|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
All permanents are enchantments in addition to their other types.
Enchanted Evening Discussion
1 week ago
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Enchanted Evening will make permanents enchantments in addition to their other types. Starfield of Nyx will make all non-aura enchantments creatures with their power and toughness equal to their casting cost. If the card's original casting cost was zero, its power and toughness will be zero.
The permanents are not destroyed. They just move from the battlefield to the graveyard for having a toughness of zero. This is important since effects that trigger on destroy will not trigger.
On a side note, the transform lands (like Primal Wellspring ) from Ixalan will not be put to the graveyard as their cmc is the cmc of its front face.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Rhystic Study is already on my list, just gotta get my hands on one. I have been strongly considering Smothering Tithe , and it seems like it could get pretty insane with Enchanted Evening . I think I'll have to try it out at some point.
I love Steel of the Godhead in general and I've thought about putting it in, though I'm a bit hesitant since it's really only good on a couple of my creatures. I forgot about Shield of the Oversoul though, that seems like it could be a great addition with the creatures I've got.
Yeah, I've have not been very impressed with Estrid here at all. The only value I've gotten from her is untapping Tuvasa for blocking after an attack. There's definitely better cards to take her place.
I checked out your list - looks awesome! How do you like running just 33 lands?? I suppose you do run more of the land enchantments. I'd love it if I could get away with cutting a couple lands. I should probably get a couple fetches in there first though.. And how are you liking Search for Azcanta Flip in there?
1 month ago
Some suggestions for you! Although I don't run Smothering Tithe (yet!) they are all amazing The 4 drop land enchantments aren't as great as you may expect... Unless you're running Estrid as your commander. I found Estrid lackluster in the 99 w/o tutoring.
1 month ago
I've made a number of recent updates here.
- Hanna, Ship's Navigator - I've got a few other ways to recur enchantments, and she's just way to slow. I've never had her survive until my next turn to actually use her.
- Fountain Watch - I prefer Sterling Grove since I can sac it if I need to stick some auras on an enchantment creature.
- Ashes of the Abhorrent - not really relevant in my meta.
- Vanishing - I absolutely love this card and may end up putting it back in. But flickering ward has been doing way more work for me, and there's been a number of times where leaving up is a pain.
- Paradoxical Outcome - with so many draw engines already the card draw was irrelevant, and I've never actually been in a situation where I was able to use it to save some permanents. Also I have ways to get them back from the graveyard.
- Wilderness Reclamation - I added it when Sigarda's Aid was still in there, but I don't think either really add anything.
- Authority of the Consuls - I've found it to be very minimal benefit
- Dawn's Reflection - While a great EDH ramp card, I already have the exact same function in Market Festival , and it felt like I have enough ramp without it.
- Soul Snare - I kinda liked the idea of the threat on the battlefield for a similar effect to Ghostly Prison , but I think it's just too weak of a card.
- Yavimaya Enchantress - I cut this long ago and I'm not entirely sure why... but she's back in now.
- Enchanted Evening - Haven't had a chance to cast it yet, but I can see this doing some outrageous things here. Makes any permanent, including lands: trigger card draw from enchantresses, buf Yavimaya Enchantress / Ancestral Mask / Tuvasa the Sunlit . It also makes everything protected by Privileged Position .
- Mystic Remora - not gonna lie, I mainly added it because I love the art. But I think it can be a pretty powerful card here depending on the matchup. And the cumulative upkeep is essentially free in EDH.
- Privileged Position - I had this in here already at one point but cut it because of the high CMC. But I think I've got enough ramp at this point to make it well worth having.
- Blind Obedience - Not sure if this is a keeper yet, but there is a Breya combo deck in my local meta.
- Mirari's Wake - Ramp! This card is insane, not sure why I didn't have it in here from the start.
- Omniscience - Not sure if it's a keeper because of the super high CMC, but it does seem like pretty much a game ender as long as there's a card draw engine on the battlefield.
- Earthcraft + Squirrel Nest - I just couldn't help myself, I want infinite squirrels! Earthcraft is also relevant on it's own with all the land enchantments. I may end up cutting Squirrel Nest , as I'm not sure I like infinite combos in EDH, but that's not happening until I have a chance to use!
2 months ago
Dropped the black splash to go bant. I think this does a much better job taking advantage of Enchanted Evening this way.
Enchanted Evening occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%