|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Whenever a creature with power 4 or greater enters the battlefield, its controller draws a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Kavu Lair Discussion
5 days ago
For an example of a static ability, lets say Darkest Hour and Crovax, Ascendant Hero enter the battlefield at the same time, possibly as the result of a Genesis Wave. Crovax's ability immediately starts apply to himself (as he isn't white), making him a 3/3. There is no period of time in which he's a 4/4, so Kavu Lair would not trigger off him entering.
1 month ago
I am not sure what to cut for these suggestions. Pathbreaker Ibex Colossal Majesty Zendikar Resurgent Elemental Bond Kavu Lair Whisperwood Elemental Temur Sabertooth &Rowensince you are going all in on Forests.
2 months ago
Kavu Lair (I hate giving opponents cards), Wood Elves (love that you can use the forest immediately, and doesn't die as easily, but 1 mana is just better in my opinion), Sakura-Tribe Elder (for similar reasons!), Caldera Hellion (Useful, but 5 mana is a lot for a sweeper in comparison to Rolling Earthquake, Electrickery, Pyroclasm, or Sweltering Suns) would be my drops for the dorks.
6 months ago
Wurms are the best! I run a Saskia Wurms list. To maximize your wurms though, you need to majorly increase your ramp. Start with the usual suspects of Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Rampant Growth, Nature's Lore, Skyshroud Claim, Explosive Vegetation, and Ranger's Path. You're cmc is over 5 right now, so you want as much mana as possible!
I'd also add some more draw. Elemental Bond & Triumph of Ferocity should both draw you plenty of cards. Kavu Lair is another choice, and since it helps other people the table may be more likely to let it stick around. Its not my first choice, but Overwhelming Instinct is so wurm-flavor heavy that it should be considered for that art alone.
From your maybe like Lurking Predators is great, and Zendikar Resurgent will help a lot with mana and draw. I also like Evolutionary Leap for when board-wipes hit. But definitely start with more ramp!!
7 months ago
Okay so I can tell you're a relative novice, since most of the cards you use are recent, so here are my thoughts as a long-time player.
1) mana concerns. You have a LOT of dorks, but that's not exactly optimal. In commander, there tend to be a lot of board wipes (example: Wrath of God). This just throws your gameplan to the wind. Try some rocks and ramp. Sol Ring, Exploration, Burgeoning, Worn Powerstone, Hedron Archive, Cultivate, Traverse the Outlands, Skyshroud Claim, and Emerald Medallion are good examples.
2) flavor. Lots of big things, but not a lot of really good things. Wurmcoil Engine, Blightsteel Colossus, Archetype of Endurance provides some much-needed resistance to removal, Mossbridge Troll to just surprise kill an opponent, Siege Behemoth to power through chump-blocking, Steel Hellkite for removal, Thunderfoot Baloth, and if you want a little out-there synergy, Beacon Behemoth, Paleoloth, and Spearbreaker Behemoth are all pretty cool.
3) draw. Or lack thereof. All right there isn't that much to suggest here (it's green, for heaven's sake). But Soul of the Harvest, Zendikar Resurgent, Elemental Bond, maybe Kavu Lair: all good options. For some burst draw, it doesn't get much better than Soul's Majesty and Rishkar's Expertise. Others include Mouth / Feed and Shamanic Revelation.
So yeah, that's most of what I got, other than Prowling Serpopard. Against Todd's blue deck.
8 months ago
TheDeckMaker2300: I actually have a huge update coming to the deck next Friday. I'm adding 19 cards to the deck.
- Huatli, Radiant Champion: Flavor and she's my favorite planeswalker.
- Zetalpa, Primal Dawn: Zetalpa is a primal and is a must.
- Frilled Deathspitter: Deals 2 damage to the face.
- Ghalta, Primal Hunger: Ghalta is a primal and is a must.
- Etali, Primal Storm: Etali is a primal and is a must.
- Farseek: Not a RIX card, but I want to change around my ramp cards.
- Spoils of Victory: Not a RIX card, but I want to change around my ramp cards.
- Nature's Lore: Not a RIX card, but I want to change around my ramp cards.
- Kavu Lair: A cheaper Garruk's Packleader.
- Forerunner of the Empire: Enrage trigger and tutor.
- Polyraptor: A great enrage card.
- Pyrohemia: Enrage trigger.
- Siegehorn Ceratops: A 2 drop that gets huge fast.
- Zacama, Primal Calamity: A huge 9/9 with amazing abilities! A great commander too.
- Trapjaw Tyrant: Enrage creature that's removal.
- Wayward Swordtooth: A nice 5/5 that acts as mana ramp.
- Silverclad Ferocidons: A nice enrage creature that's removal.
- Raging Regisaur: A okay enrage enabler, but is a 4 drop.
- Knight of the Stampede: A huge reducer on a creature.
8 months ago
Let me lead here: I will not BEGIN to claim this is my best deck. This is a bundle of giant creatures I find interesting. As a matter of fact, if I'm in the 'big guys' sort of mood, I almost always go for my Animar deck. But there are a lot of creatures here with lots of power. Cliffrunner Behemoth, Elemental Bond/Kavu Lair, and Zendikar Resurgent are all fantastic picks. The deck as a whole is for 'stupid jank nights'. It's actually pretty competitive in that league.
9 months ago
All right, I have a couple concerns. Looks at my deck Yidris and his Sky Friends for more stuff.
1) one of the Kindred cycle?
2) literally no noncreature removal.
3) are the gods really necessary?
6) why not Ur as the commander, not his scion?
7) Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius, Numot, the Devastator, O-Kagachi, Vengeful Kami (though he's pretty cool), Ojutai, Soul of Winter, maybe Orator of Ojutai, and Thundermaw Hellkite are all subpar creatures, at least in this deck (or in general, depending).
8) your deck is very surprising; you aren't very proactive (not very active, in fact) in the early game. Then turn 5-7 you're like surprise! I have the biggest shit on the board. That's one of the things I love most about your deck, and you can capitalize on that by getting haste enablers. Dragonlord Kolaghan is a good one, though it physically hurts me to see a creature's ability go totally unused.