|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Premium Deck Series: Graveborn||Rare|
|Duels of the Planeswalkers||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elemental
At the beginning of each upkeep, put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Verdant Force Discussion
6 days ago
Thanks for all the feedback. These are really good suggestions and I'm incorporating them into the deck...
- I'll add in all the lands you suggest. I'm taking out mountains, and I am also taking out mountains for dual producing lands to mitigate the hit on my green mana. This makes some of my ramp spells less usefull.
- Earthcraft is insane and is going straight into the deck. I don't want to go infinite in this deck, so I'll pass on the Squirrel Nest (at least for now).
- I have a preference towards not playing Craterhoof Behemoth, but it is a great addition to the deck.
- I'll have to think about Eldrazi Monument. It would have to push out one of my other anthems, and I'm not sure I want to do that.
- Awakening Zone and From Beyond fits the deck very nicely. I'll replace Skyshroud Claim and Chancellor of the Forge for those. Better curve, better ramp, and more creatures.
- Ivy Lane Denizen is a pretty nice combo with Ulasht, but is also quite usefull with the doublers and the theme. He'll get a spot.
- I should probably just build an Marath, Will of the Wild deck, just to compare before I purchase ;)
- Mountain --> Fire-Lit Thicket. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Command Tower. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Mossfire Valley. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Skarrg, the Rage Pits. More trample for Ulasht
- Mountain --> Khalni Garden. Extra token
- Mountain --> Dryad Arbor. Counts as a creature for Ulasht
- Mountain --> Opal Palace. Makes Ulasht stronger later on
- Hornet Nest --> Earthcraft. Mana tricks for the win
- Chancellor of the Forge --> Ivy Lane Denizen
- Skyshroud Claim --> From Beyond. More allround for my needs (tokens and mana)
- Verdant Force --> Awakening Zone. More allorund for this deck (tokens and mana)
Cheers, and thanks again :)
3 weeks ago
Not sure how I didn't +1 this at all yet, but thanks for coming up with this deck! I actually made this deck as the first deck I have ever owned for EDH. I made a few minor changes to it that you might like as well that are generally just better options.
1 CMC lower and 3 lower toughness for both Hexproof and the ability to either make Mimeoplasm pseudo unblockable, enable Mimeoplasm to be pseudo unblockable, and/or enable your entire field to be pseudo unblockable (especially off living death). Need more be said?
I saw that you were looking at this one already, and I would say its worth it putting it in. While it is a bit weaker body and 1 CMC higher, everything on your field can't be touched by targeting, and your opponents stuff can be, which opens them up to Avatar of Woe other people taking out their stuff (usually their commander).
Unless you are going to play something from another color, this is strictly better in every way and cheaper.
The other things I changed were things you had already suggested on the maybeboard or just cheaper options, such as Invisible Stalker for Looter il-Kor and Command Tower for Dryad Arbor. Either way, thanks you so much for making the deck!
3 weeks ago
I like the idea of the deck. I'm a fan of spores and saprolings, and I think every deck with the theme should run Verdant Force. He is the ultimate saproling generator, and his enchantment, Verdant Embrace makes another creature his kindred spirit.
Nice looking deck!
4 weeks ago
sieht auf auf den ersten blick ganz gut aus. die wincon mit bonehoard + jarad und das thema um sacrifising. wichtig sind Blood Artist, Falkenrath Noble, Zulaport Cutthroat usw. msstest trotzdem zum einen die curve runterbekommen und zum anderen viel ramp adden. Verdant Force wrde ich da rausnehmen, macht viel zu wenig fr die irren manakosten. golgari hat grn, das sollte man auch nutzen und mehr rampen. Rise from the Grave wrde ich cutten fr etwas a la Fertilid, Yavimaya Elder, Primal Druid oder Farhaven Elf, damit du das ausnutzen kannst mit reanimate.. in sachen sac outlets (mglichkeiten kreaturen zu opfern), du hast den high market schon, wrde dir raten noch zwischen Ashnod's Altar, Greater Good und Birthing Pod was rauszusuchen damit es nen weiteren bereich abdeckt, draw ist ganz wichtig eigentlich. weitere empfehlungen wren Harvester of Souls. eine mglichkeit ne infinite dmg combo zu spielen wre Mikaeus, the Unhallowed und Triskelion, wenn dir die karten nicht zu viel kosten.
1 month ago
Here are some cards that I might immediately cut:
Academy Elite, Aeon Chronicler, Bloodbraid Elf, Bogardan Hellkite, Breaker of Armies, Dragon Mage, Flameblast Dragon, Hamletback Goliath, Hermit of the Natterknolls Flip, Horizon Chimera, Hypersonic Dragon, Inkwell Leviathan, Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur, Keranos, God of Storms, Kruphix, God of Horizons, Lorescale Coatl, Magus of the Future, Melek, Izzet Paragon, Memnarch, Mindwrack Liege, Murkfiend Liege, Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind, Nylea, God of the Hunt, Psychosis Crawler, Purphoros, God of the Forge, Quicksilver Gargantuan, Rishkar, Peema Renegade, Scute Mob, Servant of the Conduit, Shipbreaker Kraken, Simic Sky Swallower, Somberwald Stag, Spellbreaker Behemoth, Spellheart Chimera, Surrak Dragonclaw, Talrand, Sky Summoner, Thassa, God of the Sea, Thromok the Insatiable, Tireless Tracker, Verdant Force, Vexing Shusher, Wall of Blossoms, Whisperwood Elemental, Wistful Selkie, Xenagos, God of Revels, Clan Defiance, Crater's Claws, Devastation Tide, Minds Aglow, Mizzix's Mastery, Reforge the Soul, Release the Gremlins, Seismic Stomp, Shamanic Revelation, Sylvan Scrying, Traverse the Ulvenwald, Unexpected Results, Urban Evolution, Volcanic Vision, Wheel of Fate, Arcane Denial, Clip Wings, Counterflux, Counterspell, Cyclonic Rift, Desertion, Disallow, Disdainful Stroke, Evacuation, Heroic Intervention, Insidious Will, Krosan Grip, Naturalize, Negate, Plasm Capture, Sulfurous Blast, Trap Essence, Turn Aside, Unsubstantiate, Visions of Beyond, Void Shatter, Voidslime, and TBH there are simply too many things to cut to list them all because my fingers are getting tired. I'd cut most of your planeswalkers, most of your non-ramp artifacts, and most of your enchantments.
My primary piece of advice here is that 1) You really should choose to prioritize abusing creatures OR spells, not both, because there are simply too few slots, and 2) you want your spells/creatures to do things in multiples. You don't need too much draw here because your mana is tied up doubling splashy spells, but you need a heck of a lot of mana ramp to keep up.
I don't mean to sound curt, sorry :( Hope this was at least a bit helpful! I agree with Lilbrudder that it's simply too many cards to reasonably cut down, and that you should take a little time and find a focus for the deck.
1 month ago
1 month ago
1 month ago
So I'd say that you want more token support in this deck. Also Given the low CMC, I'd say you can take out a land and go 35 lands. Given that, I'd say add Parallel Lives in. Doubles the tokens from any source, which is kinda ridiculous. I'd also say instead of Secure the Wastes put in Martial Coup as it also doubles as a board wipe.
Also, the cost for Titanic Ultimatum seems to be too expensive and mana specific for just about any deck. Instead, something that sticks around and remains a threat is Legion Loyalist while only costs one mana. Triumph of the Hordes also acts as a finisher in an incredibly dirty way as well.
Vandalblast also takes care of any and all artifacts opponents have, so does a good job stopping artifacts from becoming more of a threat. I'd put that in over Growing Ranks as Growing Ranks only nets you at most one creature a turn and that is not very beneficial when the creature it makes is a small token. If you were making Angels or Wurms, I'd say it would be worth having it in.
I would like to see the Purph+Tempt combo, but I know you aren't putting that in. :'(