|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Shaman
, Sacrifice Sylvok Replica: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Sylvok Replica Discussion
1 month ago
Thanks for posting on / upvoting my Meren primer, really glad you liked it :) Just following up with you to see if there are a few ideas I can help with - trying to stay in tune with your current deck flavor, and keep all the suggestions pretty cheap :)
- Acidic Slime - How often do you find you target lands with him? I always thought he was a little steep for the effect, and something like Sylvok Replica did 95% of the job for 60% of the cost
- What's your experience with the "pump" creatures like Bloodthrone Vampire, Lotleth Troll, etc.? I find that even with recursion engines, it's hard to have enough cards to actually feed them well enough... maybe it would be more useful to use these slots for more utility creatures (removal, ramp, etc.) and then....
- ...look at something like Beastmaster Ascension to go alongside Dance of Shadows! Seems like your wincon is a big alpha strike with creatures, so this might be a great alternative/addition. Note that Beastmaster Ascension gets the counters upon declaring attacks, so if you swing with seven creatures in one combat, they will all get +5/+5 that combat.
- Focusing on strong wincons like that would also let you turn Mortician Beetle into Elves of Deep Shadow (of course, I don't see many creatures in my playgroup so maybe I'm undervaluing that card)
- Scavenging Ooze sticks with your pump-to-win theme but adds some targeted graveyard hate
- To help speed up card draw - how about Fecundity? I assume you're playing more creatures than your opponents (and have recursion!) so this can help speed up the mid-game slog that usually happens in B/G. Foster is another option, but a little slower.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip - I have no experience with him, but maybe this would be a good place for him
- Manglehorn is just so good as removal, and to slow down your opponents
- From Beyond seems a bit slower than Awakening Zone in an opening hand for a similar effect
- Cryptolith Rite turns everything into Birds of Paradise!
- Maybe Bone Shredder over Nekrataal?
- What about something like Doomgape as a swing-in fatty over Scourge of Nel Toth? Both seem combat-focused, but Doomgape gains you life and is harder to block
- How often do you use Altar of Dementia? Would something like Ashnod's Altar be more useful? Probably comes down to whether you need ramp or card draw more at that stage of the game.
- Ghirapur Orrery might be interesting tech to play with, but depending on your playgroup it could go either way. Never used it personally but it seems like it could be fun
- Aluren is on the steep side of "budget" but would be SO GOOD HERE (assuming your opponents aren't heavy on the creatures too, it's symmetric!)
2 months ago
I made a similar deck too with black. I tried to use the least amount of non-creautre cards in it. Dryad Arbor is great if you mill yourself because it will count as a creature in the yard too. Grisly Salvage was awesome as well. With Splinterfright, Boneyard Wurm and Liliana's Elite it becomes a giant growth combat trick (my deck only had around 22 non creature cards).
Your mono green deck is pretty cool as well. If you ever want a new version, try to look into black or blue.
I do like your inclusion of Splendid Reclamation in the Deck. Great idea to use the lands that end up in your graveyard. But I would try to find a creature that does something similar. Maybe Life from the Loam could be interesting for its dredge ability. Ramunap Excavator could be good as well as it counts as a creature if it ends up in the yard.
For trample I had Brawn.
As my finisher I used Kessig Cagebreakers. If it could survive one turn the enemy was dead.I have a long list of cards in my maybeboard in my deck that you might want to check out.
In my playgroup we usually play multiplayer and don't bother with sideboards but Witchbane Orb was good for some graveyard hate, as it makes target player exiles his or her graveyard impossible. But unfortunately it is not a creature. Sylvok Replica and Ainok Survivalist deal with artifacts that hate on your yard that can be responded to. Well enjoy your deck, I had a blast playing with the Splinterfright idea, so I think you will too!
4 months ago
loved playtesting this! Little suggestion however, the deck could use some enchantment/artifact control. Might I suggest Sylvok Replica? I feel like this deck would make good use out of it ;)
4 months ago
I would suggest the tried and true Mike and Trike combo. Mikaeus provides fantastic synergy, as it gives you additional recursion for you creatures. And the combo is strengthened by the fact that your commander can recur either of the pieces if one should end up in your graveyard.
I will also point out that this basically makes Tooth and Nail, a one-card wincon.
4 months ago
JMCraig that's is the first 49 creature list that I find realy interesting!! But Realy!! I was seing the Ainok question and instead of him my choice come to Sylvok Replica that you may tutor, at bad, even with Fabricate. So I would ask your question of what do you think about it and about Opposition. Maybe is becouse I love this card, but the advantage it give is incredible and with 49 it can do much more than in my list. From animar to animar players can I ask your opinion on what you woul cut from my Animar, Soul of Victorious for Vizier of the Menagerie that I totaly forgot of its printing?? +1 From me!!
5 months ago
Hi Caeruleus; thanks for your suggestions. No +1 though? Such a shame ;) I had Reclamation Sage and Sylvok Replica in here before, along with the other enchantment/artifact removal stuff and decided to remove them. Reason: the deck already had plenty of other ways to deal with artifacts/enchantments.
I'm not sure what to think about the Dilligent Farmhand suggestion. What the hell is 'Muscle Burst'?
5 months ago
I appreciate this deck: the list looks pretty enjoyable. I just have a few of cards I think should be cut in favour of more interesting cards. If you want to keep the effect I've made some suggestions for alternatives in the slots; but really you could take those slots and put anything in there.
- Creakwood Liege: This just anthems and generates a token each turn. You're missing Reclamation Sage or Sylvok Replica both of which give you some more control, and recurr.
- Vulturous Zombie: This is just a big fat flier. Any demon or similar, perhaps Rune-Scarred Demon, but really, you could go with anything; Devouring Strossus is a bit of fun
- Sylvan Caryatid: 2 mana mana dork that lets you get down Meren turn 3. Perhaps try Diligent Farmhand as interacts far better with Meren.
Happy Brewing & dream big! :)
7 months ago
I will keep those in mind. Caustic Caterpillar and Sylvok Replica and the Maulfist Revolutionary is invaluable to me to say the least. However, Winding Constrictor doesn't seem all that powerful in there because I do not run very many counters in the deck.
Thank you for the help. I've been wondering if there were more removal cards on creatures. Thank you very much for showing me.