|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Battle Royale Box Set (BRB)||Rare|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Destroy all lands or all creatures. Creatures destroyed this way can't be regenerated.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (6)||Fairseas , VampireArm , ironax , , Forkbeard , LaKU|
|Want (19)||Cetriel , wawa111 , N3M0 , terrykyg , ASCLEPIUS , wlbreda , tomofthewild , ray3003 , RoninH3RO , itskevinmiller , Sarkhanite312 , TwoInchWonder14 , airbournevirus , adam1floyd3 , TheBl0b , xafeara , samuelianstorm , arthurxisde , tjaptjaptjeroe|
1 week ago
Very cool Superfriends Deck, I will definitely take some of the cards you have in here (most notably Catastrophe, Terminus, Cleansing Nova, Everflowing Chalice and Thaumatic Compass in consideration for my iteration of Atraxa, Praetors' Voice.
You might want to consider Pir, Imaginative Rascal, Shalai, Voice of Plenty, Djeru, With Eyes Open and Oath of Gideon for yours. I want to see my fellow Superfriends bretheren wipe some ass on Muddstah's channel, so keep up this amazing deck and keep us posted!
1 month ago
Another tip: Lightning Greaves and Mother of Runes provide additional protection for Kaalia, because she is famous by what she can do and smart opponents will try to take her out as soon she is cast. // You can also try massive land destruction once Kaalia hits the battlefield, because you don't really need lands if you can attack with her to put your big creatures on the battlefield for free. It also prevent opponents from casting removal spells on her, giving you enough time to smash their faces. Armageddon, Boom // Bust, Catastrophe and Decree of Annihilation are all options, but beware: some people think their lands are sacred, therefore frown upon massive land destruction (MLD). // Steel Hellkite can help you deal with problematic permanents. Liliana's Contract might be an alternative win condition, and it still draws you a good chunk of cards. Swords to Plowshares is a cheap removal spell that is a staple in EDH. Utter End and Merciless Eviction are also solid, because they can exile anything.
3 months ago
Any deck with an Angel of Jubilation gets a +1 for me (which leads me to +1 a lot of decks...) and I quite like builds like this! Though the decks cost is something like a teacher's yearly salary, I am sure I can trade a few lands from my vintage deck to get it (If I had a vintage deck ;-; ), but that is beside the point, I want to ask why the lack of Gemstone Caverns and Ancient Tomb in the list, they act as fast-paced ramp in mono-white, and I don't imagine you'd be opposed to the price, so that would seem pretty cool, Scroll Rack is another card I would suggest.
Scroll Rack gets a lot of hate outside of the Land Tax or Weathered Wayfarer synergy, but I still think it is powerful without them. It basically is a sorcery that doubles your hand worst case scenario for like or so. That is pretty good for mono-white.
Two things in the description, first, "Konwing" should be "knowing" I think, minor tid-bit (I am a Grammar Nazi!) and the second is pretty major... YOU LOAN A $7356 DECK TO NEW PLAYERS?!?... The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale will be bent when they shuffle it... That is like $500 down the drain if you try to sell it bent.
You make me cry.
SynergyBuild on Roon
3 months ago
That wins turn one, you fetch a Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker, Phyrexian Delver, Pestermite, reanimate the Delver, to reanimate Kiki-Jiki, copy the delver, return the mite, Pestermite + Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker to win.
The deck Grixis Twin can win a a ton of ways turn one, so can flash-hulk, and food chain tazri, etc.
You honestly gave the second worst example for a deck to win fast with Teferi, it is a stax deck, Blood Pod is a tad bit worse, it is a beatdown stax build, so even a perfect god hand might not win with it turn one.
The stax lock you gave takes way longer than turn 4 to pull off, and infinite removal won't affect storm, so I don't know why you think that stops your opponents, Winter Orb can shut off a table on its own, that is what stax is, not a combo. Tangle Wire slows down a tables tempo a ton. Smokestack might take some time, but it works, Armageddon single-handely has won many a game. Stax is about those cards, not Acidic Slime.
Armageddon, Ravages of War, Catastrophe, Cataclysm, Ruination, Decree of Annihilation (cycle it), Sphere of Resistance, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Thorn of Amethyst and the like are real stax cards. A 3 card combo that costs 11 mana (not including Palinchron's cost, it is kind of free.) isn't what turns a deck into a stax deck.
I said a control deck should run 30+ answers, none of the decks I mentions after were control, I apologize, that was on me. Control is a cEDH strategy, in the way it is in Tier 2-2.5, but I was only talking tier 1 lists, so it didn't fit there, I apologize again if I didn't mention that.
Yes, Roon is a tier 2.5 list on that tier list, I respect that entirely, you know the decklist that was mentioned there? Prison Can Roon Your Life, a stax deck, you know what cards it runs? Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Vryn Wingmare, Thorn of Amethyst, Sphere of Resistance, and do you know what it doesn't run? Acidic Slime, Deadeye Navigator, Palinchron, cards like that.
Hokori and Seedborn Muse are good cards, I will give you that, honestly, my suggestions are one of two, turn the deck into Prison Can Roon Your Life, or something of similar competitiveness, like Bant Flash + Protean Hulk, or drop the "competitive" hub.
3 months ago
Suggestions for fun stuff:
- Catastrophe is a super-fun board wipe, especially if you want to go the land destruction/threatened land destruction route. Play of the Game is also maybe a good idea in a multiplayer setting.
- To protect yourself from mean opponents who hate fun, I could suggest Spirit of the Hearth, Leyline of Sanctity, Seht's Tiger...
- More O-Ring effects could be fun, so maybe Admonition Angel could be worth a look.
- Also, in lieu of Moat, maybe Magus of the Moat and, in that same vein, Magus of the Tabernacle could help to ensure that people don't mess with you (too much).
- In terms of Planeswalkers, the only one I can think of that might be useful is Elspeth Tirel, largely because she resets the board quite a bit and provides protection (plus, she's not the huge target that Elspeth, Knight-Errant or Elspeth, Sun's Champion are).
3 months ago
@ForTheOldFrame: Thanks for your upvote and your detailed comment and sorry for posting so late. I was busy the last days and didn't find the time to reply.
I will try to answer to all your suggestion but I myself aren't an expert in EDH too. So maybe I am wrong with some choices and many cards depend on teh playgroup you are playing:
- Mentor of the Meek: Is already on my maybe list and goes in the deck as soon as I can get it.
- Concerted Effort: Is already on my maybe list and goes in the deck as soon as I can get it. But I will probably not build the deck around it. So Lost Auramancers, Plea for Guidance and Windbrisk Heights are out. Especially Windbrisk Heights as my rebels normally only attack once with three creatures or more.
- Land drops are an issue so Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers are great choice and I will try them out.
- Temple of the False God: I tend to have it on my starting hand nearly every time I play it in a deck. So I am not a big fan of this card. But with Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers it is maybe worth a try.
- Sword of the Animist: Mostly I need my rebels to control the table and don't have a chance to attack the first rounds.
- Rebels mitigate the lack of good carddraw in white by tutoring for your creatures. Normally I tend to keep 4-6 cards in my hand and use my mana to tutor for rebels or recast Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero so I don't need Jayemdae Tome, Armistice or Slate of Ancestry. Especially the later I think is not a good option with rebels. If you have enough rebels on the field you normally search for Mirror Entity and attack with your army.
- Light of Day synergices very well with Scuttlemutt and Distorting Lens so I will try it out.
- Cataclysm: Great suggestion and I will try to get one ;-)
- Fated Retribution is not the only instant wrath in white. There is also Rout. And I think if I add Cataclysm I am fine with wrath effects.
- Catastrophe and Armageddon are good option, but as I mostly play casual I leave them out.
- Cessation is better than Pacifism but at the moment Pacifism is only a placeholder and will get out of the deck. Presumable for an other suggestion form you.
- My playgroup mostly plays with older cards and so we decided to ban all planeswalkers. So Elspeth Tirel and Gideon of the Trials are out for me.
- Angel's Trumpet is a good card but not in my build, I think it is possibly in rebels but you have to build the deck differently.
- The runes cycle: Great suggestion. As rebels have already good answers against red and black I will try to find room for the three other runes.
- Icatian Store: I don't like the old storage land and I think that Fountain of Cho is strictly better. But normally I need my mana every turn and not a lot of mana in one turn. The only exception is Mirror Entity so I think I don't need it. But maybe I will try it out some day.
- Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon": For mone white Benalish Marshal is better and I will get one for this deck.
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite is great but to expensive (money) for me.
- Pariah and Pariah's Shield: I think you are right and the runes are better suited for the deck.
So thanks again for your comment and now I have the problem to find cards to take out for your suggestions ;-)
3 months ago
Continuing from before...
- I like your choice of Wraths. If you're reconsidering, think about Cataclysm -- one of the strongest of them all, and from Exodus! -- or the game's only instant-speed Wrath, Fated Retribution. Also consider Catastrophe or Armageddon to knock out enemy lands, once you've got a good board state or you think there's a Genesis Wave coming. (12 lands is the magic number.) Land destruction is dishonorable, but Zacama's more dishonorable than that; I'm trying to teach myself that if the card isn't banned, it's not dishonorable enough to not use.
- Cessation is a lot harder to kill than Pacifism.
- If you're willing to use planeswalkers, Elspeth Tirel is a reusable Wrath/Disk; the other two Elspeths give you chump-attackers for Sword of the Animist. Gideon of the Trials gives you a Gideon Worship effect, and there are other playable Gideons. OTOH, planeswalkers aren't exactly Rebel-era cards -- I can understand not wanting to use them, and I think you can win without them.
- Angel's Trumpet is a crazy, game-warping card which... probably doesn't have a place here after all, since it creates a risk of the enemy killing your utility creatures. But it's worth knowing about, I think.
- Rune of Protection: Red and Rune of Protection: Green. Since you're mono-white, the W requirement isn't a drawback, and you can cycle them in the wildly unlikely event that you don't face any Gruul, Elementals, dinosaurs, or treefolk.
- Icatian Store is a mono-white storage land. I have no idea if storage lands are worth bothering with or not, but I'm kind of liking them so far.
- Zhuge Liang (Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon") is always useful in White Weenie. Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite is probably a stronger option, but I don't like Phyrexians on a Vorthos level; it's much more fun to run historical figures. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhuge_Liang)
- Pariah and Pariah's Shield have fun interactions with Cho-Manno, but probably aren't necessary if you're using a relevant Circle/Rune of Protection.
Regardless, great work so far! I found that a lot of the cards I was going to recommend were already in the deck; and I'm hanging on to this deck for future reference. If I ever build something similar, this will be the starting point!
3 months ago
Cartouche of Strength is better than at least one of your other auras. 6 damage to any creature is pretty huge, plus it gives needed trample.
No Sage's Reverie seems weird considering this deck has so few ways of drawing cards, plus it also makes Sigarda huge.
Leyline of Lifeforce seems very unnecessary when you have Cavern of Souls and could just Sylvan Scrying for that, considering you run exactly one creature in the 99.
Hunter's Insight might be reasonable here. You run Hunter's Prowess, but let's be honest, this deck doesn't seem to have a lot of avenues to produce card advantage. It's 2 mana less than Soul's Majesty, in any event.
I feel like Armageddon, Cataclysm, and Catastrophe could have opportunities here. Sigarda is hard to address, as is, but global effects still hit her, such as board wipes, mass exile, and mass bounce. These cards would make it substantially more difficult for your opponents to hit you with these cards, which are Sigarda's one weakness, while you beat them down.