|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Shaman
, Sacrifice Sylvok Replica: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Sylvok Replica Discussion
3 weeks ago
Don't know what you want your wincon to be, but if you want to combo at all Cloudstone Curio and Ancestral Statue are really good.
Skyscanner and Sandstone Oracle are good card draw options with the above combo cards.
Sylvok Replica could be a removal option, but I don't know how repeatable it could be.
1 month ago
Biggest issue I see here is a lack of focus and not enough creatures for a creatures only matter deck.
Animar, Soul of Elements wants two main things: Cast creatures and get +1/+1 counters to cast larger creatures. Everything in the deck should be focused on those two goals.
Setting up the deck to achieve this purpose will make it efficient and powerful. All cards should therefore do one of the following:
- Ramp up to Animar.
- Protect Animar.
- Place counters on Animar.
- Cast game ending creatures for cheap or free.
- Draw cards to allow us to do 1 through 4.
Priority should be given to cards that does something now > does something before your next turn > does something on your next turn > does something eventually.
Because Animar offers a discount based on creatures played, the deck shouldn't be filled with only high cmc game enders, but creatures from low to high cmc, preferably with as little colored mana symbols as possible, to give the deck a natural progression to casting free or cheap high cmc game ending creatures.
Let's split the deck into 3 parts. Pre-Animar setup, Post-Animar setup, Finale.
Note that $: (0 to 0.99), $$: (1.00 to 4.99), $$$: (5.00 to 9.99), $$$$: (10.00 to 19.99), !$!: (20.00+)
Unnecessary on a computer, very helpful on a phone.
- Exotic Orchard is pretty good and cheap and can usually offer every color in multiplayer, especially if an opponent has a Command Tower out or even a Vivid Grove without even needing charge counters. - Kazoo lands such as Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, and Gruul Turf are good in casual EDH where there is lack of land destruction and they artifically increase your deck ammount by posing as two lands in one. Though overall you do not want too many tap lands as you'll constantly be a entire turn behind.
- Zhur-Taa Druid creature ramp & burn. $
- Bloom Tender creature ramp. !$!
- Coiling Oracle ramp or card draw. $
- Cyclonic Rift removal or 1-sided board wipe. $$$$
- Explore ramp and card Draw. $
- Sakura-Tribe Elder creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Sylvan Caryatid creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Beastcaller Savant creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Kiora's Follower creature ramp or vigilance on a stick. $
- Rattleclaw Mystic creature ramp and color fix. $
- Walking Atlas potentially free creature ramp. $
- Simic Charm so versatile. $
- Lightning Greaves Protection and quick haste for a large creature. $$
- Spellskite For those , & removals. $$$
- Ring of Kalonia Ramp every turn and makes Animar a lot more threatening. $
- Sage of Fables Emergency card draw. $$
- Pestermite Vigilance, chump blocker vs flying or stopping a giant creature. $
- Guided Passage One of the best card draw and pick your poison spells ever. $$
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal A creature hardened scales and specific tutor. $$
- Cloudstone Curio An auto include if you can afford it. $$$$
- Temur Ascendancy Makes all your casted creatures threatening and some card draw. $
- Phyrexian Metamorph Costs 2 life and can do so much for you. $$$
- Solemn Simulacrum Free ramp, chump blocker and card draw. $$
- Faerie Artisans It doesn't look like much, this is card can get crazy. $$
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend A growing monstrocity that explodes into cards. $$
- Silent Arbiter Protection against swarm decks. $$
- Xenagos, God of Revels Game ender. $$
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter On your upkeep, you may pay to clone the biggest and baddest mofo on the field. $
- Deepglow Skate Potential huge ramp for just . $$$
- Progenitor Mimic Very dangerous to copy one of the heavy hitters in this deck. $$
- Consecrated Sphinx All the card draw. $$$
- Deadwood Treefolk Repeatable creature recusion. $
- Steel Hellkite Situational, but very deadily against token decks. $
- Great Oak Guardian Great, quick surprise block when tapped out. $
- Pathbreaker Ibex Quick, game ender. $$
- Thunderfoot Baloth Setup for getting past defenses. $$
- Scourge of the Throne Depending on the situation, can be deadly. !$!
1 month ago
Executioner's Capsule would be nice to be able to return, but I just can’t get past that “nonblack” condition.
Sylvok Replica feels like a distraction, but I’ll think about it.
Mindslaver tooooo expensive.
Nemesis Mask This one I’ll really consider. The permenance is really nice, however, the draw back is that it’s much slower to use. Definitely will think about it though.
The last two, I’m not really looking for board wipes. I’m looking for ways to take advantage of Deathtouch. Those sort of have a Deathtouchy thing going on, but the trade offs are probably too much. Dead-Iron Sledge will kill whatever it’s attached to, and Engulfing Slagwurm is just too much mana.
2 months ago
I think you should have more artifacts and enchantments which can be abused with Muldrotha to fully get the most out of his ability Seal of Doom, Pernicious Deed, Khalni Heart Expedition, Executioner's Capsule, Sylvok Replica, Nevinyrral's Disk, Moriok Replica, Commander's Sphere, Harvester of Souls seems good to just draw a bunch. In this type of deck, I feel that the ability to self-sacrifice is crucial because your sac outlets will be targeted especially since you don't have too many. The Mending of Dominaria could be fun with a bit more self-mill, along with other sagas like The Eldest Reborn. Spore Frog is sweet, maybe throw in Altar of Dementia. The other check lands are cheap if you don't have them. Definitely put in cycling lands, there is the dimir one from amonkhet but also the ones that cycle for 1 mana of a specific color.
2 months ago
You're not utilizing Glissa, the Traitor's full potential. Consider replacing Murder with Executioner's Capsule and also add Sylvok Replica. Whenever a creature dies you can return an artifact, and this gives you a suite of removal for many different types of permanents. Mindslaver if budget allows.
Also, replace Lure with Nemesis Mask for the same effect, which is reusuable after the creature dies, but that only applies to the amount of combat damage you are able to apply at any given time. If you're looking for board wipe efficiency, consider Engulfing Slagwurm and Dead-Iron Sledge. Remember, they don't say combat damage... just "blocking or blocked".
3 months ago
Sorry for doubling up in the comments but as a huge Mazirek player I have to suggest these - Noxious Gearhulk, Tetzimoc, Primal Death, Hex, Savra, Queen of the Golgari, Slum Reaper, Perilous Predicament, Vona's Hunger, Barter in Blood, The Eldest Reborn, Grave Pact, Ghost Quarter, Field of Ruin, Sylvok Replica, Caustic Caterpillar, and Viridian Zealot. Great work with the list so far!
3 months ago
So, funny enough ive already tried every single one of those cards except Phyrexian Arena. I personally like bigger bodies so that is why im running Thrashing Brontodon and Sylvok Replica. I find it more useful for late game and theyre abilities only cost 1 to activate. Im currently seeing if Zulaport Cutthroat or Falkenrath Noble performs better. In my meta, Blood Artisttype effects are vastly superior. I definitely agree that Golgari Rot Farm could probably come out and that would be a good replacement for the Sol Ring that i decided to stop running. Im always testing cards out so in this current version Walking Ballista and Whispersilk Cloak are being tested and they could be replaced with Wayfarer's Bauble and Rampant Growth. Thanks for the reply
3 months ago
A few budget improvements you could make to help with the speed of the deck:
you should be running Sol Ring. I know it doesn't sacrifice itself, but it is just too good not to run. Wayfarer's Bauble is another good ramp piece as it will trigger your commander. I would also recommend adding more 2CMC ramp to the deck - Rampant Growth, Golgari Signet, etc. will make it a hell of a lot faster. You can even start adding mana dorks like Llanowar Elves, Elvish Mystic, Elves of Deep Shadow to make it faster again.
Golgari Rot Farm is slow and should be cut. It guarantees you wont be able to do anything turn two - any other fixing land would be better.
Phyrexian Arena is a good source of card advantage that is independent of any conditions, it just gives you cards each turn.