|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Premium Deck Series: Graveborn||Rare|
|Duels of the Planeswalkers||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elemental
At the beginning of each upkeep, put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||Zhorus_The_Bauqret , DarkMagician , bakeraj4 , HR19 , Dr.Jackel , Tiddilywinkus , pskinn01 , maR2307 , Dr_Jay , Nemesis , Swamy , dplerner , rakdos24 , GeminiSpartanX , Psycheretic , Pylioz|
Verdant Force Discussion
11 hours ago
2 weeks ago
Hello there as a fellow Meren enthusiast I feel I may have some advice for you. You certainly have a lot of creatures and while Momma Meren loves her some creatures I feel as though you have a few too many. Verdant Force is a prime example of a card of which there are better options in the form of enchantments like how you have From Beyond in your maybeboard. It is much better because it m=has more survivability and it costs less. Another card that plays off of that is Awakening Zone. Both create tokens that Meren can sac. A few other creatures that are in my experience under performers are Great Oak Guardian, Vulturous Zombie, Centaur Vinecrasher, Cloudthresher, Kessig Cagebreakers terastadonBlood Bairn, Apocalypse Demon, Sifter Wurm, Hooded Assassin. They have a high cmc and/ or don't really do all that much. A few options for replacements would be things like Dictate of Erebos, Black Market, Diabolic Tutor, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Reclamation Sage, Beseech the Queen, Animate Dead, Strionic Resonator, Spore Frog(a champion of a Meren deck is this frog let me tell you), Viscera Seer, Merciless Executioner, Fleshbag Marauder, Buried Alive, Eldritch Evolution, Blood Artist, Zulaport Cutthroat, Beast Within, Pawn of Ulamog, Sifter of Skulls, Evolutionary Leap, Gonti, Lord of Luxury, Smothering Abomination, Living Death. They offer Meren much more support and help you get the most value out of what you got going on. Because when you have too many creatures the lack of support spells like the ones mentioned above can really slow you down and make you more vulnerable to board wipes and the like and limit your potential wincons. I would also heavily consider Dictate of Erebos over some of the curses because it can just do a lot of work for you. Another thing I noticed is you have Dredge listed in your tag list and I don't really see that much of a Dredge-y presence in the deck. Those are just some thoughts I have after playing both Budget and Much more Expensive versions of Meren for quite a while. But if you don't like what I have to say that's cool. I don't mean to offend at all. And ultimately the choices are your's anyways. So please tell me your thoughts on what I brought up!
Also here is my take on budget Meren that I mentioned earlier. Who Needs $200+ Dollar Decks???
1 month ago
Being able to flash or instant creatures in on other players turns would max your card draw. Verdant Force for example.
1 month ago
How has Veldalken orrery been testing? It seems like one of the weaker options atm
As far as cuts go, I might suggest Verdant Force, Mazerek, either of the Lillianas, especially of the veil in commander, Birds of Paradise,and Mulch as these are the cards that seem to be the weakest in this format and in your deck.
2 months ago
Okay, so I like the ramp that is in there, but I think you could leverage some things for late game that aren't currently in the deck, mainly Songs of the Damned, but in that vein, you should probably have a Dark Ritual or something akin to that in there too.
I think you'll need some answers if someone smacks you with a Melira, Sylvok Outcast or Thief of Blood (you know I have both lmao). With that, you could add a few from: Ultimate Price, Victim of Night, Terror, or Dark Banishing. If you really want a end-game winning spell, there is also always Plague Wind, but I really doubt you'll need it. I think you'll be wiping out most stuff pretty easily.
Things you have in your maybe board that I think are worth it: Deity of Scars, Awakening Zone, and Grim Affliction.
I think you can safely cut: Tamiyo's Journal, Tireless Tracker, Regal Force, From Beyond, Zulaport Cutthroat, and Wretched Confluence.
I get the appeal of the snake tribal. If you want to expand it, there's Snake Pit and Sakura-Tribe Elder. But, as it is, I think cutting it honestly wouldn't hurt you too much. Otherwise, I think you should expand it to really take advantage of tribal (Coat of Arms type things).
Other things I thought of looking though this you could add: Traverse the Ulvenwald, Mycoloth, Verdant Force, Regrowth, and Pathbreaker Ibex.
3 months ago
Thanks for all the feedback. These are really good suggestions and I'm incorporating them into the deck...
- I'll add in all the lands you suggest. I'm taking out mountains, and I am also taking out mountains for dual producing lands to mitigate the hit on my green mana. This makes some of my ramp spells less usefull.
- Earthcraft is insane and is going straight into the deck. I don't want to go infinite in this deck, so I'll pass on the Squirrel Nest (at least for now).
- I have a preference towards not playing Craterhoof Behemoth, but it is a great addition to the deck.
- I'll have to think about Eldrazi Monument. It would have to push out one of my other anthems, and I'm not sure I want to do that.
- Awakening Zone and From Beyond fits the deck very nicely. I'll replace Skyshroud Claim and Chancellor of the Forge for those. Better curve, better ramp, and more creatures.
- Ivy Lane Denizen is a pretty nice combo with Ulasht, but is also quite usefull with the doublers and the theme. He'll get a spot.
- I should probably just build an Marath, Will of the Wild deck, just to compare before I purchase ;)
- Mountain --> Fire-Lit Thicket. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Command Tower. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Mossfire Valley. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Skarrg, the Rage Pits. More trample for Ulasht
- Mountain --> Khalni Garden. Extra token
- Mountain --> Dryad Arbor. Counts as a creature for Ulasht
- Mountain --> Opal Palace. Makes Ulasht stronger later on
- Hornet Nest --> Earthcraft. Mana tricks for the win
- Chancellor of the Forge --> Ivy Lane Denizen
- Skyshroud Claim --> From Beyond. More allround for my needs (tokens and mana)
- Verdant Force --> Awakening Zone. More allorund for this deck (tokens and mana)
Cheers, and thanks again :)
4 months ago
Not sure how I didn't +1 this at all yet, but thanks for coming up with this deck! I actually made this deck as the first deck I have ever owned for EDH. I made a few minor changes to it that you might like as well that are generally just better options.
1 CMC lower and 3 lower toughness for both Hexproof and the ability to either make Mimeoplasm pseudo unblockable, enable Mimeoplasm to be pseudo unblockable, and/or enable your entire field to be pseudo unblockable (especially off living death). Need more be said?
I saw that you were looking at this one already, and I would say its worth it putting it in. While it is a bit weaker body and 1 CMC higher, everything on your field can't be touched by targeting, and your opponents stuff can be, which opens them up to Avatar of Woe other people taking out their stuff (usually their commander).
Unless you are going to play something from another color, this is strictly better in every way and cheaper.
The other things I changed were things you had already suggested on the maybeboard or just cheaper options, such as Invisible Stalker for Looter il-Kor and Command Tower for Dryad Arbor. Either way, thanks you so much for making the deck!
4 months ago
I like the idea of the deck. I'm a fan of spores and saprolings, and I think every deck with the theme should run Verdant Force. He is the ultimate saproling generator, and his enchantment, Verdant Embrace makes another creature his kindred spirit.
Nice looking deck!