Reki, the History of Kamigawa
Legendary Creature — Human Shaman
Whenever you play a legendary spell, draw a card.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Reki, the History of Kamigawa Discussion
1 month ago
I have an Ur-Dragon deck and have a few recommendations. For lands, Unclaimed Territory and Ancient Ziggurat are great for being able to add any color, provided it's used to cast dragons. As far as legendary support goes, Time of Need lets you tutor for any legendary creature. Urza's Ruinous Blast exiles everything that ISN'T legendary, clearing the board for dragons to lay waste to opponents. Lastly, Reki, the History of Kamigawa lets you draw every time you cast a legendary spell.
Hope this helps!
1 month ago
For your sub-theme support (and some of them are dragon-themed too!):
2 months ago
+1! The deck looks fun to pilot and I'm tempted to build a deck around Esika myself!
I'd recommend Reki, the History of Kamigawa as he is a powerful card draw engine given the no. of legendary spells you run in this deck.
Being a 5C deck, I'd suggest adding a bit more ramp and color fixing to the deck to avoid color screw. Some basic green ramp spells are great - Three Visits , Farseek , Skyshroud Claim , Nature's Lore .
Hope you find these suggestions useful. Enjoy!
3 months ago
Card advantage (8/10): Reki, the History of Kamigawa (31 Legendaries), Jace, Unraveler of Secrets, Jace, the Mind Sculptor, Kiora, the Crashing Wave, Teferi, Hero of Dominaria, Teferi, Temporal Archmage, Oath of Jace, and Tezzeret's Gambit.
Ramp (14/10): Kethis, the Hidden Hand , Wood Elves, Kiora, the Crashing Wave, Nissa, Who Shakes the World, Oath of Ajani (not for your commander), Chromatic Lantern, Sol Ring, Cultivate, Explosive Vegetation, Farseek, Grow from the Ashes, Kodama's Reach, Tempt with Discovery, and Harrow.
Removal (14/5): Liliana of the Veil (Unreliable Removal), Liliana, Waker of the Dead, Oko, Thief of Crowns, Sorin Markov, Sorin, Grim Nemesis, Teferi, Hero of Dominaria, Ugin, the Spirit Dragon, Vraska the Unseen, Vraska, Relic Seeker, Oath of Kaya, Oath of Liliana (Unreliable Removal), Assassin's Trophy, Path to Exile, and Swords to Plowshares.
Board Wipes (11/5): Elspeth, Sun's Champion, Ugin, the Spirit Dragon, Contagion Engine (slow but works well with your deck), Cleansing Nova, Languish, Merciless Eviction, Sublime Exhalation, Supreme Verdict, Urza's Ruinous Blast, Wrath of God, and Cyclonic Rift.
3 months ago
In my humble opinion, Kaldheim is looking like an amazing set. We haven't gotten any broken things, but they all look fun. Let's go over some of the future commanders of our hearts! I'm skipping over commanders that use fortell, as we don't have many cards for them. Oh, and the cards that don't interest me. My post, my rules!
- Magda, Brazen Outlaw: The dwarf commander we've all been waiting for! Dwarven Recruiter is finally good, and you can add in some spicy treasure/dragon synergies, too! I-I think we did it guys. We broke Dockside Extortionist. Oh, and Hellkite Tyrant is a must.
- Halvar, God of Battle Flip: While pretty good in Voltron decks, he makes for the first artifact commander we've ever had, and I know my Inner Johnny is tickled at that fact. The Equipment side is also super cool, with being able to pay 4 mana to resuscitate one of your creatures. With some Phyrexian Altar + Ashnod's Altar janks, we can make a fun mono-white combo deck! Oh, and Batterskull says hi.
- Lathril, Blade of the Elves: I'm really psyched for this general. She looks like a way to make Golgari Elfball more viable, has a crazy, but not broken, activated ability, and is one of the only generals to make a usually too-competitive strategy fit for more casual tables. She has synergy up the wazoo with cards like Immaculate Magistrate and Timberwatch Elf. Oh, and one card that should be in every one of her decks, but is in zero so far, is Elder of Laurels. This card = broken in this deck, often turning your Lathril, Blade of the Elves into a four-digit power commander. Run it!
- Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider: Finally, Superfriends has some support! But seriously, this is just another Doubling Season with an upside on a stick for Atraxa, Praetors' Voice. If you want to be cruel and run this bad boy as a commander, stax/superfriends seems the way to go. Say hello to Smokestack!
- Toski, Bearer of Secrets: And people said Green couldn't draw cards! Why did they have to print another Edric, Spymaster of Trest? This card is also an indestructible blocker with cards like Seedborn Muse and Quest for Renewal. Oh, and it can't be countered. Why? Because green.
- Valki, God of Lies Flip: This card is super fun. It's like a Lazav, the Multifarious but you get to use your opponent's creatures. But where this 'lil trickster god really shines is in the 99. But more specifically, in the 99 of The First Sliver. See, you can cascade into Valki, God of Lies Flip, but instead of casting the small side, you can just windmill-slam Tibalt, Cosmic Impostor on Turn 4. Fun!
- Sarulf, Realm Eater: Golgari Control is a thing, I guess? Stack your deck like card:Skullbrair, the Walking Grave does, but instead of going for the voltron combos, instead, you wipe your opponent's board every turn. Evolutionary Escalation is a must. Who cares about an 8/8 on your opponent's side when it's dead?
- Kolvori, God of Kinship Flip: Man, Sisay, Weatherlight Captain sure got a lot of new goodies in this set! This card is unfortunately not great as a commander. If I'm playing mono-green legends, I'd rather play Reki, the History of Kamigawa.
- Tergrid, God of Fright Flip: I love this card. There. I've said it. I'm done. This goes in so many different decks: Nekusar, the Mindrazer, Tinybones, Trinket Thief, Malfegor, Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest, Nath of the Gilt-Leaf, the list goes on and on! As a commander, she's kill-on-sigh. A single Smallpox just wins you the game.
- Vega, the Watcher: I'll say it: This is probably the most powerful uncommon commander ever printed. This triggers off of so many things: Elsha of the Infinite, Flahsback, Cascade, Retrace, Future Sight, Suspend, Adventure, Foretell, Impulse Draw, etc. Need I say more?
5 months ago
6 months ago
Are you committed to the colors/partners? I feel like the new Kodama of the East Tree would be a very good partner choice. You lose black, but Kodama is busted and very good in multiples!
And here are some legendaries that don't have ETBs, but are good in multiples:
Kinnan, Bonder Prodigy
Edric, Spymaster of Trest
Kira, Great Glass-Spinner (SHEESH)
Rayne, Academy Chancellor
Reki, the History of Kamigawa
Imoti, Celebrant of Bounty
Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur
And final note: If you could find a way to make Linessa, Zephyr Mage work in commander, it'd automatically be a fantastic deck.
6 months ago
+1 from me from the concept alone. I like the theme/gimmick of legendary wizard tribal in all these colors. Snuck in charm tribal too. Maybe complete the Confluence and Command cycle?
0 artifacts or enchantments? Capitalize on their absence with a play set of stax hate.
Reki, the History of Kamigawa while not a wizard would still create real value in this list.
Tribal cards like Arcane Adaptation, Call to the Kindred, Cavern of Souls, Cover of Darkness, Descendants' Path, Kindred Discovery, Kindred Dominance, Kindred Summons, Patriarch's Bidding, Species Specialist