Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Search your library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
2 months ago
Added the following
- Beneath the Sands
- Emergent Sequence
- Explosive Vegetation
- Far Wanderings
- Beanstalk Giant
- Grow from the Ashes
- Growth Spasm
- Harvest Season
- Kodama's Reach
- Map the Wastes
- Migration Path
- Spring / Mind
- Natural Connection
- Nissa's Renewal
- Path to the Festival
- Primal Growth
- Rampant Growth
- Reshape the Earth
- Search for Tomorrow
- Spoils of Victory
- Untamed Wilds
6 months ago
1 year ago
Overall though, sweet deck; I'm just starting work on my own lands/sac deck, since they're some of my favourite archetypes.
1 year ago
Other Cards that you could consider cutting
- Ondu Giant => Seedguide Ash this card is one more mana expsive and has to die inorder to get the lands, but could be such a good upside. This dieing with your commander reads ramp 3 draw 3 cards and gain 3 life
- Soratami Mirror-Guard I get what you are doing here, but I feel like there are better payoffs for this
- Timbermaw Larva => Rampaging Brontodon trample is 1,000% better on this card
- Wakeroot Elemental 5 greens for a 5/5? way overcosted
- Wave-Wing Elemental again similar argument to Windrider Eel not that big of an impact
- Wild Wanderer good but could have better options
- Aetherflux Reservoir I know this is good in commander but why? No synergy at all, there has to be a better card slot here
- Elixir of Immortality I used to put this in all of my decks too, but it is counter productive to your stragay with cards like Splendid Reclamation and The Mending of Dominaria
- Wayfarer's Bauble There is better ramp than this in green
- I see why you have Jiang Yanggu but I feel like there is stronger cards than that. I cut the card to tutor Journey for the Elixir for him sorry :(
- There are a bunch of other better than Ranger's Path you could add, I'll show them in the recommendations
- Future Sight and Ominous Seas both seem strange here. I get future sight can draw cards, BUT I feel you should use mana sinks rather than off the top of your library draw
- Ghostly Flicker is on thin ice, like yes you have all the etb creatures but sometimes it is a dead card. meh at best?
Other Cards that you could consider adding
This is where the fun begins and your wallet cries
- You want Nissa, Who Shakes the World great card, it is a mana doubler ramp, and also you just win with the ultimate
- I heard you like ramp try Tireless Provisioner and pick up one for me while you are at it please
- Here is a gaint list of green ramp Harrow , Growth Spiral , Explore , Khalni Heart Expedition , Roiling Regrowth , Grow from the Ashes , Urban Evolution , Migration Path , Natural Connection , Nissa's Renewal , Nylea's Intervention , Spring / Mind , Animist's Awakening , Omen of the Hunt
- Keeping your life total at a high level Kazandu Nectarpot , Grazing Gladehart , Retreat to Kazandu , Jaddi Offshoot
- Mana Sinks, you are going to have a lot of mana, might as well do something with it Kamahl's Druidic Vow ummm.... yes? Kefnet the Mindful one of my favorite Gods, that doesn't have a place. I look forward to getting attacked by him Sprout Swarm it is really easy for this card to be "free"
That is all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure I'll have more la
2 years ago
Hey, good upgrades of the precon. Interesting version with lots of creatures. I've been playing Kalamax on a budget since he was released and I personally prefer less creatures and more instants/sorceries. My version is very different than yours, but I have some suggestions of how you can improve your version.
Cards from the precon to consider adding:
Kessig Wolf Run is one of the better support lands with Kalamax since it can a repeatable source of trample. Getting both Run and Encampment or Settlement with Crop Rotation is nice. Run is a land upgrade for Sapseep Forest. Harrow is one of the better land ramp spells with Kalamax because you sac one land to search for four basic lands of your choice and put them onto the battlefield untapped. Getting the basic lands untapped gives you mana to cast a spell on an opponent's turn and that's really the strength of Kalamax. Harrow is better than Natural Connection.
Primal Empathy is a fine repeatable draw source since Kalamax is going to most likely be the biggest creature on the battlefield and if he isn't then put another counter on him to make him bigger. The three Bounce lands are good budget lands that are upgrades for Guildgates and Life lands (Rugged Highlands).
Some cards to consider adding:
- Narset's Reversal
- Shared Summons
- Wavebreak Hippocamp
- Cultivator's Caravan
- Sprite Dragon
- Paradise Druid
Narset's Reversal is powerful with Kalamax since it can be a repeatable instant. You can return the original Reversal back to your hand with the copy of Reversal that Kalamax makes and still get a copy of opponent's or your own instant/sorcery you first copied. The repeatable interaction is nice with Guttersnipe and other creatures who ping your opponents. Reversal could replace Volcanic Geyser.
Shared Summons is an instant creature tutor that can get any two different creatures. With Kalamax it can tutor for four different creatures. Summons could replace Whiplash Trap. Wavebreak Hippocamp could replace Lunar Mystic. It's one less mana and the draw is repeatable for no mana cost. Sprite Dragon is a upgrade for Spellgorger Weird. It's one less mana and has evasion flying to take more advantage of having a lot of counters.
Paradise Druid can tap to make any color of mana and can use this mana to cast any card. Paradise is a ramp upgrade for Vodalian Arcanist. Cultivator's Caravan is an upgrade for a three drop mana rock because of crew 3 which is a repeatable way at instant speed tap Kalamax.
Good luck with your deck.
2 years ago
Hey, good version/first attempt of Kalamax and nice deck description.
With a $400 budget I think you can afford to cut some basic lands for more dual lands that ETB untapped: Stomping Ground, Cascade Bluffs, Shivan Reef, Karplusan Forest, Flooded Grove, Fire-Lit Thicket. Bluffs is very helpful since it can make or , important combinations to cast spells for Kalamax. Holdout Settlement and Survivors' Encampment are unique lands with Kalamax because like Springleaf Drum they can tap Kalamax to make mana. Best of all either one can be tutored for with Crop Rotation and are busted interaction with Kalamax and Seedborn Muse.
You've left out one of the better combos with Kalamax: Ral, Storm Conduit + Kalamax + any instant Fork. You've added a Doublecast step to the combo which you don't need to do. By copying an instant Fork with Kalamax then you make an infinite instant copy loop with the Fork which kills your opponents one at a time with damage from Ral.
Can't use Narset's Reversal as the Fork because of the "return to owner's hand" clause. Reversal can be a repeatable Fork with Kalamax which can be ridiculous value, but it's not a Fork that can make an instant copy loop. Reverberate is another instant Fork and it could replace Doublecast.
Melek, Izzet Paragon and Swarm Intelligence are not needed for six and seven mana. Could cut them for Arcane Signet and Wavebreak Hippocamp. Natural Connection is too slow ramp with not enough payoff with Kalamax. It could be cut for Nature's Lore which is two drop ramp that can get Triome, Breeding or Stomping and the Shock land can ETB untapped.
Good luck with your deck.
2 years ago
As an enchantment deck, I think Might of Oaks and Giant Growth can be replaced with an enchantment that is equal, if not superior, like Armor of Thorns or Hydra's Growth. I think your Natural Connection has better alternatives, there's far better spell based ramp, and you should use an enchantment, like Sheltered Aerie.
Cool deck though! Definitely like Sight of the Scalelords and Oath of the Ancient Wood. Have you considered Nylea's Colossus? You have far more ramp than my deck does, so it could be an absolute all-star in here.