Creature — Dinosaur
Player's can't gain life.
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield, Rampaging Ferocidon deals 1 damage to that creature's controller
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Rampaging Ferocidon Discussion
2 hours ago
I was more suggesting going out of the Temur colors. I have been thinking about Naya Pummeler. This is this the deck I am currently brewing- NAYA Smash. I was working for the sideboard to be a swapout with maybe Solemnity in it to deal with the decks which will out value pummeler. So far the good cards I have found for this are: Huatli, Warrior Poet, Samut, Voice of Dissent and Rampaging Ferocidon. I am trying this because as Joke at FNM I was running Huatli, Warrior Poet and it allowed be to out value a Temur Energy deck. I think might work better than for the third color. Also who would expect a pummeler deck with maybe a hidden Approach of the Second Sun.
3 days ago
I wouldn't put it in the Mainboard, but it might be useful in the Sideboard.
Being able to block with it in the late game, and have it replace itself with something better, is also good.
5 days ago
clayperce Thank you for the shout out.
Jables1987 Welcome to magic. I'm still newish myself, so welcome welcome welcome. Your deck is actually pretty solid. I have a few thoughts here that may improve it, but it is not in a bad place at all! Kudos!
1) I would remove 3 Channeler Initiate and add 1 Drover of the Mighty and 1 Otepec Huntmaster. You don't need the extra ramp from Channeler Initiate, and Drover of the Mighty and Otepec Huntmaster synergize much better with your dinos. Also, add 1 Commune with Dinosaurs; the value of fixing your curve or fishing for a finisher is a great utility.
2) Personal preference: I would remove Unclaimed Territory and add two basic lands. You're only running two colors with the dual lands to support them. I personally prefer to have the mana colors I need without a limitation of what I can spend it on. With a full playset of Drover of the Mighty and Commune with Dinosaurs, I think the chances of you being starved for a specific color are pretty low. Again, just personal preference.
3) I thought about Glorybringer and Rhonas the Indomitable myself. They do have a home here with Glorybringer providing some removal and aerial coverage; and Rhonas the Indomitable providing trample (as well as its own sturdy 5/5 body). That said, I wouldn't run both. I'd remove either one of them to complete your play set of Regisaur Alpha. Regisaur Alpha is a much more potent threat, increases the tempo of your deck with dino-haste, and brings a 3/3 trample-saur with it. (NOTE: If you do keep Rhonas the Indomitable, see if you can work in Emergent Growth. Paired with Rhonas, it is a very potent combo. It kills up to 10 creatures blocking it and clears the way for your other attackers. But don't break your curve to play this combo.)
4) Sideboard: Sideboard for me is tough as well. You gotta think about what needs to come out and go in against certain match ups. That said, your sideboard looks pretty good. I would remove Lightning Strike since you're already running 7 removal spells Savage Stomp and Abrade mainboard. I like the 4th Abrade in the sideboard. With vampires, cats, and scarab decks going wide in the standard, I would recommend removing both Chandra's Defeat and maybe one Vance's Blasting Cannons Flip for 3 Rampaging Ferocidon. Your mainboard doesn't have much to deal with go-wide decks. Rampaging Ferocidon punishes those decks passively and doesn't interfere with your curve too badly. Scavenger Grounds is always a tough call for me. It's great against control decks, but with Deathgorge Scavenger in your main board, you might be able to free up these spots in your Sideboard. I think it comes down to personal preference.
5) Maybeboard: I would not run Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip or Slice in Twain. Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip doesn't help your curve. It would likely transform around turn 5; at which point, you either want to drop Regisaur Alpha (if you didn't get him on turn 4) or Carnage Tyrant. Slice in Twain is a bit much for removal and you get the card advantage from Ripjaw Raptor.
Overall good deck! Kudos friend! Feel free to check out my Dino Deck.
6 days ago
6 days ago
So why are you playing Scrapheap Scrounger but you have no black mana? I would suggest replacing it with something like Rigging Runner, Captain Lannery Storm, or even the great Hazoret the Fervent. But I do realize you are trying to keep a budget. Rampaging Ferocidon can be really good too.
1 week ago
Cool deck idea!
Have you considered swapping Imperial Aerosaur for Pterodon Knight? Also it seems like you have a lot of dinos-matter cards, so it seems like you could use some more of them. Maybe amp up your Rampaging Ferocidon, Kinjalli's Sunwing, Thrash of Raptors and/or look for other cool dinos.
1 week ago
How's Harsh Mentor been working out for you? Thinking about adding a couple to my deck.