All permanents are enchantments in addition to their other types.
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Enchanted Evening + Primeval Light
- Doubling Season + Enchanted Evening + Estrid, the Masked
- Enchanted Evening + Estrid, the Masked
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Enchanted Evening occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Enchanted Evening Discussion
2 days ago
Strangelove on Grand
1 month ago
I don't think this deck is focused yet. You're split between control, stax, taxes, and pillowfort and so there's a lot of anti-synergy; eg. Winter Orb and Wayfarer's Bauble or Approach of the Second Sun. If you want stax, you need more efficient cards. Stax sucks if you shut down the game with no advantage.
You need a wincon. I see a lot of "if then, then, then, then." How do you want to win? What does Enchanted Evening even do for you? Normally you combine this with Opalescence in an enchantress build to kill lands and end with enchantment creatures. All I see is Approach of the Second Sun and not enough draw.
Mana: 5 Ramp and 34 Lands is way too greedy if you want to run triple pips and cmc 5+.
Cool idea, but very difficult to make it run! Lmk if that makes sense to you and I'd be happy to help more.
1 month ago
Fun deck - I like my slivers chunky! Some quick thoughts/suggestions:
- What's your win-con if someone has something like a Crawlspace or Norn's Annex out? Ashnod's Altar + Sliver Queen already gives you infinite ETBs and LTBs, maybe add Impact Tremors/Bastion of Remembrance/etc as an alternative win-con :)
- It might be worth adding Phyrexian Altar alongside your Ashnod's Altar
- Anointed Procession gives you twice as many slivers to work with, meaning the ETB/LTB works with Phyrexian Altar as well as Ashnod's Altar - as well as many other cards
- Be very careful with Harmonic Sliver and infinite slivers - it's not a 'may'! It's fine if you stack your triggers so all of your slivers destroy the same artifact/enchantment, otherwise you might be forced to destroy your own stuff. (Alternatively, you could go super-mean and add a copy of Enchanted Evening alongside Harmonic Sliver to destroy all of your opponents permanents...)
- If you decide that you'd rather go down the non-infinite route, Vanquisher's Banner is a great card to make sure you're always drawing more gas! Cycling lands would also help that draw issue.
- Speaking of - the new triome cycle that is coming up in Ikoria (e.g Indatha Triome) will fit very nicely in your deck! They've also got all of the land types so can be fetched by more types of fetchland - not that you've got those in the deck :)
- Mind if I ask why Hive Stirrings is in the deck?
- FYI Quicksilver Amulet does the same as Belbe's Portal in this deck - though it costs more mana after the first activation :) Since you have Sliver Queen as your preferred 5-drop, it might be worth swapping the artifacts so that you have a 4-drop 'instant summoner' instead of a 5-drop. It also gives you plays even if you're stuck on 4 lands.
- I'm glad you haven't added Cathars' Crusade! It's a very powerful card for this type of deck, but I'll be the first to tell you that it's incredibly painful trying to keep track of all the +1/+1 counters.
You mentioned being unsure about the number of lands/mana rocks - most people operate on a '40 lands minus (number of rocks)/3' basis. Since you've got 7 forms of mana (I'm not counting Gilded Lotus since the top of your curve is 5 mana) this means 38 lands is probably about right. I've got a Narset deck with 36 lands, but that has 14 mana rocks! (Speaking of, Coalition Relic is a really great mana rock, especially when you need different colours of mana.)
(If you're really wanting to optimise your mana base, then it's worth thinking when you're likely to play certain cards. [T1->land, T2->land+rock] means that you'll have 4 mana to play with on T3 instead of the usual 3. If you have loads of 2CMC rocks then that means you'll probably want to have more 4CMC spells instead of 3CMC spells - but I don't think that level of mana optimisation is something you need to worry about in this deck or in casual EDH!)
I notice that you've not got any land-ramp in the deck even though you have green available. I'd really encourage you to add some cards like Cultivate and Kodama's Reach, since they also act like card draw as well as ramp, and mean you're much more likely to hit your 5 lands on T5. Also, people are much less likely to steal or destroy your lands than your artifacts, and using land-based ramp means you're in a much better situation to catch back up if someone Cyclonic Rifts the battlefield.
Hope that's given you some food for thought. Let me know if you want me to clarify any of the above!
1 month ago
1 month ago
Paeldroth, I took a look, thanks, very similar. I'm thinking Enchanted Evening, Aura Thief (they are nasty, especially with Calming Verse a couple of Tutors Three Dreams, Idyllic Tutor maybe Starfield Mystic, Swords to Plowshares and call it a day..
1 month ago
Tacovine, I see you're going Voltron. Mine too! Feel free to gander over mine and nab whatever adjustments you desire. https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tuvasas-gym-routine/
Something to consider is Enchanted Evening which is super cheap right now thanks to Mystery Boosters. I see it's on your Maybeboard. I'd include it, or buy it if you don't own it.
2 months ago
Hi hkhssweiss. First of all - nice deck! I love Tuvasa and this deck is really neat. I used to play her with a lot of combos (Academy Rector, Aura Thief, Enchanted Evening, .... Bant Enchantress Combo v2.1) but it wasn't fun for me. So I am switching to more Voltron style.
Have you considered for example Sigarda, Host of Herons as an alternative lieutenant? She may become a really big problem for your opponents. :-)
2 months ago
Here’s a thought. Once you’ve zur’d out all the auras you want on Zur and have your protection combo of rip and energy field in play Greater Auramancy and your Estrids invocation or Copy Enchantment copying the auramancy would keep your entire boardstate protected. A few more cards to think about which have insane synergy together are:
With solemnity our with Glen you have an infinite Negate. And with solemnity, the Spellduster and enchanted evening all out you can blow up anything on the board you don’t like. Repeatedly.