|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Flame Rift deals 4 damage to each player.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (7)||richardmv , Benniator , Mousemke , dplerner , Hellsing , almeidafabio , Atroxreaper|
|Want (11)||cannon_Spectacle , Liquicitizen , marsp44 , psoliver , DracosDraconian , outofnothing0 , Cunningcrow , ThisIsBullshit , samuelianstorm , theilluminaire , failurechild88|
Flame Rift Discussion
1 month ago
I like it, the only thing I would change are probably Thermo alchemist and rats. You have too many creatures to make alchemist work. And rats is too mana intensive with the double black. I would add the fourth Choice, bump, night whispers and Rift Bolt. Consider 2 Flame Rift to round it out.
Additionally 1 Thorn of the black rose is not really something you are looking for to do. Maybe a third Angler can do it instead. If so, add more Terramorphic Expanse style lands to increase the delve count.
3 months ago
The reason i'm not running Thermo-Alchemist (and Firebrand Archer to a lesser degree) is that i'm trading the pinging for speed. Tapping out for 2 mana to run a creature that might not do damage at all is a risk, Keldon Marauders Guarantees at least 2 damage, making it more fitting for the deck.
3 months ago
Angelic Accord Can make you an army of flyers that avoid most of red x wipes.
Balefire Liege Mini Firesong & Sunspeaker
Take what you want. I am making a Firesong Sunspeaker deck too Burn Alive if you want more ideas.
4 months ago
multimedia no worries! Thank you so so much for the help!
I checked out your elf deck, awesome coding! And is that Quenya from Lord of the Rings I see? Respect!
I was wondering if you'd be okay if I posted your comments and my following response on my deck page; I like to have everything in one place and the comments don't delete there as they do on the wall. let me know!
Now, to respond to all the suggestions! Again thank you for the advice!
First off I'd like to mention that I'm not a huge fan of most X-spells, and I wanted to stray away from them somewhat because I know that's what many people are going to to with F&S. I understand the value of X-spells with F&S is huge here, but they kinda need a ton of mana pumped into them, and I don't think Boros can consistently do that. In situations where I can't get Neheb, the Eternal to stick they become less effective, even if X = 10 and I gain 100+ life, it doesn't seem worth it to me because now I've just pissed off the other 3-5 players and will probably be crippled by the clapback. Second, I'm trying to focus on Sunforger and my combos a lot more, as I think that is what will make my deck stand out when all is said and done. So Combo/sunforger first, value/x-spells second. I don't want to strip stuff away from my Sunforger for more X-spells because I feel like I'll want Sunforger goodness more. So there's some thoughts that will hopefully explain my choices and why I will or won't take some of your suggestion :)
- Doubling Cube: I think you over value this somewhat. To make it produce 4 or more mana(making it better than just any mana rock), I already need 10 mana out. So that's a while before I feel it really benifits me. I'll test it though!
Earthquake, Rolling Earthquake: I think I covered these well enough. Again I want to emphasize that I just don't want them personally, and I know that X-spells are a great way to go with this commander. Will definitely keep them in the back of my head :)
Breath of Darigaaz, Hour of Devastation, Price of Progress, Acidic Soil: these are all great damage options, and I'll be testing them out along with all the ones I got in there now, like Flame Rift, Flamebreak, Fiery Confluence, etc. Time will tell which ones are the best.
Gamble: I'm gonna be straight up with you, I hate Gamble. I've used it and It's awful.
- Faithless Looting, Tormenting Voice, Wild Guess: All good draw options. I'll consider!
- Survival Cache: I really like this one, but the fact that it can't be Sunforged was holding it back over options like Ritual of Rejuvenation and Reviving Dose. Yeah I see the rebound but that's just my philosophy getting in the way of good cards lol.
Winds of Change: I don't consider this card draw, but rather card selection. I find wheels usually help my opponents more anyway.
Mark of Asylum: Yeah this is a good one that I should find room for.
- Furnace of Rath: Out due to aggro meta :(
Hopefully all that makes some sense.
Again I definitely see the reasoning for all of the suggestions. Just not the direction I want to go :)
- Expedition Map needed to grab Inventors' Fair and Mistveil Plains.
- Book of Rass mid/late game draw that's a good mana sink more Neheb and a huge lifegain payoff. Also part of my beloved janky combo :)
- Basilisk Collar figured I'd be nice to snipe some big creatures, but I suppose if I'm dealing enough damage in the first place that's not needed. Probable cut.
- Swiftfoot Boots I kinda need the protection. there won't be many creatures out wth me wiping the coard so much so my creatures will be big targets.
- Strionic Resonator Can probably be cut, your right.
Painter's Servant I want my janky value! :D
- Thalia's Lancers gets Neheb or Gisela
- Stonehewer Giant gets sunforger, can also be a sweet combat trick with enough mana; two to find sunforger and two more to use sunforger to cast a life saving spell. Still, he costs a lot so maybe he'll be cut.
- Brass Squire probably cut, but is really good with sunforger.
- Imperial Recruiter gets Treasonous Ogre, Weathered Wayfarer and Painter's Servant
- Weathered Wayfarer gets Inventors' Fair and Mistveil Plains. not sure if you've ever played Boros but this kind of stuff is necessary, trust me.
- Fire Servant probable cut. I agree.
Generator Servant But he's so goooood. Turn 4 hasty F&S. Total pet card.
Teferi's Protection - essential part of my sunforger package. Way too good to now use.
- Tithe - can get Mistveil Plains and helps me hit those land drops. This is usually the first Sunforger target just to get the M-Plains.
- Open the Armory gets sunforger. I need all the consistency I can get.
Again thank you so so so much for the advice! Let me know if I can post it on the deck.
I don't want you to think I don't appreciate all the help and suggestions, I really do! It's just that this time around I have a different vision for my deck that a lot of these can't fit into. Thanks again friend!
5 months ago
adds Slagstorm, Flame Rift, Tormenting Voice, Wild Guess, Chaos Warp, Strionic Resonator, Thermo-Alchemist, Faultline, Staff of Nin, Worn Powerstone, Commander's Sphere, Sensei's Divining Top, Rogue's Passage, Ramunap Ruins,
potential adds Recoup, Fork, Chandra, Flamecaller, Runehorn Hellkite, Knollspine Dragon, Past in Flames, Molten Psyche, Cryptolith Fragment Flip, Fanatic of Mogis, Charmbreaker Devils, Firebrand Archer, Wild Ricochet, Sizzle, Flamebreak, Breath of Darigaaz, By Force, Ruination, Darksteel Plate, Sword of Fire and Ice, Sword of War and Peace, Sword of Feast and Famine, Magebane Armor, Blood Moon,
cuts Mizzium Mortars, Rolling Earthquake, Solemn Simulacrum, Burnished Hart, Extraplanar Lens, Outpost Siege, Sulfuric Vortex, Magma Jet, Ravaging Blaze, Skullcrack, Starstorm, Thunderous Wrath, Scrying Sheets, Terrain Generator, and a Mountain, switch to basics.
5 months ago
let's say I have 4 opponents. I deal 6 damage to each of them in my first main phase, so in my second main phase I get 24 mana. That's a pretty good haul. So now I go to cast Fireball, hoping to kill all of my opponents with this one massive blaze. One is used for the red cost of fireball, I target an opponent, then spend to target my other three opponents. So X=20, and that gets divided evenly by 4, which is 5, so in the end I just spend 24 mana to deal 5 damage to each opponent. Compare to Flame Rift and Inferno, and fireball is laughably bad. Sure I could kill just one opponent, but that's not the point or the goal of the deck.
Hope that clears it up!
Low-key_loki Thanks for the upvote :)
7 months ago
Two recommendations I'd make are Goblin Bombardment and Impact Tremors. They help speed up wins a good bit. The other thing is ways to tutor Skullclamp, namely Steelshaper's Gift, Enlightened Tutor, Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, and Stoneforge Mystic all get the job done, and reloading your hand is really important in this deck. I notice that basically all of your creatures are vampires, you could include a few non-vamp support creatures like Dark Confidant, Brutal Hordechief, Hellrider and Zulaport Cutthroat which all have synergy with your build. You could also consider a few mass burns like Price of Progress, Flame Rift, Foul-Tongue Shriek, Fiery Confluence, etc. to take people out of the game. Additionally if you wanted more removal, Terminate and Vindicate are in your colors.