|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Dinosaur
Player's can't gain life.
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield, Rampaging Ferocidon deals 1 damage to that creature's controller
Rampaging Ferocidon Discussion
22 hours ago
I also did not realize that Rampaging Brontodon was a card printed in M19, I had never seen it before. So immediately adding that card: -1 Rampaging Ferocidon to sideboard, -1 Skullcrack from sideboard, +1 Rampaging Brontodon
3 weeks ago
Your version of the deck looks fun! but here are a few suggestions. . .
1: the hunted cycle is really fun, but there are much better cards that do the same thing, like Genesis Chamber , Sylvan Offering , Captive Audience Akroan Horse , and many more. also [] synergieses SO WELL with Thantis, it's hilarious.
2: if you want to give your opponents tokens, you gotta tickle them a little when they come in, and with cards like Essence Warden , Blood Seeker , Rampaging Ferocidon , and Xantcha, Sleeper Agent , they're bound to say "thanks, you shouldn't have. . . really"!
3: If you want the TRUEST pain of all, you simply MUST try making it hurt more to attack you! the trio of pain Hissing Miasma , Blood Reckoning , and Marchesa's Decree will all but guarantee pain for the opponents! but if you want the creatures to hurt, try cards like Caltrops and Circle of Flame to lay on the pain!
In conclusion, your deck is sweet, I took some of the cards in here for my own deck, and I can't wait to see how your deck changes and adapts!
(p.s. Assault Formation could be good if you keep on the wall plan)
1 month ago
Confusion in the Ranks can effectively make your opponent lose control of Ghostly Prison for the duration of the game, and yes, Confusion in the Ranks does trigger off itself entering the battlefield so you can exchange it right away.
If you remove Terminate and Rakdos Signet for Demonic Dread there will be no spells in your deck with CMC 2 or less. That means if you board in the Dread and a card like Destructive Revelry , Back to Nature , or Abrupt Decay then your Demonic Dread will always cast whatever 2-cost spell is in your deck without needing to pay it's mana costs. (You can always run Dismember instead of Terminate if you want a cheap removal spot or you can just board out Terminate for the Demonic Dread combo whenever you need enchantment hate more.)
When it comes to Black-Red you really have to get wacky if you want to interact with enchantments. It may be better to run discard effects like Inquisition of Kozilek or meta-specific sideboard-hate like the Ferocidon though.
1 month ago
you should be looking at effects that shut down his key mechanics. Stax pieces are often pretty cheap and they come in various colours. You could for example ruin Locust God with Notion Thief , Spirit of the Labyrinth , Alms Collector or even a Rampaging Ferocidon . Purphoros is easily turned off by Torpor Orb or Hushwing Gryff . Nekusar, the Mindrazer might be a good commander to oppose Locust God because he punishes the player for the same action that Locust God gives you a bonus for. Uba Mask turns off the draw trigger of Locust God because the cards are exiled INSTEAD of drawing. There's so many angles from which you can attack and the hate pieces are also useful against other decks.
2 months ago
- Cut 2 or 3 lands. You run 10 ramp without counting doublers. Or cut like 2 lands and 2 ramp.
- Courser of Kruphix Not a dino, just play ramp
- Oracle of Mul Daya Not a dino, just play ramp
- Reclamation Sage Not a dino, dino does it better
- Sakura-Tribe Elder Not a dino, replace with ramp, dino ramp
- Sky Terror Too vanilla, replace with ramp or dino ramp
- Scroll Rack You did this in Narset, wasn't tht great
- Eerie Interlude Not enough ETBs to count, if this is to dodge wraths boros charm and heroic intervention are better.
- Cacophodon I'm not seeing where you are going to benefit from untapping a single target
- Path of Mettle Flip
- Sylvan Library it's a great card, but I think you are trying to just ramp and get your value off your commander.
- Mana Geyser To me this is best in mono red or in something with X spells.
- Wayward Swordtooth Not that great in EDH
- Raging Regisaur it's in here for ping i think, you didn't seem to keen on it.
- Privileged Position
- Asceticism this and priv pos are both for protecting, with your 90 haste enablers I'm not sure i'd worry about protecting.
- Neheb, the Eternal If this is here to go infinite/near infinite with Aggravated Assault run the whole busted mana package that goes infinite with it (or at least more than just 1) Sword of Feast and Famine , Druids' Repository , Bear Umbra , Grand Warlord Radha , Savage Ventmaw
- Whispersilk Cloak Only having one of this effect seems odd
- Signets - I like the new lockets better. More mana but later on you can sac them to draw cards. Up to you
- Atzocan Seer idk, feel like i'd rather just kodama's reach. HIs second ability could be relevant.
You're missing a bunch of the best dinosaur cards in my opinion
- Commune with Dinosaurs Early gets a land, late gets a dino. Always replaces itself.
- Thundering Spineback Only a 5/5 but is an anthem and makes more dinos
- Carnage Tyrant Literally the best dinosaur ever printed, has all of the keywords you'd ever want on it but haste
- Burning Sun's Avatar Bolts something, bolts someone, and is costed correctly
- Rampaging Ferocidon So good it's banned in standard, shuts down other creature based decks. Can hurt you but likely you are winning if this is hurting.
- Verdant Sun's Avatar If you wanna flip your deck, why not gain all the life at the same time
- Runic Armasaur It's a dino, it's prison, it's got better stats than it's mana
- Overgrown Armasaur Reclamation sage-esque but on a dino
- Kindred Summons 7 mana, basically same as your creatures, and can double your creature count at EOT....
- Overwhelming Stampede Your average power is like 10 in this deck, +10/+10 and trample on everything ends games.
- Naya Charm First mode is meh, second mode can be good, third mode allows you to take out someone
- Charging Monstrosaur haste and trample and on curve
- Bellowing Aegisaur This thing gets huge fast, but doesn't have trample
- Iroas, God of Victory Not a dino, but is combat relevant, makes it easier for your dinos to get through and win
That gets you no where near where you need to be. To me you have too many enchantments might look there more.
2 months ago
they ban phyrexian mana spells from mtg under the basis that it allowed other colors to do things set for one color, like anti being a mistake mechanic they could just ban mechanics they admit were too strong. (I don't actually hope for this)
They ban the reserved list from legacy, the reserved list is massively the reason why wotc has essentially abandoned legacy as a format, if they remove it from the format they can start to breath life back into it. There will also be the added bonus of some collectors panic selling their reserved list cards making high end commander more affordable for a bit. Wotc might also try it just because if it fails and further kills legacy it would really just weaken star city games and push fans more towards channel fireball and the magic fests.
Now for my actual hope it would be to unban Stoneforge Mystic , and then to either ban Ancient Stirrings or Pyrite Spellbomb , stirrings because the usual argument of many 1 cmc cantrips being on the modern banlist and spellbomb because the deck would have to resort to much easier to answer wincons that also don't happen to involve a nightmare number of activated abilities to win, also spellbomb was one of the go to wincons of eggs, which kci looks awfully close to.
unbanning stoneforge is more me wanting to play with the good old cawblade style deck in a format that is more alive and lower on the power level from legacy, I admit to buying my sfm back when they came out in the event deck, only to be banned before I could actually play cawblade.
Rampaging Ferocidon could actually be unbanned as a step to stop possible teferi power overload, it would also let them remove the only banned card effect in use in arena atm.
2 months ago
whats everyones predictions/opinions for the banned and restricted announcement tomorrow?
personally, i feel that Stoneforge Mystic and Umezawa's Jitte can come off the modern banlist. we just have so many answers to both now, and an equipment themed deck would be really interesting to use. whens the last time anyone saw equipment being used at FNM that wasn't Cranial Plating ?
Punishing Fire can also be brought back. the only reliable way to bring it back was Grove of the Burnwillows . its an inefficient shock that provided a mediocre loop with Grove of the Burnwillows and Liliana of the Veil at best, and jund has too many other cards to use now for that minor combo to be relevant.
as for modern bans, maybe something from KCI thats not used in other decks.
can't really speak much on other formats. Rampaging Ferocidon should probably stay banned for now, and i can't think of any standard cards that need a ban.
2 months ago
I'm kind of surprised that you're not running Ramunap Excavator / Crucible of Worlds since you have Titania and fetchlands to keep making elemental tokens, plus both/either would help you recover from something like Jokulhaups faster.
Draw spells like Faithless Looting might be better served being replaced by creature draw like Beast Whisperer or Soul of the Harvest , it takes a bit longer to get the value from them but they'd sneak around Ruric's 6 damage line. Or perhaps an enchantment like Colossal Majesty .
You could also augment your creature base with some of the Theros block or Amonkhet indestructible gods so you've still got something sticking around after a boardwipe.
This is less creature-centric than other Ruric Thar lists I've seen so not sure how much help the suggestions actually are but hopefully you can find something that leads to games with less salt. ;)
Rampaging Ferocidon occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%