 2 Damping Sphere , 2 Rest in Peace Pheonix Out: 2 Fatal Push , 2 Abrupt Decay , 1 Collective Brutality , 1 Liliana, the Last Hope Jund In: 2 Knight of Autumn , 2 Rest in Peace Jund In: 2 Collective Brutality , 2 Gilded Goose Dimir Control In: 2 Knight of Autumn , 2 Agonizing Remorse Dimir Control Out: 4 Fatal Push Coco In: 2 Languish , 1 Settle the Wreckage , 1 Knight of Autumn Coco Out: 1 Gilded Goose , Liliana, the Last Hope , 1 Collective Brutality , Agonizing Remorse Pyromancer In: 2 Rest in Peace , 1 Liliana, the Last Hope Pyromancer Out: Agonizing Remorse , 1 Duress , 1 Gilded Goose Stompy In: 2 Despise , 1 Settle the Wreckage , 1 Languish , Liliana, the Last Hope Stompy Out: 1 Duress , 1 Agonizing Remorse , 1 Tireless Tracker , 2 Collective Brutality
4 weeks ago
Thanks a lot for your suggestions, but I'd recommend this for a budget sideboard:
1x Jegantha, the Wellspring CMPN
A lot of the cards you suggested are really good when cast off of Tron, but most of the time you'd much rather be playing the payoff cards in the main deck with your Tron mana; the sideboard should be more focused on shoring up bad matchups (life gain and removal for aggro decks, graveyard hate for Dredge and combos) and countering your opponent's sideboard cards ( Wilt to deal with stuff like Damping Sphere ) on the turns before you have Tron, since that's when your opponents are most likely to beat you or play their anti-Tron cards.
2 months ago
From your current sideboard i would only keep the 3x Feed the Swarm - its a great card for creature AND enchantment matchups.
Seeing that you run Agadeem's Awakening Flip i would surely play some creature based hate cards.
- 2x Blight Beetle - hates out heliod, humans & hardened scales & decent blicker against green fatties like Tarmogoyf , Elder Gargaroth , Tireless Tracker ... etc.
- 2x Yixlid Jailer - good grave hate
- 2x Plague Engineer - against tribal, tokens (and bloodghast)
For the rest 6x slots i would play:
- 2x Ashiok, Dream Render - good against grave decks,tutor decks (tron to a degree, titan, heliod, STORM ...etc.)
- 2x Bontu's Last Reckoning - fastes boardwipe in the format, you should only need languish in situations where you give up your board for better topdecking - in such situations, the drawback is minimal, while the cmc 3 means you can play it in time (for example even if you fail to hit land drops, or thalia is on the field ...etc.)
- 2x Damping Sphere - decent against storm, tron, izzet blitz, and the now OMNIPRESENT boros blitz.
In your maindeck you can do much better.
Viscera Seer is very underwhelming if you only have bloodghast to go with it - i would repkace them with 1x more fatal push, 1x targeted discard & 1x Vampire of the Dire Moon / Vampire Cutthroat / Shadow Alley Denizen (latter gives evasion).
And for now maindeckable lifegain is king, so contemplate running a number of Feast of Blood or Collective Brutality (i recommend the former, as its harder to partially fizzle with prowess & less punishing when countered)
And since you run fetches, i woul advise getting 1-2 Witch's Cottage for more recursion.
3 months ago
Kinnan is my cEDH deck. So I’ll divulge lots of the strategies. You’ll want to stop the infinite mana, but there’s a lot of ways that it does infinite mana. Mainly, just 2 categories. Storm off with Tidespout Tyrant or Isochron Scepter / Lithoform Engine with Dramatic Reversal and mana positive mana rocks or do infinite untaps with Freed from the Real , Pemmin's Aura or Basalt Monolith . With the introduction out of the way, let’s talk interaction. The best would be Null Rod type effects. You can’t run Cursed Totem sadly given your commander. Cheap enchantment or artifact removal is also good. Heartwood Storyteller prevents them from storming off easily. So would Damping Sphere . Grafdigger's Cage could work. Although it is narrow, if the only infinite mana outlet they have is Kinnan, they won’t be able to use his ability. It also stops Chord, Finale, and Green Sun’s Zenith.