Creature — Elf Druid
When Wild Wanderer enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Wild Wanderer Discussion
2 months ago
Other Cards that you could consider cutting
- Ondu Giant => Seedguide Ash this card is one more mana expsive and has to die inorder to get the lands, but could be such a good upside. This dieing with your commander reads ramp 3 draw 3 cards and gain 3 life
- Soratami Mirror-Guard I get what you are doing here, but I feel like there are better payoffs for this
- Timbermaw Larva => Rampaging Brontodon trample is 1,000% better on this card
- Wakeroot Elemental 5 greens for a 5/5? way overcosted
- Wave-Wing Elemental again similar argument to Windrider Eel not that big of an impact
- Wild Wanderer good but could have better options
- Aetherflux Reservoir I know this is good in commander but why? No synergy at all, there has to be a better card slot here
- Elixir of Immortality I used to put this in all of my decks too, but it is counter productive to your stragay with cards like Splendid Reclamation and The Mending of Dominaria
- Wayfarer's Bauble There is better ramp than this in green
- I see why you have Jiang Yanggu but I feel like there is stronger cards than that. I cut the card to tutor Journey for the Elixir for him sorry :(
- There are a bunch of other better than Ranger's Path you could add, I'll show them in the recommendations
- Future Sight and Ominous Seas both seem strange here. I get future sight can draw cards, BUT I feel you should use mana sinks rather than off the top of your library draw
- Ghostly Flicker is on thin ice, like yes you have all the etb creatures but sometimes it is a dead card. meh at best?
Other Cards that you could consider adding
This is where the fun begins and your wallet cries
- You want Nissa, Who Shakes the World great card, it is a mana doubler ramp, and also you just win with the ultimate
- I heard you like ramp try Tireless Provisioner and pick up one for me while you are at it please
- Here is a gaint list of green ramp Harrow , Growth Spiral , Explore , Khalni Heart Expedition , Roiling Regrowth , Grow from the Ashes , Urban Evolution , Migration Path , Natural Connection , Nissa's Renewal , Nylea's Intervention , Spring / Mind , Animist's Awakening , Omen of the Hunt
- Keeping your life total at a high level Kazandu Nectarpot , Grazing Gladehart , Retreat to Kazandu , Jaddi Offshoot
- Mana Sinks, you are going to have a lot of mana, might as well do something with it Kamahl's Druidic Vow ummm.... yes? Kefnet the Mindful one of my favorite Gods, that doesn't have a place. I look forward to getting attacked by him Sprout Swarm it is really easy for this card to be "free"
That is all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure I'll have more la
5 months ago
Hi, first of all, I like the simplicity of this Deck. Lathril, Blade of the Elves has the colour identity green and black (gb). Unfortunately hybrid mana, like the mana for Rhys the Redeemed and Growing Ranks gives both colours to the colour identity of a card, so that these two cards are regarded green and white cards and are therefor illegal in a Lathril deck. (If your playgroup ignores that, which is you right to do, ignore that.)
Since you propably want to attack with Lathril, you'll want to protect her. The two most basics cards to do that would be Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots , although they are not vrey flavourful. You could also improve her first effect by giving her double strike (i.e. with Fireshrieker ), which would result in triggering the effect twice per attack.
An additional Elf, I would recommend, is Fauna Shaman . With that you can search you library for more important elves. The following cards would greatly improve the deck, but are also pretty expensive moneywise, are Kindred Dominance , Kindred Summons and Doubling Season .
If you want to protect your whole board (at least for a single time) you could add Druid's Deliverance .
I hope I could help you a little.
Have fun with your deck
1 year ago
This is so cool! Have you considered Rapacious One instead of Essence Feed? Maybe Ashnod's Altar? I feel like the altar would be able to net you twice the mana from your eldrazi spawn and can also provide on-demand death to your creatures, and a hit from Rapacious One can easily advance your board state towards something powerful and repeatable.
Your land base looks good, however Korvold especially benefits from lands that can sacrifice themselves. Fetch lands like Wooded Foothills, Verdant Catacombs, Bloodstained Mire, Windswept Heath, Misty Rainforest,Prismatic Vista, Scalding Tarn and Polluted Delta could really speed up your mana base and let you draw cards at the same time! I get that they may be out of budget- proxies are always an option if your playgroup is cool with them. Additional lands like Spawning Bed, Lotus Field, Jund Panorama, Blighted Woodland and Fabled Passage work well too.
Harrow instead of Wild Wanderer would fit your sacrifice theme. Pitiless Plunderer would give you double value while Broodwarden only buffs some of your creatures. You're not really winning with spawn, and a lot of your best eldrazi produce scions anyway.
I like your removal package, but I feel like there are some unneeded spells that can also be cut for ramp/removal. Things like Fog, Spawning Breath, Prismatic Omen, and Wave of Vitriol don't really advance your game plan (at least not as much as you'd like them to), and I think things such as Breaker of Armies, Nature's Lore, and Corpsehatch, and Commander's Sphere would work some wonders.
This is a super cool concept and I'm eager to see it in the future. I hope this helps!
1 year ago
Since i'd rather have less efficient land fecthing creatures (ETB effects) than more efficient land fetching sorceries, Im making the following update:
1 year ago
The deck's average cmc is pretty high in the first place, so knocking it down a bit couldn't necessarily hurt. At the very least consider replacing Wild Wanderer and/or Ondu Giant with some more efficient artifact ramp. You could also be running talismans and signets over less potent, less efficient, and altogether weaker cards, such as Darksteel Ingot, for example.
1 year ago
Wild Wanderer seems somewhat weak. If you're really intent on having a creature with that effect in addition to the Farhaven Elf already present in your list, I'd recommend Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip. Yes, they can both be cascaded into by Maelstrom Wanderer, if that's the manner in which you're aiming to utilize them, though that wouldn't appear to be the case, and yes, Nissa only grabs basic Forests as opposed to any manner of basic, yet that seems to be the basic land you're running the most of in the first place. In my opinion, Nissa's a pretty significant upgrade compared to Wild Wanderer. Another suggestion for a card with which one could potentially replace Wild Wanderer, though it doesn't ramp you (though who still wants to be ramping one pip with an otherwise low-impact four drop anyway?) would be Man-o'-War.
2 years ago
That I did! I removed Wild Wanderer to make space for it, I'll update it now
2 years ago
I have shifted towards more token generation, and added Deep Forest Hermit due to its budget price and good value for mana cost, as well as Hornet Queen for valuable blocker generation. Replacing one of these two, or possibly Wild Wanderer , would make room for Frilled Mystic . I am still looking for a card to switch with Dead of Winter as well.