Legendary Creature — Zombie God
When God-Eternal Rhonas enters the battlefield, double the power of each other creature you control until the end of turn. Those creatures gain vigilance until end of turn.
When God-Eternal Rhonas is put into the graveyard or exile from the battlefield, you may put it into its owner's library third from the top.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
God-Eternal Rhonas occurrence in decks from the last year
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
God-Eternal Rhonas Discussion
4 weeks ago
KBK7101 you know, I ran Fiery Emancipation for a while, and just never felt like there was a good time to cast it... i always discarded it. Hahahah. I imagine it would be do way better in a more discard oriented build than this voltron style. Maybe i’ll revisit it later.
Firestorm is awesome!! I still plan on trying it out. Need to buy one.
My first deck was God-Eternal Rhonas and I didn’t build another deck until I finished the cycle. I love each one of them, and will never deconstruct them. They’re my bbs.
4 weeks ago
Erza420 I see your point but I'm the token deck I likely destroyed creatures my opponent controlled that were much more scary than ones I have. They could have say for instance a Beast Whisperer , a Eternal Witness , a God-Eternal Rhonas , and a Voracious Hydra . And I have 10 1/1 soldier tokens, a Selvala, Explorer Returned and a 0/1 eldrazi token. I cast March of Souls and basically replace all those creatures with 1/1 flyers. Now that player has downgraded to 5 1/1 flyers and I have not downgraded and stayed then same with 12 1/1 flyers. But I'm a token deck I prepared for the wipe. So I have casted Cathars' Crusade prior to it. Or I casted Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite the next turn. Or I had Doubling Season out before casting March of Souls . Or I cast Beastmaster Ascension befor I attack with them. This is why it's perfect Erza420 and that's why more people should be playing it in the right token deck and build.
1 month ago
word! you do see though that God-Eternal Rhonas goes infinite with Greater Good for your deck right? so long as you have the mana to cast it again because you have the choice to put him into the deck rather then the command zone
1 month ago
Might add Purphoros, Bronze-Blooded and when you world tree all your God's will have haste, which in combination with Nylea, God of the Hunt and God-Eternal Rhonas will make all your gods hit for double their power with trample. This would be in addition to the damage Purphoros, God of the Forge will do. This will also help for the scenario where you have one or the other in your hand. Would hate to be able to use worldtree but the Purphoros is in your hand.
1 month ago
2 months ago
Sorry for the very lengthy reply. I just got swept up in this.
I've only played two games so my experience overall isn't going to tell me enough about how certain cards perform in various situations or if they're not synergizing enough with your strategy. I'm guessing you're on a budget. If your playgroup allows proxies, or money isn't an issue. Gaea's Cradle is always a great option in a deck that generates lots of token creatures, and you're already running Crop Rotation . The budget option to cradle though is Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. When I began my 2nd game playing this deck I was very concerned since one opponent was running Angus Mackenzie which usually just neuters this kind of strategy. I mean I lost that game for other reasons, but if it had dragged on I probably would need a lot of luck to have instant speed removal for Angus and enough power to alpha strike or I'd just lose to forever fog. That's certainly an edge case, but a tad more removal could be helpful to rid yourself of problematic creatures or other effects. Song of the Dryads and Kenrith's Transformation are a couple of great options. The only other creature that doesn't do something like fight that shot to the front of my mind to get around Angus was Questing Beast .
However, simply looking at the list and thinking about good options in general I would say the following cards should be considered for replacement:
- Colossal Majesty its a bit slow compared to other green card draw. Sylvan Library is probably the best replacement if money is no issue. Beast Whisperer is decent and you can tutor it. There are great one-time effects considering the swarm you usually have like Shamanic Revelation and Regal Force . Harmonize is always a solid option. Oakhame Adversary is usually getting through because of deathtouch and you can always leave him as a blocker. Depending on your meta Runic Armasaur can net you plenty of cards.
- Liege of the Tangle feels like you'd be better off with something that helps finish the game the turn it enters the battlefield for this much mana. Craterhoof Behemoth or something like that would be nice, but if you're content with the pump that you get from Kamahl then perhaps Bane of Progress would be nice to wipe the pesky artifacts and enchantments. God-Eternal Rhonas is another decent buff to finish with. Great Oak Guardian could potentially be a finisher with your ability to turn lands into creatures and Temur Sabertooth as a way to recast the treefolk again and again.
- Nylea, Keen-Eyed I feel like she is a decent card, especially since she is indestructible, but her activated ability is pretty costly for only digging 1 card. I would prefer Duskwatch Recruiter Flip for this kind of effect and if it flips it does the cost reduction. If you're after an indestructible creature here then Rhonas the Indomitable is great for the deathtouch as a blocker or threat, and his pump + trample effect. For other nice cost reducers there's Emerald Medallion and Rhonas's Monument .
- Curious Herd was a dead card for me in one of my games where I drew it. I ended up discarding it when I ended a turn at 8 cards in hand. I can see that it has potential in some matchups, but its is a bit meta dependent. Arachnogenesis would probably be an upgrade in many cases, but again meta dependant.
- Magus of the Order I was surprised when I saw this in my hand because I didn't realize it had been printed. 2020 was a blur. However, as it stands there were not a lot of great targets for this to go tutor into play. Avenger, Nyxbloom, of Baloths were the primary options to me since Leige needs to swing and connect in order to do something and wait a turn before the lands can attack giving opponents a chance to wipe your board (including 8/8 lands). Actual Natural Order would be preferable since it is less telegraphed, but still need better finisher, utility, value to tutor for. Craterhoof, Bane of Progress, or maybe something like Apex Devastator for all the silly cascades.
- Roiling Regrowth -> Harrow (generally won't get countered so the additional cost on cast of sacrificing a land is a minimal risk) or if you want a body Springbloom Druid .
- Bow of Nylea it certainly has its utility, but something like Ohran Frostfang may be better for the deathtouch buff and supplemental card draw.
Other cards to consider:
- Skyshroud Claim it doesn't have the option to cycle, but untapped lands can really help in situations where you've doubled or tripled your mana produced.
- Zendikar Resurgent is just a great card.
- Eternal Witness works great with Temur Sabertooth and is generally just a great card.
- Overwhelming Stampede just a nice alternative finisher to Kamahl incase he's too expensive to get back on the field.
- Kogla, the Titan Ape not a lot of humans in your current iteration to have his bounce ability be useful like Temur Sabertooth , but he's still another way to fight a problematic creature and he can remove an artifact/enchantment per attack.
- Champion of Lambholt with so many token creatures you can get this up to a point where your creatures are unblockable.
- Soul of the Harvest is another solid source of incremental card draw.
- Triumph of the Hordes is a nice surprise finisher, especially against someone with near-infinite life.
- Carpet of Flowers meta dependent, but excellent ramp.
- Elder Gargaroth beefy, and has useful options every attack.
- Bellowing Tanglewurm since Kamahl already can pump, this can help get your alpha strike in.
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa can just be a fun deterrent to board wipes if you have enough mana available to turn your opponent's lands into creatures in response.
- Oracle of Mul Daya just amazing for landfall theme.
- Gaea's Touch is a budget friendly option to help put more lands into play per turn, but they need to be basic forests.
- Tireless Tracker a bit grindy, but nice way to spend mana when you have nothing better to do. Also the treasure token trigger Kodama of the East Tree to allow you to put another land into play.
Some combo suggestions:
- Quirion Ranger + Ashaya, Soul of the Wild to use the ranger's ability to return the ranger and untap any other creature that can tap for mana to recast the range and repeat for infinite cast triggers, creature ETB triggers for other permanents that care, and "landfall" triggers. Scryb Ranger can also work if your "lands" produce an additional green or if you have a way to give them haste like Lightning Greaves or Concordant Crossroads .
- Cloudstone Curio + Kodama of the East Tree to put a land into play, bounce another land, resolve Kodama trigger to put that land back into play and bounce the first land for as many additional lands you can play per turn. This becomes infinite if you have a permanent that generates any kind of token on landfall trigger.
3 months ago
My wife is trying to build a tribal god deck but she’s having multiple issues with the deck.
First thing is she can’t decide on a general. She’s hesitating between
Child of Alara: Whipping the board over and over and only having her gods on the board.
Golos, Tireless Pilgrim, playing big mana creatures with multiple colours in their identity to add the devotion count.
Kenrith, the Returned King: I forgot why she thought that one was a good pick.
Also, would a devotion themed deck be better than a tribal god deck which needs devotions?
5 months ago
Are you committed to the colors/partners? I feel like the new Kodama of the East Tree would be a very good partner choice. You lose black, but Kodama is busted and very good in multiples!
And here are some legendaries that don't have ETBs, but are good in multiples:
Kinnan, Bonder Prodigy
Edric, Spymaster of Trest
Kira, Great Glass-Spinner (SHEESH)
Rayne, Academy Chancellor
Reki, the History of Kamigawa
Imoti, Celebrant of Bounty
Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur
And final note: If you could find a way to make Linessa, Zephyr Mage work in commander, it'd automatically be a fantastic deck.