|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
To the Slaughter
Target player sacrifices a creature or planeswalker.
Delirium — If there are four or more card types among cards in your graveyard, instead that player sacrifices a creature and a planeswalker.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (29)||NobleSlay3r , Vasbear1 , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , killstars , TheRealPeaches , saj0219 , , Spinalripper , NixterFenix , Orypool , Epidilius , NCN946 , BladeMasta220 , MattN7498 , Va1mar , philktoken8998 , golgarigirl , TheRealSpecialK , tragic_slip , Dr.Jackel , Lindough , DrPopular , carsickpanda273 , Rez09 , mentor6 , Dr_Doomtrain , KB2187 , sneferie , Famicomania|
|Want (5)||flipdipple , Roanoke , cybertop , 95civicdude , Ariumlegion|
To the Slaughter Discussion
2 months ago
Toshi is a dude I have ALWAYS wanted to make work somehow, as this super corner case, pseudo-Snapcaster effect.
6 months ago
Here's my take on your Mono Black deck utilizing swamps. It's basically a creature control deck with tons of removal spells with life drain as your wincon. However, when you're up against control, the sideboard changes the deck into hand disruption and aggressive creatures.
(1) Damnable Pact
(4) Doom Blade
(4) Sign in Blood
(1) To the Slaughter
(2) Ruinous Path
(4) Read the Bones
8 months ago
Except that two Knight Exemplars do grant each other indestructible, so neither die to Anger of the Gods. In order to lose your board state your opponent would need to play exile (like Settle the Wreckage or Vraska's Contempt), bounce (like Unsummon or River's Rebuke), sacrifice (like To the Slaughter or All Is Dust), or return to library (like Condemn or AEtherspouts).
8 months ago
I'm surprised not to see it in more deck lists.
It's similar to To the Slaughter, which saw a bit of play.
8 months ago
Fluffy_Squid, you know, before rotation, one of my biggest problems was Bristling Hydra so I ran To the Slaughter as a pretty good edict effect against it. Now in Ixalan, I cannot find a good enough replacement for it in the colors that I'm using. Bontu's Last Reckoning and Doomfall could both put in some work, or I could Lost Legacy naming Carnage Tyrant game 2 if I lose to it game 1.
9 months ago
One of the cards I'm going to miss most is To the Slaughter...that card has saved me more times I can count against Hydras and Gods...Now even more so with Enrage abilities.
10 months ago
Nice to see someone else trying to keep alive the MBC in Standard (if you want to, take a look at mine MBC - Ideas are welcome! Standard MBC!!)
I'll leave my 2 cents, based in results I'm having these days, facing the current meta:
- A main sweeper is essencial theses days. Ramunap reds, Zombies and UW Monuments have a good share of the current meta. I'm using 2x Yahenni's Expertise and 1x Bontu's Last Reckoning (this one have a strong downside, but was a game changing several times)
- I've tried Doomfall instead of To the Slaughter. Beside the sorcery speed, can be used for discard when facing control opponents. And delirium is something hard to archieve with monoblack.
- 4 copies of Liliana, the Last Hope isnt causing some overdraw sometimes?
- Thought-Knot Seer has been proved very huge. Discard (exiling) leaving a beefy body have put Knot Seer in lots of Legacy lists. Maybe deserves a room in a STD control deck. The con is have to add colorless mana in deck. Nothing that 4x Ifnir Deadlands (very synergic with the deck) not solves.
Asking for advices:
- Harsh Scrutiny or Lay Bare the Heart? I choose the last one for being more wide, but I can see the benefits of a Harsh Scrutiny on turn 1.
- I like the idea of Gifted Aetherborn. Im using Asylum Visitor for card advantage (its commom to run out of cards with so many removals - I use a little bit more than you do). And with 9 discards cards in main, empty my opponents hand happens very often too.
Well, hope the deck increases its share in meta! MBC is an archetype (such mono-red aggro) thats deserves always a place.
10 months ago
I didn't have a problem, but I used 2 Essence Extraction in the side for them. The extra life really mattered as they deminished their burn spells, and it's a pretty good flashback target for Gearhulk.
To the Slaughter, Hour of Devastation , and Grasp of Darkness take care of Hazoret the Fervent. Grasp is also really good against Glorybringer, so I'd recommend holding onto that if all possible until you see one of those two.
I top 8'd my game day. Temur Energy ended up winning against Ramunap Red. I got beat by a WB Eldrazi deck LOL, then he got slapped by the red deck.