Zetalpa, Primal Dawn
Legendary Creature — Dinosaur
Flying, double strike, vigilance, trample, indestructible
|Want (3)||BaconTrail , NMJohn , Cablead|
Printings View all
|Game Night 2019 (GN2)||Rare|
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Rare|
|Rivals of Ixalan (RIX)||Rare|
|Explorers of Ixalan (EO2)||None|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Zetalpa, Primal Dawn occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Zetalpa, Primal Dawn Discussion
2 weeks ago
I found these.
- Aegis Angel
- Angelic Guardian
- Angelic Overseer
- Deathless Angel
- Sephara, Sky's Blade
- Seraph of the Suns
- Stuffy Doll
- Bastion Protector
- Konda, Lord of Eiganjo
- Oketra the True
- Shielded by Faith
- Spirit Bonds
- Zetalpa, Primal Dawn
- Gideon Blackblade
- Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
- Gideon, Champion of Justice
2 weeks ago
Indestructible definitely will be important:
Avacyn, Angel of Hope, Darksteel Plate, Hammer of Nazahn and Shield of Kaldra are good choices for that. To find these equipments, how about Open the Armory and Steelshaper's Gift? Maybe also Stoneforge Mystic?
Man, this deck might get expensive...
Oh yeah: Zetalpa, Primal Dawn
4 weeks ago
I find it interesting that you have so many low mana cost creatures here as I tend to think of eggs as a way to cheat out big creatures like Zacama, Primal Calamity fast. Worldspine Wurm is great in this kind of deck since even if it dies you can hatch it out of your eggs again and again and Giant Adephage can get out of control quickly. Zetalpa, Primal Dawn, Void Winnower, and Sunscorch Regent are also a lot of fun to cheat out.
I would also say you need more sac outlets like Goblin Bombardment, High Market and Altar of Dementia. Mosswort Bridge can be another way to cheat out big spells. I highly recommend tapping into your inner Timmy and just filling this deck with all the fatties you're too worried about the mana cost of to put in other decks.
1 month ago
Karametra is a good "beginner" one as she is extremely simple and straight forward. She's also fairly cheap as your deck wants to run basics.
Build around flicker effects and landfall. This will enable you to flash in and out multiple creatures, thus acquiring multiple lands per turn. Then, your landfall triggers over and over which gives you great value.
You'll also want to run God-Eternal Oketra for extra value, as well as a light Soul Sisters build to maintain high levels of life.
For wincons, since you have the mana available to you, go for things like Craterhoof Behemoth , Zetalpa, Primal Dawn and Martial Coup as a wrath that you recover from. Hydra Broodmaster is a wonderful manasink for this type of deck.
You may be tempted into a Genesis Wave . Don't. If you bring out 25 permanents and 1/2 are creatures, then you are hit with a wrath, you just spent 28 mana on nothing.
You can use Aetherflux Reservoir but I don't recommend it. Yes taking someone out instantly is amazing, but you also deal effectively 50 damage to yourself. Going from 64 to 14 is a terrible idea so I never suggest it, but it's an option others will throw out there.
1 month ago
Honestly, if you want to play Soulflayer you should probably be playing golgari, you need to have a high enough density of self mill, and in this deck, I'm not seeing it. Also, you need to be playing Zetalpa, Primal Dawn it is by far the best keyword enabler we have in Pioneer, and it would be a mistake not to play it.
2 months ago
I'm thinking of challenging myself to build a mono-white EDH deck that can at least hold it's own. Doesn't need to be "competitive" in terms of cEDH, but I'd like to be able to hold against numerous opponents.
Haven't settled on a Commander or a theme yet, but I am looking into win conditions to actually close out the game. I'm thinking with enough prisons and such, I can kind of just bide my time. Between wraths, targeted exile, prisons and lifegain I think I can last long enough to play it out.
The win conditions that are reliable enough to make an impression that I know of are the following:
- Zetalpa, Primal Dawn + Grafted Exoskeleton = 1 hit kill
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite + Kormus Bell + Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth = All lands are 1/1 creatures, and all creatures my opponents control get -2/-2. Ergo, nobody gets lands but me
- Test of Endurance / Felidar Sovereign + Teferi's Protection = Hit the life total requirement and phase out so nobody can interfere with me. 100% surefire win upon phasing back in
- God-Eternal Oketra + flickering creatures = Giant boardstate. Isn't a win condition, but sets you up to win
Are there other good ones?
No, I will not be running Aetherflux Reservoir . I personally am of the opinion that it is a terrible "win condition". That's a topic for another day, so let's not discuss it here, okay? I may consider it as a lifegain enabler, but I will not consider it as a win condition.
Also, I'd love to hear some ideas on who would be a good Commander. Should I just choose Oketra / Zetalpa / Norn just so I always have access to them, or should I go for someone cheaper or perhaps better in terms of protecting what I have, such as Avacyn, Angel of Hope ? I know white is very has no ramp outside of generic stones like Sol Ring and Mana Vault , but if I go the route of enchantments / prisons then I at least have access to Serra's Sanctum . That with Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx could be very beneficial.
So to reiterate, this thread is to discuss WIN CONDITIONS in mono-white, but if you have a decent suggestion on who should be at the forefront of the deck, feel free to share that as well.
2 months ago
What I am seeing is that you have a lot of solid cards that are great in a vacuum, but not a whole lot of cards that actually work well with one-another. In others words you don't just lack combo, you also lack synergy. The issue with a deck like this is that you may be casting spells and expanding your boardstate every turn, but you aren't doing anything impactful to the game.
- You may feel like you are going off, but really you are just playing random cards.
What you lack, overall, are bombs. You need cards that immediately threaten the presence of the game such as Craterhoof Behemoth .
However, your Commander is Captain Sisay , so I am going to suggest specifically Legendary spells. This in turn gives you synergy between your Commander and the rest of your board.
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope ; A strictly better version of Zetalpa, Primal Dawn
- Bow of Nylea : Increases the danger of attacking into you. Trust me, when players see this thing on the field, it immediately halts aggression
- Dosan the Falling Leaf : Stops blue decks in their tracks
- Ghalta, Primal Hunger : Toward the end of the game, this is effectively a 1-2 turn clock. What I mean is, if you play Ghalta after a wrath, he will take down an opponent typically in 1 or 2 attacks. If you play him before a wrath, you threaten entire boardstates as players will need to double and even triple block to absorb the damage. And if he gets countered, so what? You only paid for him, anyway. At least, in most cases
- God-Eternal Oketra : You are running a lot of creatures. This should be main-boarded with no exceptions
- Karametra, God of Harvests : She allows you to ramp by playing creatures. The hidden power of Karametra is that by taking lands directly from your deck, you thin your deck down. This in turn increases the probability of drawing into powerful cards sooner rather than later
- Konda, Lord of Eiganjo : Effectively an 8/8 you can swing with and block with every turn. Just this alone makes opponents rethink attacks because they know they will lose at least one thing. This means they must attack with two creatures, knowing at least one will die
- Linvala, Keeper of Silence : Snuffs out creature-focused combo decks
- Odric, Lunarch Marshal : Overall a powerful synergy piece once your boardstate is robust enough
- Parhelion II : Solid boardstate generator
- Shalai, Voice of Plenty : Stops a lot of midrange decks
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger : Gross
- Yeva, Nature's Herald : Play in response to actions. Give your opponents the least amount of time to react to your spells
- Zetalpa, Primal Dawn : Deadly beater
3 months ago
Inventors' Fair is anothe good land you could use. Also grab an Ancient Den and Darksteel Citadel as well to maximize artifact synergies. Refurbish , Emeria, The Sky Ruin , and Open the Vaults can also let you get things out of your graveyard.
Reya is probably too expensive.
Cut Heavenly Blademaster, you don't have enough creatures to take advantage of her.
Kemba, Kha Regent would be a more appropriate one because she generates tokens as blockers and swarmers if neede.
I'm not huge on Nahiri, the Lithomancer . 5 mana to not really get a lot done but make a 1/1 and equip it once. Similarly, Ajani Goldmane doesn't seem to do a lot in your deck. I think walkers like Ugin, the Ineffable and Elspeth, Sun's Champion might just straight up be better fits. You want to capitalize on that artifact synergy.
If you absolutely need something expensive and threatening, Zetalpa, Primal Dawn or Heliod, God of the Sun are good options with baked-in indestructible.
Land Tax and Smothering Tithe may also be very big includes. The second generates artifacts for anything that needs them as well as makes lots of mana or slows your opponents down considerably. Both are good for you.
Finally, you have some fun infinite mana generation in there but... what does it do? You've got no real payoff for abusing Basalt Monolith. There's no way to chain or bounce things, no aetherflux resrvoir, etc. Maybe instead of Doubling Cube , you run more linear ramp like Sword of the Animist , Explorer's Scope , or Land Tax