|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Dinosaur
Enrage - Whenever Bellowing Aegisaur is dealt damage, put a +1/+1 counter on each other creature you control.
Bellowing Aegisaur Discussion
22 hours ago
i would put in Rhythm of the Wild over urabrask.
1 week ago
triproberts12 Hey bud! So do you not like Kindred Boon ? I'm going to swap it out for an Asceticism whenever I acquire one but I ended up liking the solid protection it brings. It may well be a tad expensive though. Thank you for pointing out Duelist's Heritage and its politicking ability! I haven't seen the card before. I agree that Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip is a little iffy, as I find it usually only flips when I have loads of big Dinos on the board anyway, and the land tutoring ability of Hour of Promise may well be worth it instead. I think I'll cut Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip for Hour of Promise and cut Onward / Victory for Blood Mist until I acquire a Duelist's Heritage (or I could include Blood Mist also and cut something else?). I'm not sure about cutting the Bellowing Aegisaur for Sakura-Tribe Elder only because of its combo potential with Forerunner of the Empire + Polyraptor . Is there any other Dinos that you think are weaker? What are your opinions about my exclusion of Atzocan Seer and Drover of the Mighty or the other cards in the Maybeboard? I really appreciate the help thanks awfully :)
1 week ago
triproberts12 Hi man, really appreciate the help as this is the first comment I've had on tapped out after using it for a couple of days! The point you make about Nature's Lore being in over Selesnya Signet I think is probably correct so when I acquire one I'll swap that in. I'm already running Farseek so I guess the decision would be weather to cut Bellowing Aegisaur or Onward / Victory for Sakura-Tribe Elder . Do you not think I have enough ramp (this may be the case)? Bellowing Aegisaur combos well with Forerunner of the Empire + Polyraptor and I think that Onward / Victory seemed very good at getting almost two double strike triggers for Gishath, Sun's Avatar . Perhaps I don't need this though as I have may enough effects like True Conviction , Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion , Boros Charm (if needed) and Goring Ceratops . Perhaps Blood Mist is better than Onward / Victory anyway.
2 weeks ago
Out Bellowing Aegisaur - Low-impact dino. Doesn't actually combo with Marath. It replaces the counter you spent to ping it, but doesn't actually put you ahead
Overgrown Armasaur - Low-impact dino
Sun-Crowned Hunters - Low-impact dino
Snapping Sailback - Low-impact dino
Anger of the Gods - If I'm pulling back on the enrage theme, do I need this?
In Basilisk Collar - It's back. See my prior comment
Avenger of Zendikar - Big token producer, even if not directly on theme
Xenagos, the Reveler - Generate big mana
Mirari's Wake - More big mana
Runic Armasaur - A new toy. Let's see how it does
Chord of Calling - It's a combo deck, so now I can tutor for what I need, like Ivy Lane Denizen
3 weeks ago
- Cut 2 or 3 lands. You run 10 ramp without counting doublers. Or cut like 2 lands and 2 ramp.
- Courser of Kruphix Not a dino, just play ramp
- Oracle of Mul Daya Not a dino, just play ramp
- Reclamation Sage Not a dino, dino does it better
- Sakura-Tribe Elder Not a dino, replace with ramp, dino ramp
- Sky Terror Too vanilla, replace with ramp or dino ramp
- Scroll Rack You did this in Narset, wasn't tht great
- Eerie Interlude Not enough ETBs to count, if this is to dodge wraths boros charm and heroic intervention are better.
- Cacophodon I'm not seeing where you are going to benefit from untapping a single target
- Path of Mettle Flip
- Sylvan Library it's a great card, but I think you are trying to just ramp and get your value off your commander.
- Mana Geyser To me this is best in mono red or in something with X spells.
- Wayward Swordtooth Not that great in EDH
- Raging Regisaur it's in here for ping i think, you didn't seem to keen on it.
- Privileged Position
- Asceticism this and priv pos are both for protecting, with your 90 haste enablers I'm not sure i'd worry about protecting.
- Neheb, the Eternal If this is here to go infinite/near infinite with Aggravated Assault run the whole busted mana package that goes infinite with it (or at least more than just 1) Sword of Feast and Famine , Druids' Repository , Bear Umbra , Grand Warlord Radha , Savage Ventmaw
- Whispersilk Cloak Only having one of this effect seems odd
- Signets - I like the new lockets better. More mana but later on you can sac them to draw cards. Up to you
- Atzocan Seer idk, feel like i'd rather just kodama's reach. HIs second ability could be relevant.
You're missing a bunch of the best dinosaur cards in my opinion
- Commune with Dinosaurs Early gets a land, late gets a dino. Always replaces itself.
- Thundering Spineback Only a 5/5 but is an anthem and makes more dinos
- Carnage Tyrant Literally the best dinosaur ever printed, has all of the keywords you'd ever want on it but haste
- Burning Sun's Avatar Bolts something, bolts someone, and is costed correctly
- Rampaging Ferocidon So good it's banned in standard, shuts down other creature based decks. Can hurt you but likely you are winning if this is hurting.
- Verdant Sun's Avatar If you wanna flip your deck, why not gain all the life at the same time
- Runic Armasaur It's a dino, it's prison, it's got better stats than it's mana
- Overgrown Armasaur Reclamation sage-esque but on a dino
- Kindred Summons 7 mana, basically same as your creatures, and can double your creature count at EOT....
- Overwhelming Stampede Your average power is like 10 in this deck, +10/+10 and trample on everything ends games.
- Naya Charm First mode is meh, second mode can be good, third mode allows you to take out someone
- Charging Monstrosaur haste and trample and on curve
- Bellowing Aegisaur This thing gets huge fast, but doesn't have trample
- Iroas, God of Victory Not a dino, but is combat relevant, makes it easier for your dinos to get through and win
That gets you no where near where you need to be. To me you have too many enchantments might look there more.
3 months ago
After a lot of MTG Arena playtesting (and one FNM) The deck is not super consistent. at FNM the only combo I was able to win with was the Truefire Captain Star of Extinction combo, which was fun, but also felt kinda cheap (I'm not taking it out, though. I still like it)
I've managed to hit the Forerunner of the Empire, Raptor Hatchling, Make a Stand, and Truefire Captain combo a few times in Arena (it takes forever to go through the combo, especially if the opponent has a lot of life, haha).
There is something odd about the way the triggers stack in MTG Arena when you try to hit the Bellowing Aegisaur, Forerunner of the Empire, Raptor Hatchling, and Make a Stand combo. The Aegisaur's triggers go on the stack, but I guess the Hatchling taking damage and pooping out a dude and then the Forerunner pinging everything for one take priority over the Aegisaur's +1/+1 counter trigger. What this means is that your tokens never get the counters and therefor they die to the Forerunner's infinite pings. I suppose if I were to stop the combo (by choosing not to trigger the Forerunner's damage to everything) then the Hatchling would stop putting Dinos on the field and then all the Aegisaur's triggers would be allowed to resolve, loading up the Forerunner, Hatchling, and the two tokens that remain on the field with counters equal to the number of times you let the combo fire off. This is not ideal, but could be enough to close out a game, especially since the remaining tokens have trample
I found a few Reddit posts where folks said that the ability to order triggers is coming to MTG Arena, so I guess I have that to look forward to.
I'm currently testing with some lifegain strategies to try and keep up with quicker decks while I try to build my combos. Currently I am trying Healer's Hawk and Bishop's Soldier in place of the Sky Terror and Relentless Raptor, but I also like the idea of keeping the Relentless Raptor and throwing in the enchantment Squire's Devotion. I like the flow of Turn Two: Relentless Raptor, Turn Three: Squire's Devotion, Swing, gain four life. It puts the raptor out of Lightning Strike range, and would probably be able to square up nicely with most of what an opponent would have out by turn three.
I am also considering the Fountain of Renewal and Dawn of Hope combo to draw cards and churn out dudes, but I think I would be better off with early bodies on the field to keep me safe while assembling my combo.
4 months ago
I took it to my LGS tonight and found some folks playtesting standard decks, so I jumped in with them and gave this deck a whirl. I was only able to play it against one dude who was running an Izzet burn/control deck. I was pretty sure that it would be a really bad matchup for this deck that is so reliant on critters being on the field and spells resolving, but it ended up doing very well. We played three matches and I won two of them. The first game I won I hit the Truefire Captain and Star of Extinction combo. He really did not like that one bit. The second time I won was with infinite tokens infinitely large with a Forerunner of the Empire, Raptor Hatchling Bellowing Aegisaur and Chance for Glory. He didn't like that either. The cool thing was that once he saw the combo with Truefire Captain and Star of Extinction he was gunning hard for the Captain so I kept playing them to soak up his removal while I was able to resolve and keep everything else I needed to hit the second combo that won me the second game.
I'm feeling pretty good about it. There are enough cards in the deck that make my things indestructible (Make a Stand, Sheltering Light) that I was able to keep up with his burn spells, or at least make him use two or three spells to get rid of my things.
It's working! I'll keep playtesting, but I guess the next big step is to take to FNM and see how it do.
Thanks everyone for the support and feedback. Thanks BaneOfLordran for the heads up about Star of Extinction and thanks Apex_killjoy02 for the recommendation about Treasure Map Flip. You were right. That card is so good at digging for the good stuff. Also I get to use my shiny Dino/Treasure token that was the FNM promo during the Ixalan and Rivals blocks of standard, which felt nice haha.
4 months ago
I built it!
I did not get to play it at FNM tonight. I got off work late, but I stopped by my LGS and bought/traded for the pieces I still needed and put it together and was able to play against the employee at the store who was running an Abzan Land Destruction deck. We played two rounds and I nearly won with the Star of Extinction / Truefire Captain combo. I got too excited to cast it and tapped out. I should have waited one more turn, played the plains in my hand and then cast it so I could use Sheltering Light to keep the Captain from being blown up by a removal spell. I won the next game with Truefire Captain mentoring a Sky Terror. Never was able to hit my combo pieces because at the time several were missing (I had to trade for the Chance for Glorys.
I did end up clearing out 8 or 9 creatures with Star of Extinction and I was playing on the shop counter. On display beneath me was a Firesong and Sunspeaker for $2.50. I did the math and figured that if I had one of those on the field when I cast my Star of Extinction I would have ended that turn with 160 or 180 extra life... so I bought it. I am only running one as a trial for funsies, but I did go down to two Bellowing Aegisaurs and up to three Star of Extinctions to be able to maximize its potential. I don't want the deck to lose focus and get muddied up, but I think this could be an ok addition. It was certainly worth a couple bucks for me to try it out.
I am also looking at building this deck on MTG Arena. I think that this type of deck would lend itself very well to the "Best of One" format on MTG Arena. Just a few wild cards away from being able to make that happen.
Bellowing Aegisaur occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0,03%
RGW (Naya): 1,33%