|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Dinosaur
Enrage - Whenever Sun-Crowned Hunters is dealt damage, it deals 3 damage to target opponent.
Sun-Crowned Hunters Discussion
2 weeks ago
You might like these: Scouring Sands , Initiate of Blood , Coalhauler Swine , Sun-Crowned Hunters , Thornbite Staff , Dingus Staff , Lightning-Rig Crew , Lobber Crew , Nettle Drone , Gorgon's Head , Gorgon Flail , Viridian Longbow , Frostwielder , Prodigal Pyromancer
3 months ago
- Sol ring is not modern legal.
- 75 cards means your deck will be less consistent than a 60 card deck. However you can have a sideboard of 15 cards maybe consider pulling some of those cards out.
- You have a lot of creature cards that get you vaule off your spells. However 23 is a lot of creatures when you want to cast spells. You may want to trim cards there. Espically the higher cmc ones like Sun-Crowned Hunters and Riddlemaster Sphinx
- consider spell cards like Rift Bolt Searing Blaze and Electrolyze
- although i said to trim creature cards Monastery Swiftspear is an amazing one drop due to haste, and can get really big from your spells.
- Firemind's Foresight is great because it lets you tutor for cards you want however its 7 mana which is a lot espically when you want to cast a lot of spells. For ideas for cheap spells (cantrips) i would recommend looking at modern storm. The entire deck is build around what your doing. Its something to consider.
- You have a fair number of gold cards, and cards that are double blue or red, so running only basics can be hard. It keep things in the lower budget you could run izzet guildgate. Cascade Bluffs isn't to expensive i think either.
5 months ago
Perhaps Generator Servant would be good?
Turn 1: Mountain
Turn 2: Plains, Generator Servant
Would also help you play Sun-Crowned Hunters , which is quite expensive. I'd probably remove the reanimation spells for it.
6 months ago
Plan to swap out
to bring in a few lower CMC creatures
7 months ago
+1 for a sweet brew and welcome to the community! You might want a bit more draw, stuff like Phyrexian Arena is pretty strong. Fatal Push seems a bit narrow and Sun-Crowned Hunters looks a bit too slow. Goblin Goliath makes a bunch of tokens for you and works well with Judith.
8 months ago
Out Bellowing Aegisaur - Low-impact dino. Doesn't actually combo with Marath. It replaces the counter you spent to ping it, but doesn't actually put you ahead
Overgrown Armasaur - Low-impact dino
Sun-Crowned Hunters - Low-impact dino
Snapping Sailback - Low-impact dino
Anger of the Gods - If I'm pulling back on the enrage theme, do I need this?
In Basilisk Collar - It's back. See my prior comment
Avenger of Zendikar - Big token producer, even if not directly on theme
Xenagos, the Reveler - Generate big mana
Mirari's Wake - More big mana
Runic Armasaur - A new toy. Let's see how it does
Chord of Calling - It's a combo deck, so now I can tutor for what I need, like Ivy Lane Denizen
11 months ago
You're right - the deck has one scenario of winning, and it's an extremely unlikely one.
Adding mana-boosters for a once-every-600-games turn-2 combo doesn't exactly solve that. They're dead weight whenever they're not in your first hand. I think you should move away from focusing on how quickly you can optimally pull off the combo with the perfect 7 cards, and instead put some thought into how to make it work consistently. Because cheesing people once every 600 games doesn't outweigh auto-losing 599 times.
What I'd suggest is either trimming off the parts that don't further your combo-plan in favor of better card-filtering & redundance for your combo (more copies of Faithless Looting, some Tormenting Voices, maybe some Heliod's Pilgrims to tutor your Guilty Conscience right from the deck, 1-2 Sun-Crowned Hunters as backup for the Spitter, Ajani's Presence as extra-copies of the Shields...), or actually making the goblins a viable plan-b (though, I'm not too sure how well it would work to implement an aggro game-plan into a setup-heavy combo deck).
Also, how is Burning Inquiry key to anything, exactly? It disacards 3 cards at random...
1 year ago
Nice Deck! A few suggestions: Even though it doesn't have enrage, regisaur alpha is an amazing card and would be a great addition to this deck (It could act as a better form of evasion than the Cobbled Wings), although it's a bit more expensive. You might also want some Raptor Hatchling 's. They are great value, and if you can give them some extra toughness you can repeat the effect and get large quantities of 3/3's. Other then that, I guess you might want to switch the Sun-Crowned Hunters with another Ranging Raptors cause the Raptors are amazing and the Hunters are a bit too expensive to be too useful. It seems like a good deck though. Keep us updated on how well it plays!
sidenote: There's a typo in your description, it says 'tri-color dion' instead of 'tri-color dino'
Sun-Crowned Hunters occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%