Prevent all damage that would be dealt this turn by creatures other than target creature.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Terrifying Presence Discussion
1 month ago
I love suggestions!
@DaringApprenticeI went Arcane mostly out of flavor, and because they're functional reprints of cards I'd already considered(Wear Away is essentially naturalize with a sometimes trigger for Arcane so why not). Return to Earth is amazing for it's utility to pop flying creatures though, I'll probably put that in.
Drumhunter is good, since the draw power is actually more important than mana. I'd never even seen Deglamer so that's going in too, thanks!
I considered Blanchwood Armor but I find in EDH putting it on the general triggers people to try and murder him, whereas Strength of Cedars can be played as a combat trick. I still like Blanchwood though, I might swap it for something else in the deck.
I like Gigantomancer, but in play-testing I found it got splatted every time it came out before it could be useful.
Yavimaya Enchantress is good, but I might take out both.
@Vortexflame: That's true, but Herald doesn't fit into my economy pricing(It's just a tad too expensive). Primal bellow's really nice though. Swapping it for Strength of Cedars because it's just cheaper and Daring is right that I lack arcane spells anyway.
1 month ago
Since you only have two creatures with defender, I might recommend replacing Axebane Guardian with Magus of the Library, Drumhunter, or Circle of Elders, since you seem to be running Humans in this deck. If you don't mind including other creature types, maybe try Llanowar Elves/Elvish Mystic or Llanowar Mentor?
3 months ago
8 months ago
@Aless55 Tangle is a great card, I'm just not sure I'll be able to run it without a paper printing at common. I like that Terrifying Presence might allow a blocking creature to deal damage, but I agree that in most situations a straight forward Fog would be just as good and certainly better if my opponent has managed to wipe my board.
Will try a few variations and see how it plays out. The few simulations I've run so far has been hit and miss on finding land so I may add another one. But Utopia Sprawl does let me play with finding fewer lands at least!
8 months ago
I liked Tangle because of its tap effect, instead of Terrifying Presence run Fog, less mana for a slightly better effect. Some other options are: Moment's Peace, Respite,Holy Day, Spore Frog, Angelsong, more of your Dawn Charm, Ethereal Haze or Moment of Silence.
I'm glad I could help and I'd like to hear the outcome of your playtesting and your placing at the pauper event! ~ Cheers
8 months ago
9 months ago
Looks like a fun deck, and congrats on being able to keep both the budget low and the average CMC relatively low for a Dragon deck!
A few quick thoughts:
- I'm not sure about the Heartwood Shard. If focused on just one creature, how about Ring of Kalonia for one creature at a time, or Nylea, God of the Hunt for an anthem.
- Likewise with Blunt the Assault. Just not sure the incidental lifegain is worth the extra mana compared to something like Spore Frog / Undergrowth for a pure fog, or Terrifying Presence / Winds of Qal Sisma for a more one-sided effect.
- I know lots of people love it, but Temple of the False God is just too inconsistent for my tastes ... I hate getting it early, and rarely need it late.
- It's pricey, but I really like Aggravated Assault with Atarka. Nothing like a little quadruple-strike to ruin someone's evening :-) It also combos nicely as + .
- In general, I like mana rocks more than mana dorks because they're more survivable (in my group anyways).