|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Liege of the Tangle
Creature — Elemental
Whenever Liege of the Tangle deals combat damage to a player, you may choose any number of target lands you control and put an awakening counter on each of them. Each of those lands is an 8/8 green Elemental creature for as long as it has an awakening counter on it. They're still lands.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||gildan_bladeborn , rebelteddybear , davir , sneferie , 8vomit , Pelli , sonnet666 , golgarigirl , ChrisH , switchkill65 , Antiat , Nemesis , Auriel , MrCrazzyc|
Liege of the Tangle Discussion
4 days ago
Hi these are in my opinion some bad card choices for your deck.
- Library of Leng it's just simply a worse option than Reliquary Tower or Thought Vessel.
- Ghirapur Orrery you shouldn't use this having green. You can just use Exploration for the additional land drops, its way cheaper to cast and only benefits yourself. You wont use the second ability of the orrery because you will draw a lot of cards from Gitrog (that's why you made it your commander) so you're just helping your oponents. There are also many creatures that allow you to play additional lands.
- Dark Heart of the Wood You can only sacrifice Forests and the 3 lifes doesn't seem to be worth it.
- Rites of Flourishing Once againg helping others more that yourself. You'll already be drawing more cards that your oponents and there are better ways to put lands on the battlefield.
- Overwhelming Stampede awesome card but feels it's on the wrong deck, you dont have many creatures, you won't be drawing it together with Avenger of Zendikar
- Decree of Pain and In Garruk's Wake two super high cost board wipes, you may not be able to cast them when you need a board wipe. There are many low cost budget options Bontu's Last Reckoning, Deadly Tempest, Life's Finale or Deathbringer Regent to name a few. Or you can have one tailored to Gitrog with Kindred Dominance there wont be many Horrors and Frogs on the Battlefield so you can be pretty sure it will destroy everything but Gitrog.
- Artisan's Sorrow A bit expensive for a Naturalize with Scry 2. I kinda like better for the same CMC those that give you a card Mystic Melting, Slice in Twain and Rending Vines (lower CMC, but a bit conditional). The most popular version of naturalize for EDH players is Krosan Grip but there are many options for you to explore.
- Grisly Spectacle a weak card in my opinion, milling your opponent a few cards is futile unless your game is milling them to death but if you are running it I gues it's because you dont have anything better. You have many options in black for removal, my favorite is Silence the Believers
- Ayumi, the Last Visitor If you are running this it's because your meta has a lot of legendary lands, even so it may be better for you to get some flyers, this card won't kill your oponent fast enough.
- Liege of the Tangle high cost slow and pray your oponents don't have a boar wipe in their hands once you turn your lands into creatures after you attack.
- Penumbra Spider I suppose flyers give you a hard time and that is why you run this. It gives you two blocks (as it will most likely die on each block) without really solving your problem. Deadly Recluse will keep more scary flyers away than you can countb (nobody wants to waste a perfectly good dragon on a CMC 2 common spider), Silklash Spider has a decent toughness and can hurricane those pesky flyers, Ishkanah, Grafwidow will put three extra bodies with Reach on the Battlefield or maybe what you need is a Whirlwind.
- Phage the Untouchable lovely card with lots of charisma but you can't give her Haste and Hexproof/Shroud with Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves she may be useless. You only have the Key to the City and Rogue's Passage to get her through the enemy lines. I hope she never gets flicked because you would lose the game.
You can check my own The Gitrog Monster deck Deadly Gitrog that capitalizes on Deathtouch (Gitrog's and many other deathtouchers in the deck) and has a lot of recursion to get some ideas. It works amazingly in my group. Many cards in your deck are also in mine.
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Also, Liege of the Tangle just seems like a premium green bomb that can fit pretty well in here.
I love the deck, Selvala is so much fun
1 month ago
don't forget one my best friends, Liege of the Tangle. (I may have a spare, actually.)
1 month ago
My Omnath is creature based and basicly element tribal but some cards IMO are a must with Omnath and one of them is Zendikar's Roil&Thromok the Insatiable&Liege of the Tangle for fun Also you could use Abundance to sift through junk. Parallel Lives for more Omnath tokens Grazing Gladehart for hp Rampaging Baloths&Jaddi Lifestrider just because. ENJOY
2 months ago
Liege of the Tangle for 8/8 Elemental tokens on your lands?
3 months ago
Maybe a tad short on cards eh? If you want big creatures Incandescent Soulstoke is sweet for that! There are a ton of good elementals like Liege of the Tangle which can make all of your lands into 8/8 creatures.