|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Dinosaur
Player's can't gain life.
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield, Rampaging Ferocidon deals 1 damage to that creature's controller
Rampaging Ferocidon Discussion
1 week ago
So I've played a bit more, so far
3-0 Izzet Phoenix
3-1 4c Saheeli
1-2 Pyro Prison
1-1 Mardu Pyro
My current creature package is:
2x Ash Zealot
2x Harsh Mentor
With the rest of the list mostly same as yours (although, I accidentally played a few games with my sideboard searing blood's in my mainboard, and kind of liked it a lot?)
Some thoughts (still very new to modern so there's a lot of interactions I might just be completely un-aware of):
I see why we'd have Relic over Ravenous Trap now, didn't really want to bring in ravenous trap vs mardu pyro but Relic would be sweat, so I'll probably make that change too. Also saves me the hazzle of finding non-proxy ravenous traps, which are completely impossible to buy where I live.
I was thinking if we could replace ratchet bomb with mainboard Blast Zone , until I realized that it 1) Gets blanked by Blood Moon 2) Starts with a counter on it so we can't even hit chalice 3) Probably screws up our RR on turn two too badly.
Oh well, it sounded good in my head before I remembered about those minor details.
What do you think about Pillage vs Molten Rain for the sideboard? Doubling as artifact removal is nice, one of the main decks we'd bring land destruction in against is Tron right? Which makes it pull double duty.
The new canopy cycle of lands, I almost want to go UP in lands a little bit if we include them? Flooding is less bad since we can sac it to draw, more lands -> more reliable mana for our 3 drops. Not sure if it opens up any interesting sideboard options at all on its own, but with some RW fetches maybe?
Speaking of 3 drops, tried Scab-Clan Berserker at all?
1 month ago
Thank you, SinBlade!
Aurelia's Fury is really a great idea. Strong card with great synergy with. I'll start real tests after this weekend (I have a tournament) and will post some updates here.
I didn't liked Everlasting Torment . Great effect but CMC 3 enchantment is very slow for a aggro deck without another effect that impacts the board. Buuut, is harder to remove than a creature. This card give me idea about Tibalt, Rakish Instigator .
Rampaging Ferocidon great side against soul sisters and others. Put a lot of pressure in battlefield. Great one.
Meta here is about 80% decks tier 1 and 2 (Aggro >> Midrange = Combo > Control) and 20% rogues. Tournaments have 40-50 players.
1 month ago
Okay, I really love how this deck looks! Looks fun to play!
A card I wonder if it could fit, would be Aurelia's Fury . A friend of mine uses it in their angel deck to secure some lethal damage, and with the whole dual turn you can take, it might make it a simple task to get an easy hit directly on their Life.
Everlasting Torment as a potential sideboard card, to keep any life-gain shenanigans at bay? It does have some negative synergy, though. Rampaging Ferocidon is a less hindering, creature choice to negate lifegain.
Otherwise, your deck has a clear cut strategy and goal. The cards listed here are more so to stabilize a match or two (No idea what meta you face), and maybe ease a possible 'late' game if you get there. Maybe a tutor card, or two?
2 months ago
As usual in red/white tribal brews, Mirror Entity and Taurean Mauler are good. Rampaging Ferocidon was banned in standard but is modern legal. Snubhorn Sentry is a lot simpler to turn on, and running an 'all 3 toughness' board means a single pump puts you out of bolt/anger range.
Theres probably some colour matters/keyword shenanigans you can manage with Cerodon Yearling / Relentless Raptor / Sky Terror / Swiftblade Vindicator / Truefire Paladin , but that feels like a different deck.
2 months ago
First thing that stands out is that your mana-curve isn't low enough to the ground. Modern is an extremely fast format and the majority of your threats are in the 4+ range for converted mana cost. Bringing in white will open up some early threats while also giving you some low cost removal.
- Relentless Raptor - 2 cost for three power, sure it has to attack each combat but it also has vigilance which allows it to still be on defense while doing so.
- Sky Terror - Flying 2/2 for 2 and menace to boot making it an effective attacker that will evade a large amount of creatures.
- More Frilled Deathspitter ! - This guy is just fun, sure he's only a 3/2 for 3, but if he doesn't get through he at least shocks the opponent to the face.
- Kinjalli's Sunwing - If you've got this in the mainboard of sideboard it's good either way, it definitely shines more against aggressive matches due to the tap ability, but having flying makes this thing a decent attacker.
- More Rampaging Ferocidon - This is going to hurt opponents that want to swarm the board, but definitely something you sub out against control unless they are running life-gain to get out of your reach.
- Wayward Swordtooth - Sure he can't attack until you get the city's blessing, but if you have 2-3 of these in your deck and are happy with just being able to drop the double land he'll serve you well.
- Runic Armasaur - Love this guy. He's got a fat butt on him to stop from being bolted off the field and with the number of activated abilities in modern you'll have a full grip nearly all the time. Keep in mind that fetch lands will trigger this dude.
- Regisaur Alpha - Having 2 of these on your higher curve is a nice boon. He brings 7 power and toughness as well as haste.
- Carnage Tyrant - Control players, eat your heart out. Can't be countered, trample, hexproof. 2-3 of these on your top end will be your beaters.
- Ghalta, Primal Hunger - 1-2 of this guy is all you need. He'll eat removal in some form most of the time, but if an opponent allows a 12/12 trampler to go unanswered, he'll hit HARD.
Some nice buffs:
- Blossoming Defense - Protection in the form of hexproof as well as a +2/+2 buff at instant speed.
- Groundswell - More often then not this is just a straight +4/+4 at instant speed.
- Vines of Vastwood - This is what happens when you combine the above two cards into one.
- Lightning Bolt - Kills a lot in the format, there is a reason the saying "dies to bolt" exists.
- Path to Exile - Big threat? No problem.
- Dromoka's Command - Putting this here as it will often help you remove something. Good all round card.
2 months ago
Instead of moving Rampaging Ferocidon to the sideboard, I might instead just remove Snapping Sailback from the deck entirely, since its effect is minimal at best, which means the Skullcrack can stay in the sideboard for now.
2 months ago
I also did not realize that Rampaging Brontodon was a card printed in M19, I had never seen it before. So immediately adding that card: -1 Rampaging Ferocidon to sideboard, -1 Skullcrack from sideboard, +1 Rampaging Brontodon
3 months ago
Your version of the deck looks fun! but here are a few suggestions. . .
1: the hunted cycle is really fun, but there are much better cards that do the same thing, like Genesis Chamber , Sylvan Offering , Captive Audience Akroan Horse , and many more. also [] synergieses SO WELL with Thantis, it's hilarious.
2: if you want to give your opponents tokens, you gotta tickle them a little when they come in, and with cards like Essence Warden , Blood Seeker , Rampaging Ferocidon , and Xantcha, Sleeper Agent , they're bound to say "thanks, you shouldn't have. . . really"!
3: If you want the TRUEST pain of all, you simply MUST try making it hurt more to attack you! the trio of pain Hissing Miasma , Blood Reckoning , and Marchesa's Decree will all but guarantee pain for the opponents! but if you want the creatures to hurt, try cards like Caltrops and Circle of Flame to lay on the pain!
In conclusion, your deck is sweet, I took some of the cards in here for my own deck, and I can't wait to see how your deck changes and adapts!
(p.s. Assault Formation could be good if you keep on the wall plan)
Rampaging Ferocidon occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%