|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Rare|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Mythic Rare|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Mythic Rare|
|Conflux (CON)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Legendary Creature — Demon Dragon
When Malfegor enters the battlefield, discard your hand. Each opponent sacrifices a creature for each card discarded this way.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (18)||johnsongrantr , LeroyJones , LaKU , Boza , Shiromakuro , Ashy , Vergil_Redgrail , bakunet , Reliva , PhotogenicParasympathetic , dizzierabit , brentkc49 , jstn.mrrtt , chrishuffman95 , Epidilius , Harashiohorn , mziter501 , silvereh|
|Want (10)||mercury19 , Ariumlegion , MADMatt7777 , ElCamino , darthnuchi , Poggy , VampSlayer , arvindrad92 , kovellen , LagAngel|
3 weeks ago
Thanks dbpunk for the great suggestions! I switched Nihilistic Glee in and cut Mastermind's Acquisition out for now. I don't see any use for Body Snatcher for this deck since I don't play high-CMC-creatures and the card itself brings nothing to the table. But maybe I'm missing some aspect of the card. Brink of Madness is an awesome card for 1vs1-games but since I'm playing 3+ opponents I'm not going to include it. I put it to the Maybeboard though. Demonic Collusion looks like a decent card but the high CMC is quite a letdown since mostly you need to wait for another turn to get the use of it meaning you are going to miss on the hellbent-effects. Furthermore cards like Avaricious Dragon reduce its worth. Malfegor looks decent but not quite good enough since at the time you can afford it your hard will contain maybe 1-2 cards left. Sire Of Insanity needs a spot in this deck but I don't quite know what to cut out for it. Anyway thanks a lot for the great ideas!
3 weeks ago
Have you considered:
1 month ago
This is kind of a pet design of mine that I've redone repeatedly.
Elspeth, the Returned
Legendary Creature - Zombie Soldier
Other Zombies you control get +1/+0 and have deathtouch.
Other Soldiers you control get +0/+1 and have vigilance.
, exile target creature card from a graveyard: Create a 1/1 black and white Zombie Soldier creature token.
We have Malfegor, a Demon Dragon. My challenge is to create an Angel Dragon.
3 months ago
Wow, your list is excellent! Semblance anvil is so much better than my Fluctuator + cycling creatures setup.
I didn't think of sacrificing Garna before the ability triggers, awesome!
What would you put in a Doomsday pile? I feel it might hurt more than it helps, but maybe I'm not seeing it... I'm also not sure if Hivestone is worth the slot, as it's dead-on-board without Basal Sliver which is good on its own, but I didn't see them when I was goldfishing...
I would also put a bit more land, as I wasn't finding them as much as I'd like when goldfishing and this deck is pretty explosive when it starts off fast. I think Malfegor, Rakdos, Lord of Riots and razaketh, the foulblooded are a bit too mana intensive considering how fast the deck could be, but I guess if you're looping they're quite good especially razaketh. Blood Pet might help you go off earlier?
What changes would you make if you wanted to make a 100-200$ budget version?
Stoked to see someone else interested in Garna!! Please keep me posted :)
3 months ago
A nice attempt at building a Rakdos colored deck, but unfortunately Rakdos does not fit as the commander. Usually Rakdos, Lord of Riots is about dealing decent amounts of damage through instants and sorceries in order to drop giant colorless creatures (usually Eldrazis) for cheap or free. If you want to go that route, Most of the deck would have to be scrapped in order to pursue that strategy.
However, since I imagine this is more of a deck that you put together with cards you had lying around, it might be better to simply change the commander to someone that fits the deck a bit better. From what I can see, the cards that you have seem to be centered around a lot of small guys that either rush down your opponent or sit back and lob damage with abilities. Since your opponents will probably be able to kill off a decent amount of these little guys, you might want to consider Tymaret, the Murder King or Lyzolda, the Blood Witch so that you can get sac them before they die otherwise to get more value.
With this change, you could definitely put Rakdos, Lord of Riots in the deck so that you still have that massive 6/6 in your deck and I would also recommend Malfegor for another big guy with a psuedo board clear. Then, I would recommend putting in a lot of cards that come back like Reassembling Skeleton, Bloodsoaked Champion, and Tenacious Dead as well as any cards you can find with Undying or Persist.
There are a lot more potential cards that could make the deck better that I can't type them all out, but I would recommend looking at EDHREC's website for the commander you chose for some inspiration. I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck!
5 months ago
Sorry for taking so long to respond, I haven't checked back on here for a bit.
Barsan I mainly didn't include the tempt cards because my playgroup has become pretty stingy with them, so they never accept any of the offerings. I do like Tempt with Reflections a lot, but Tempt with Vengeance tends to cause a board stalemate and Tempt with Immortality tends to cause one of my opponents to get one of their game-ending creatures back.
Coward_Token Sygg, River Cutthroat is a great idea! My only concern is that it becomes fairly obvious what I am trying to do, since my main goal with this deck is to cause people to lose life while looking as unassuming as possible. The same goes for Bloodchief Ascension but to a higher degree. I like Curtains' Call a lot actually, and I might just replace Deadly Designs with it as Deadly Designs never seems to work well, however Force of Will is far, far outside of my budget range.
Chill_Casual I like where you are going with this! I personally like to keep Browbeat because it's more of a political card than anything; my opponents can choose to let me draw cards which makes the card draw a bit less intimidating, but evoke cards are definitely great with Vial Smasher. Smoke would be too annoying of a card for a deck like this, since it inhibits every player so they'd want to target/kill me to get rid of it. I've been trying to get my hands on a Blasphemous Act since it's obviously great in this deck, so thanks for the suggestions!
5 months ago
5 months ago
Hey, I've never piloted a Kaalia deck, I have only played against her and from my experience, she gets the attention on the table most of the times and for good reason. People really know Kaalia. So I think that playing her has some key elements that could be improved.
Get her out fast fast fast.
In order to do that I'd replace these with basics and boost your speed since you're playing all those fetchlands.
- Akoum Refuge: ETB tapped, no good here.
- Vivid Meadow, Forgotten Cave, Boros Garrison, Orzhov Basilica, Rakdos Carnarium: See above.
- Molten Slagheap: Too slow.
- Transguild Promenade: Just plain awful. Don't let this one fool you with it's "mana of any color", it's still awful.
- Opal Palace: You don't need the color fixing and the bonus counter won't do much difference as Kaalia's blows are not what you're aiming here.
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth needs it's best friend Cabal Coffers, otherwise a fetchable basic swamp will do fine. Or maybe a dual one like Canyon Slough or Smoldering Marsh, which sometimes enter untappped.
Land Tax when you replace all the above for basics.
- Talisman of Indulgence or Fellwar Stone, mana rocks for
Kaalia has been around long time so people know how dangerous she can be.
- Darksteel Plate could be useful, specially against wraths but it doesn't do much against bouncing or exiling, which is why Whispersilk Cloak could be a better alternative, and can help you avoid combat damage as well.
- Mother of Runes will give her protection in response to whatever spot removal targetting her.
- Grand Abolisher helps you avoid getting Kaalia countered.
If Kaalia has died several times, what now.
As you probably know, she will get focused and sometimes you just can't protect her enough. You need alternatives when this happens.
- Karmic Guide can reanimate anything and it's an angel. Works well with Reya Dawnbringer.
- Sneak Attack is expensive but great, consider it. If not, Quicksilver Amulet is good too.
- Phyrexian Reclamation works awesome with the card above.
- Chancellor of the Annex could be given a try to slow down your opponents while you cast your big creatures. Also, if it's on your initial hand, bye-bye turn 1 Sol Rings.
Other things I noticed
- You lack card drawing. It's essential to have angels / demons / dragons on your hand on each of your attack phases. Phyrexian Arena and Necropotence. Watch out for Emrakuls on your meta with the latter. Some wheels could prove useful refilling your hand, though Wheel of Fortune is expensive, Winds of Change, Magus of the Wheel, Wheel of Fate and Dragon Mage are good alternatives.
- On the same issue as above, Sire Of Insanity and Malfegor aren't helping you with that.
- You have access to the best colors for removal. Ditch Soul Snare and Angelic Edict for the more versatile ones Vindicate, Anguished Unmaking or Utter End. Even Chaos Warp is a better alternative than the two I mentioned. Instant speed removal is crucial.
- Same as above with sweepers. Wrath of God, Day of Judgment, Damnation are much better than Armageddon, because as it let's you a great advantage and all it also puts a huge target on your head, because you basically stop them from having fun at all. And in my experience, people tend to remember those who broke their lands, it's just the way it is. You don't need more hate, Kaalia will draw enough herself. On the borderline of this are Cataclysm and Rakdos the Defiler. The other Rakdos, Rakdos, Lord of Riots is a way better alternative. Imagine swinging with Kaalia, on her trigger putting RTR Rakdos, then on your second main you'll be able to cast a creature with it's cost reduced.
- You have 4 instants now (more coming in the future I hope) and 3 creatures with activated abilities requiring mana. Price of Glory punish your for using those. I know it will punish counterspells as well, but there are some alternatives for that that won't draw the hate on your head, as stated above.
- Lastly, I know I insisted a lot on avoid drawin unnecesary hate on you, but Ob Nixilis, Unshackled is another one to give some thought. People really love their ramping and tutoring. Though in this case I'm not saying you should remove him, just re-evaluate his inclusion.
I hope some of this suggestions help in any way.