Please login to comment
December 11, 2019 2:39 p.m.
- I usually build modern. Was woundering on peoples thoughts on this deck.
December 11, 2019 2:36 p.m.
- mono red is cheaper to build
- RB is more powerful and allows for stronger cards
December 9, 2019 10:19 p.m.
- 14 lands is especially low street wraiths seem like an interesting idea, however he doesnt have much protecting his life total, and isnt the fastest deck. Pumping out 1/1 for free is sweet but when the aggro deck is forced to hold and block it hurts. It punishes street wraiths hard
December 9, 2019 3:38 p.m.
- Jund is amazing in every way except for you wallet. That is the worst part of jund. Discard spells impower your Tarmogoyf so running those is super important. Enough to want more Thoughtseize
- Dark Confidant is really good. It helps fight back the down side of discard cards. would recommand, and its early black devotion. Even when we take 5 on Gary when we cast him we heal so there is up side. Getting closer to our win con is always better. We dont need 20 life to win only 1.
- Scavenging Ooze is pretty powerful, you do have rest in peace in the SB but its still worth considering.
- Plague Engineer can help as well. Id play only one though. I see some decks play Murderous Rider as well as a one of.
- Collective Brutality is a very powerful card. I have been on the receiving end many times and lost because of the value this card gets you.
- I would recommend more removal. Espically at least 1x Abrupt Decay and one more Assassin's Trophy . Id be even more comfortable playing 2 more Fatal Push .
- The Reasons for blue: oko,3/3 elks, oko, and filtering with Snap caster. Unless you fight a lot of burn dont go blue.
- Reasons for red: Bolt is Life (cheap removal), Blood braid value (remember she was banned for some time), and wrenn and six. Jund is much more powerful than this build. That being said its not the archtype, and its wayyyyy more spendy.
- For land you want at least to "horizon lands" such as Nurturing Peatland and fast lands such as Blooming Marsh . Field of Ruin can also really help.
- Kitchen Finks is a great SB card and so is Fulminator Mage . Most play Nihil Spellbomb but you have white so you dont need this. By adding all this removal you wont need Damnation in your SB.
- Not a big fan of Mishra's Bauble or Grim Flayer . 10 Fetches is also a little high i would consider cutting down on those. To 6 or 8.
- You are abzan so i will say Worship is a card Giver of Runes Path to Exile and Angel's Grace are cards. As well as Siege Rhino . White also gets you Vizier of Remedies + Devoted Druid for infinite mana. - Tireless Tracker is also a good card draw engine although its not black.
- Other cards to consider Postmortem Lunge Eladamri's Call Finale of Devastation Sin Collector Eidolon of Rhetoric and Collector Ouphe
December 5, 2019 11:06 p.m.
- When you run a combo deck you want to change as little as possiable, so id probably add more token generators like Raise the Alarm and just out value them. I think you have all the red token generators but im not sure. Id maybe have blood moon to slow them down but it needs to hurt you less than it hurts them, you don't want to durdle to much.
- Another way to go about it is Fires of Invention and cast him for free.
December 3, 2019 12:14 p.m.
- I get that idea, and have always loved decks that can do that. The problem is then that you just become a weak aggro deck. Your deck is built to race.
- When against control you can just hold and beat them slowly while you threaten to drop a big guy down. It forces them to hold up mana, making them even less effective. When they do deal with them you its an oppunity for you to go off being they had to commit. Then you slam them down.
- In terms of removal your one card creates 2 creatures, so they more than likely need 2 removal spells. which is card advantage. You might be able to win that way.
December 3, 2019 11:56 a.m.
December 3, 2019 11:50 a.m.
- Vexing devil is amazing turn 1, turn 2 its ok, turn there is a bad card beacuse its easy to deal with at that point.
- Koth is powerful but its a turn 4 card that doesnt nessicarily win you the game. Which is usually the power of a 4 drop needs to be.
- Boros charm is great in burn and im not sure if it has a home else were. the double strike is nice, but when they have to sac 6 things their board is to dead to do anything.
December 3, 2019 11:43 a.m.
- That could help sign in blood is the same thing for 2 black and 2 life. It keep your power on board and draws you cards. Mox opal is also a card for 0 mana that taps for mana
December 3, 2019 11:20 a.m.
- I like the lazotep PLating. Simic Keyrune is cmc3 for my token then i have to pay to make it a creature, then i have to cast polymorph. It also weakens Creativity which i do not like.
- Thraben Inspector is a whiff card for both my win cons so i dont like it.
- Another though i have had is to make it into a battle hymn sort of deck, where i use spells to to make goblins or something, then use battle him to have several targets for Indomitable Creativity making the deck slower but more resilliant, and could have a back up plan with tokens (or a banefire plan).
December 3, 2019 11:17 a.m.
- I am building a similar deck and one thing i find important is getting through disruption. against decks with heavy amounts of Removal like burn, they just wait with open mana, being they are instant speed and you are sorcery speed. so you either need counter magic or need a lot of mana and multiple targets.
December 3, 2019 11:13 a.m.
- skull clamp is banned in modern. Its a powerful card.
- The reason you need card draw is so you are less likely to whiff, and can get more power on the board.
December 3, 2019 11:10 a.m.
- If you can get chalice on 1 its not bad. The goal of Cheeiros is usually to just one shot your oppunet and turn through your deck. You need a card draw engine to get there.
December 2, 2019 2:38 p.m.
- there are several ways to go about this. I prefer the dont touch me method Merica' Enchant. By using cards that tax my enemy(s) to attack me I can successfully stall into the late game and never worry about my life total. Once i get there i use value town to win the game.
- Your method is much more of the "bogles" method. Utilize creatures like Gladecover Scout and Slippery Bogle to a good creature to pump up. It has hexproof so removing them are hard. These cares a like 1$ a copy roughly. Kor Spiritdancer is really good as well but more spendy. As for budget enchantments I would use 4x Ethereal Armor 2x Gryff's Boon 3-4x Hyena Umbra 4x Spider Umbra 2x Spirit Mantle . If you want to spend more money get Rancor and keep the Daybreak Coronet. If you go thsi rout i recommend 26 enchantments roughtly and about 13 creatures. Dryad Arbor is an interesting creature to look at (dont run more than 1 or 2 being its also easy to kill, and its a land). Path to exil is the best removal in the game in your colors. Id run 2 to help deal with probelmatic cards your friends might be playing. Leyline of Sanctity can also help you out if they have target player spells.
- Either way you go lands help so much. Espically when they tap for 2 colors and dont enter tapped. It helps smooth things so much. Temple Garden are a good investment and so is Razorverge Thicket . If you really want to get fancy Horizon Canopy are also really sweet. If you end up with the boggles rout youll need about 19 lands total. If you for bigger and better spells, Then its not as clean cut id have to look at your spell curve, I am gonna guess itd be 22-24 lands.
- If you want more feed back let me know. If you need help with other decks let me know as well.
- Also being you are considering Spirit mantel. Its gives it hex proof from creatures, and cannot be blocked from creatures as well. It also prevents all damage from creatures so it really helps.
December 2, 2019 2:19 p.m.
- So for longer grinderier games I have counter magic, and its a combo deck it needs to go fast. I'm never hard casting any of the creatures so id rather have Iona, Shield of Emeria . Plays like that seem to me as more of a SB plan.
- I have 5 copies of my combo card, which is cheaper than through the breach so I'd rather just have more of those. It also makes it so I dont have to have my 1 of in hand.
- Any thoughts on slight of hand, fact or fiction, metamorphos?
December 1, 2019 9:51 p.m.
November 29, 2019 2:30 p.m.
- Ok so for starters your SB (sideboard) is for games after the 1st game, you want cards that help you solve problems in the match up you are against. For example Crypt Incursion is good against decks that want creatures in their graveyard.
- Shelldock Isle is an amazing card
- Fatal Push push is great when you have cards like Arid Mesa . Its one mana kill a dude. In more causel games it doesn't solve with big dudes. Murder is a card I use a lot in casual play just due to the fact it kills anything. Doom Blade is also good, as well as Hero's Downfall . - Visions of Beyond is a 4 of in every competitive mill deck. However, those decks are a lot faster. 1 mana draw a card is like a worse version of blue. If you have issues getting that card's up side cut it for opt.
- Ashiok, Dream Render helps you mill faster so i might consider putting 2 in the main deck.
- Unmoored Ego its a nice card, My only probelm with it is you want them to just deck themselves. Thats 3 mana 4 cards at best. Its not very effective. Mind Funeral mills more, plus its 4 less lands so they wont be able to get land drops as easily which makes casting spells harder.
- Wall of Lost Thoughts helps keep you alive which is always nice.
- Manic Scribe is a great card as well.
- Being its casuel this card is soooooo tilting Consuming Aberration Its so much fun I might even consider running 3. You are a 22-24 land deck which means you should be able to cast it often enough, and when you do it can be game winning.
- Sphinx's Tutelage can also help your deck.
- Traumatize is funny as well. There is a fish that does the same thing i cant rememebr its name.
- Increasing Confusion Reoccurring Nightmare are also fun.
- Another way to approach this deck is cards like Trepanation Blade + Tormented Soul and Paranoid Delusions and Whispering Madness . It can be a fun deck to play with.
November 29, 2019 2:29 p.m.
- All of the above suggestions I agree with.
- I would also say that you are trying to cast big 4 mana/ 5 mana spells so youll need more ramp to do that. I have a mono green version simular to your deck. Mono Green Control!?!. I am running an extra mana dork which can really be helpful. You have a lot of double green spells.
- As for the maybe board Vivien Reid isnt gonna dig for the spells you want it finds creatures I wouldnt put it in. Nissa, Vital Force makes you commit more to green being you will have so many doubel green spells. If you are going to add a Nissa i would add Nissa, Who Shakes the World . If you are playing a lot of infect Melira, Sylvok Outcast might help you out but its a SB card at best. Spellskite is a soild SB card against burn. Plow Under is double green, but you in a way get to Time Walk . They have to redraw cards they have already played, and are cut off mana giving you ad advantage. It helps the most when you are in the lead, when behind it is not a great play. Kessig Wolf Run might be a "win more card" its fine when you have no cards in hand, but i dont forsee that happening being you have big spells, so youll only really cast 1 spell a turn. Surgical Extraction helps with graveyard decks 2x SB is where I would put it if you fight those decks.
November 29, 2019 2:11 p.m.
- Fortunately for you I build a lot of tribal decks (im going through the alphabet for each tribe). Beast Tribal
- It has its basically all creatures and land in this case. The maybe board is cards I would consider. I used humans as a template this deck might need some tuning but it could help you on your journey.
November 29, 2019 1:58 p.m.
SCORE: 4 | 12 COMMENTS | 188 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
45 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
SCORE: 2 | 65 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
SCORE: 1 | 86 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
253 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
SCORE 0 | COMMENTS 0 | VIEWS 15
|Avg. deck rating||2.60|
|Good Card Suggestions||18|
|Last activity||3 days|