|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Champions of Kamigawa (CHK)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Tenza, Godo's Maul
Legendary Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/+1. As long as it's legendary, it gets an additional +2/+2. As long as it's red, it has trample.
Equip (1) ((1): Attach to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery.)
Tenza, Godo's Maul Discussion
1 month ago
You might appreciate Dolmen Gate as another way to have Marton (and everyone else) attack turn after turn without worry. There's also the option of just giving him something like Tenza, Godo's Maul and swinging with a 4/4 trampler. There's also Tears of Rage if you essentially want to double up on his mass-pumping ability!
1 month ago
1 month ago
Also find Tenza, Godo's Maul really good for Kaalia. Makes her a lot less squishy
2 months ago
Hey so I am somewhat of a Boros expert myself with Aurelia being my main. Ive played your decklist 3 or 4 times and i have some questions. First one is, why run cataclysm and jokulhaups over something like Armageddon , Ravages of War , and Boom/bust? These help lockout the game when you're ahead, Cat and Jok only help when you're behind and are unplayable when you're ahead. I guess i just don't see the situation where you would want them. Next I really think you need to be running Smothering Tithe I was staring at Wheel and Idyllic tutor in my hand and I knew that would have been lethal on someone if it were in there. I also feel like without smothering tithe there weren't really good targets for idyllic tutor (outpost siege was already in play at that moment in time). Fiery confluence really has done much for me either, I replaced with Chaos warp. There were some other removal card choices that seemed odd as well, like Orim's chant. I am personally a wear/tear crush contraband, and return to dust fan if you're going to be spending that much mana. However certain metas do require things like Crush and Smelt . Also the land count seems light for the hedge mage. Ive had some inconsistent starts because of that. So yeah for me personally, I've noticed some issue in actually closing the game out and being able to stop opponents. Have you run into similar issues? What type of decks do you run against typically, since I know that can make a big different. I would guess at least some blue combo stuff with the REB and PBlast and the matrix. Rule of Law seems like it could be a strong addition especially if you are facing combo. I feel like some evasion equipments could also be really good something like a Tenza, Godo's Maul , Trailblazer's Boots or even Cobbled Wings . Anyway I wanted to get some insight on some of these thing. I am slowly working on my own list as my old one is quite outdated. But the idea is to lock up the game with land destruction, winter orb, or possibility storm.
3 months ago
- Nyxborn Shieldmate for Boros Reckoner both better creatures and reckoner works amazing with lightmines if u decide to add it
- Palace Guard for Archetype of Aggression
- Darksteel Plate for Whispersilk Cloak since your guys are invincible anyways. this also deters them from being targeted.. boardwipes will still work though.
- Stoneforge Masterwork for Tenza, Godo's Maul if up u this on ur commander hes a 10/7 menance with trample, seems like a better piece
- Armory of Iroas - Sunforger costs a few more mana but u have alot of tricks u can pull out of it for free late game
- Staff of Nin for Mind's Eye
- Avacyn's Collar for Spear of Heliod upgrades all ur doods and makes people scared to attack you
- Manalith for Commander's Sphere an upgrade
- Act of Treason for Faithless Looting card draw with flashback seems always good
- Mass Mutiny - Mob Rule seems like an upgrade
- Miraculous Recovery - Settle the Wreckage amazing board wipe, can really put you ahead. if not interested in a board wipe id suggest maybe a single target removal like Chaos Warp . i feel like you need ways to deal with high pressure threats
- Pay No Heed - Deflecting Palm
- Righteousness for Fight to the Death i know these two cards arent related, but how hilarious would it be to cast this when someone else is combating another player, basically can wipe two players boards if timed proper. if u would prefer to keep a combat trick here i would suggest maybe Gods Willing or something that does not require the creature to be blocking
- Smite - Ride Down
- Warleader's Helix - Savage Beating or Ajani Vengeant i feel helix doesnt provide enough value, for removal it is very weak , if u want good removal to replace this instead of a threats i listed, i would consider Oblivion Ring type cards
- Martial Glory - Boros Charm charm is must include, so much value! protect from boardwipes including land destruction! removal or maybe boost ur commander after blocks with a double strike if some1 is already been hit once and hello 21 commander dmg
8 months ago
cards to remove (They either have no synergy or are kinda bad): Fleshbag Marauder, Resolute Archangel, Impale (replace with Hero's Downfall), Mind Rot, Repeating Barrage, Diabolic Edict (Replace with Doom Blade), Smelt (replace with Vandalblast), Pillar of Origins, and Arcane Encyclopedia.
Cards to Add: Mardu Banner, Rakdos Signet, Orzhov Signet, Boros Signet, Darksteel Plate, Whispersilk Cloak, Sigarda's Aid, Open the Armory, Chandra's Ignition, Darksteel Ingot, Fellwar Stone, Commander's Sphere, Command Tower, Tenza, Godo's Maul, Sunforger, Swords to Plowshares, Boros Charm, Crackling Doom, Mortify, Archetype of Aggression. I would also replace some basic lands with duals (http://www.mtglands.com/). Check EDHREC (https://edhrec.com/commanders/zurgo-helmsmasher) for more ideas.
8 months ago
Could the planeswalker be a different weapon? The idea of a powerful being (planeswalker) inhabiting a weapon would work very well in Kamigawa. I also don't know much of the story behind Umezawa's Jitte. A quick search comes up with Tenza, Godo's Maul, Tatsumasa, the Dragon's Fang (which kind of has this idea), Oathkeeper, Takeno's Daisho, and Konda's Banner for legendary equipment from Kamigawa. Or have it be some other weapon--some type of non-sword weapon, like a bow or spear, might be interesting. Just tossing out ideas.
10 months ago
Tenza, Godo's Maul occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%