|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Oath of the Gatewatch (OGW)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/+1 for each other creature you control that shares a creature type with it.
Stoneforge Masterwork Discussion
3 days ago
5 days ago
1 week ago
Nice seeing the less common tribes being given attention. Looks like you have done a good job finding the staples that fit well with Kemba.
I have a few suggestions despite this:
- Stoneforge Masterwork : seems pretty cool, good synergy with with Kemba + better with more equipments and cats.
- Balan, Wandering Knight : has some anti-synergy with Kemba granted, but also has high surprise factor if you can haste it the same turn you play it.
- Steelshaper's Gift is the best non-creature equipment tutor in the game.
- Hammer of Nazahn is expensive but amazing.
- Leonin Arbiter is quite strong in multiplayer.
- Konda's Banner must be the perfect equipment for this list!
2 weeks ago
Additionally, more tribal staples could give your saboteur the "oomph" it neeeds. Stoneforge Masterwork is a thought, as is Obelisk of Urd . Metallic Mimic will give you additional +1's on each merfolk, so very worth running. Look into "tribal anthem"'s
1 month ago
Hey, saw your forum topic asking for help. Looks nice, good start and a budget of less than $100, well done :)
Lovisa is all about attacking because her ability pumps your creatures therefore you want to have a well established army of creatures before you play Lovisa. You've done a good job with including many two drop and three drop creatures, but 18 four drops and 13 five drops is too much. I also don't think any of the six and seven drops are good enough to risk having one of them stuck in your hand in the early and mid game. My advice is cut a large amount of these cards for more one, two and three drops.
Budget cards $3 or less each to consider adding:
- Ghitu Encampment
- Zurgo Bellstriker
- Frenzied Goblin
- Prophetic Flamespeaker
- Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion
- Countryside Crusher
- Experimental Frenzy
- Lightning Mauler
- Goblin Cratermaker
- Chaos Warp
- Faithless Looting
- Mind Stone
- Commander's Sphere
Others to consider:
- By Force
- Price of Progress
- Borderland Marauder
- Stoneforge Masterwork
- Earthshaker Khenra
- Ahn-Crop Crasher
- Splatter Thug
Can add all these cards for about $18. Also consider adding a few more Mountains as 26 lands is a low total amount. Try 30 Mountains, Ghitu Encampment and Rogues Passage for a total of 32 lands. Temple of the False God is not worth playing in a deck that doesn't have any land ramp. Can't afford to have a land that can't make mana, does nothing, to cast early game two and three drop creatures.
There's a lot of red cards that can give you repeatable pseudo draw each turn; key word here is repeatable. Not draw, but can exile the top card of your library and you may play that card until end of turn. These cards are helpful because mono red has a tendency to run out of cards in your hand fast.
- Prophetic Flamespeaker
- Experimental Frenzy
- Outpost Siege
- Vance's Blasting Cannons Flip
- Chandra, Fire Artisan
Many of these cards are four drops which means if I was building this deck I would reserve the four drop spots for some of these cards. Experimental Frenzy is good with many low mana cost creatures allowing you to play them from the top of your library. Lovisa gives your creatures haste meaning when you play them from the top of your library you can attack with them. You can potentially chain play a lot of creatures with Frenzy and attack with all of them, that's good with Lovisa.
Countryside Crusher can help to take away a drawback of Frenzy as well as help to not draw so many lands which can happen when playing 30 basic lands. With Frenzy if you hit two lands in a row on the top of your library then you're done playing spells from the top for your turn. Since you can't play more than one land per turn. You're able to play the first land you see on the top of your library, but not the second.
At your upkeep if Crusher sees a land on the top of your library you put it into your graveyard and you can do this as many times in a row as lands you have on top of your library each time Crusher gets bigger. Crusher also can get bigger when you discard land cards such as from Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion or Tormenting Voice, etc.
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
I think Invisible Stalker is much better than Inkfathom Infiltrator because the stalker has a lot more evasión , not being able to be targeted by any burn spell or removal unless it is a Wrath of God , basically it wont die unless you block with it because you're desperate to survive (you cant block with inkfathom infiltrator).
Maybe Frogtosser Banneret ?
You can try cards with changeling .
You may add something for late game that gets bonuses from tribals decks like Door of Destinies , Coat of Arms , Adaptive Automaton , Metallic Mimic , Stoneforge Masterwork (i think this one is the best because most of your creatures are unblockable and is very fast , and if you add Invisible Stalker it is almost impossible to get rid of it , while the infathom will probably die instantly when you equip the artifact to it)
Knowledge Exploitation for sideboard
1 month ago
- Nyxborn Shieldmate for Boros Reckoner both better creatures and reckoner works amazing with lightmines if u decide to add it
- Palace Guard for Archetype of Aggression
- Darksteel Plate for Whispersilk Cloak since your guys are invincible anyways. this also deters them from being targeted.. boardwipes will still work though.
- Stoneforge Masterwork for Tenza, Godo's Maul if up u this on ur commander hes a 10/7 menance with trample, seems like a better piece
- Armory of Iroas - Sunforger costs a few more mana but u have alot of tricks u can pull out of it for free late game
- Staff of Nin for Mind's Eye
- Avacyn's Collar for Spear of Heliod upgrades all ur doods and makes people scared to attack you
- Manalith for Commander's Sphere an upgrade
- Act of Treason for Faithless Looting card draw with flashback seems always good
- Mass Mutiny - Mob Rule seems like an upgrade
- Miraculous Recovery - Settle the Wreckage amazing board wipe, can really put you ahead. if not interested in a board wipe id suggest maybe a single target removal like Chaos Warp . i feel like you need ways to deal with high pressure threats
- Pay No Heed - Deflecting Palm
- Righteousness for Fight to the Death i know these two cards arent related, but how hilarious would it be to cast this when someone else is combating another player, basically can wipe two players boards if timed proper. if u would prefer to keep a combat trick here i would suggest maybe Gods Willing or something that does not require the creature to be blocking
- Smite - Ride Down
- Warleader's Helix - Savage Beating or Ajani Vengeant i feel helix doesnt provide enough value, for removal it is very weak , if u want good removal to replace this instead of a threats i listed, i would consider Oblivion Ring type cards
- Martial Glory - Boros Charm charm is must include, so much value! protect from boardwipes including land destruction! removal or maybe boost ur commander after blocks with a double strike if some1 is already been hit once and hello 21 commander dmg
2 months ago
Why don't you play Krenko, Mob Boss ?
I play a similar deck (https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/goblin-meat-shield/) and I found the Stoneforge Masterwork + Thud combo very interesting. In your deck, you could even play Thud alone, Goblin Piledriver can quickly become a huge threat and 7/9 dmg for one mana is unbeatable.
Stoneforge Masterwork occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%