Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/+1 for each other creature you control that shares a creature type with it.
|Have (3)||DudeMan1031 , metalmagic , GeminiSpartanX|
|Want (3)||BX223Hunter , Cactusman , WillPandora|
Printings View all
|Oath of the Gatewatch (OGW)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Stoneforge Masterwork occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Stoneforge Masterwork Discussion
5 days ago
Gotta love cat tribal!
Likewise, if you have people in your play group that run a lot of sweepers, you can run Creeping Renaissance, Faith's Reward, or even Wrap in Vigor to prevent/bounce back from your creatures dying. Of course, you could also use Teferi's Protection if you have the budget for it :)
1 week ago
Ahoy there! I also built a rat deck some time back, so I might be able to give you some suggestions! First, lets take a look at your ramp and lands. Having the right ramp and lands can be very very very strong in commander, and it should always be properly used.
Since you are in mono black, there aren't too many land options out there for you. But one I would definitely include is the Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth + Cabal Coffers combo. It can get you a LOT of mana very fast. Also consider Cabal Stronghold, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, and Shizo, Death's Storehouse. Since you have a lot of Swamps, I would also consider some nice colorless sources, like Ancient Tomb, Wasteland, maybe Maze of Ith, Strip Mine, etc. These can be extremely useful, especially in mono decks.
Now on to ramp! A mono colored deck should have 6-7 ramp spells in my opinion, and here are some I would consider. Dark Ritual, Jet Medallion, Lotus Petal, Thran Dynamo, Mana Vault, etc. Ramp can be extremely useful, and there are much more expensive options but these are very good to start with.
There are many fun ways to make rats! I would consider everything above, and I hope it helps you on your journey in this deck! If you found this helpful be sure to check out and upvote my decks (Double Trouble EDH, and give me suggestions if you have any! Anyways though, good luck on your deck, hope this helps, and have a great day!
3 weeks ago
I always wanted to make an sliver EDH deck! This looks like a great build already! Maybe Horned Sliver for that late game reach? They also love Alpha Status, Stoneforge Masterwork, and Shared Animosity if you want to do a big Timmy win :) While not nearly as good as infect, Virulent Sliver also seems like a cool alternate win card you could deploy if you find yourself against lifegain or stax decks... or I guess a Triumph of the Hordes would also do. It's kind of pricey to cast but Kindred Dominance can also be brutal against creature-heavy play groups.
2 months ago
Surprisingly few cards in that lets you translate tallness to wideness. Dragon Throne of Tarkir maybe? It only works with Eminence tho.
(well, if you got your commander, companion, and Leonin Shikari, you can equip & activate the Throne after applying Arahbo's +X/+X buff, but...)
3 months ago
Looking back on what I said, I realized I might have a couple more suggestions mana-wise, but not due to lands. I tried to keep these more budgeted so hopefully, this works a little better.
- Arcane Signet
- Nature's Lore
- Birds of Paradise
- Dark Ritual
- Golgari Signet
- Emerald Medallion
- Jet Medallion
- These may be out of budget, but as my previous comment definitely consider them
- Coat of Arms
- Obelisk of Urd
- Herald's Horn
- Stoneforge Masterwork
- Metallic Mimic
- Door of Destinies
Other Good Cards
3 months ago
Mask of Immolation seems better than Ancestral Blade here, considering you can blow up a smaller creature with it in aggressive matches or get in an extra point of damage. Once you sacrifice the elemental token, you can equip it to one of your creatures for free. If you ever get in situations where you are one point of damage away from lethal, it can help. Also I'm pretty sure Stoneforge Masterwork, Captain's Claws, or another copy of Shadowspear would be better options here than Sword of the Animist.
3 months ago
Cards also worth considering:
- Impact Tremors - Ping everybody whenever you make a snake
- Stoneforge Masterwork - More snakes -> More power on commander -> More snakes
- Coat of Arms - Make your snakes HUGE
- Altar of Dementia - Turn creatures into mill
- Parallel Lives - Double snake production
- Mana Echoes - Expensive, but makes insane amounts of mana when you make a bunch of snakes
- Opposition - Tap snakes to tap basically anything you don't like
- Vicious Shadows - Tokens DO go to the graveyard when they die, so every snake you lose burns an opponent's life hard
- Path of Discovery - Making a snake lets you explore
- Seshiro the Anointed - Pump your snakes and draw a card whenever they deal damage
- Kaseto, Orochi Archmage - Pay simic to pump your commander and make it unblockable this turn
- Eldrazi Monument - As long as you keep making snakes, your creatures are all indestructible, and as a bonus, flying
- Rancor - Commander has trample and +2 power, and the aura goes back to your hand whenever it dies
- Ring of Kalonia - Commander gets trample, and a +1/+1 counter each turn
- Ring of Evos Isle - Commander gets hexproof at instant speed for 2 mana, and a +1/+1 counter each turn
- Loxodon Warhammer - Commander gets +3 power, trample, and lifelink
- Fireshrieker - Double strike protects commander from blockers (first strike damage) and potentially doubles the amount of card draw, and thus, number of snakes produced
- Thassa's Oracle, Laboratory Maniac, and/or Jace, Wielder of Mysteries - You draw a lot of cards, so you may end up decking yourself. Best to win if that happens rather than lose
You by no means need to add any of these cards to the deck, they're just cards I think you might want to look at.