Legendary Creature — Elder Dragon
Dragonlord Dromoka can't be countered.
Your opponents can't cast spells during your turn.
|Want (2)||vane000 , sedhyran72|
Printings View all
|Dragons of Tarkir (DTK)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
- Does Cerulean Wisps completely change the color or just add it?
- Does a legendary card creatures unique rule apply to the card name or type
- Lethal Damage vs. Lifelinking Blockers
- Can I have any Dragonlord with it past form on battlefield?
- Can I cast a Spell in response to someone Playing Dragonlord Dromoka?
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Dragonlord Dromoka Discussion
1 day ago
Edit 2; I was going to ask about using Scion to copy Teneb, and then summon Teneb using Scion (as a copy of Teneb), but then worked it out while writing. The Scion/Teneb (and Savage Ventmaw I guess) combo is truly 300IQ, if someone tries to counter by, well, countering, or killing the Scion as it tries to transform, you can just trigger his copy ability and then bam, he is now Dragonlord Dromoka, so no casting for you. The only other consideration is if an ability of a permanent is the source of the damage, but then you could transform Scion into Silumgar, the Drifting Death.
On that note, if it were a tap ability in question could transforming Scion into Ojutai, Soul of Winter work? Or is it too late to use Ojutai's ability as attackers are already declared? Also a lot of this sit situational and taking into account whether or not this or that dragon is in the library, Graveyard, and/or not already preventing it by being on the battlefield, or making it impossible beacuse they are, and that you have enough land. And the whole fact someone is trying to stop you. But humor me, for I am inquisitive.
3 months ago
3 months ago
I always forget about Gilded Goose, so used to thinking of it as a Standard card. I do have Birds of Paradise already in there though. Easy to miss.
Since Grand Abolisher is in there for protection, I'd probably be more likely to switch it out for Dragonlord Dromoka if I can get my hands on her for a similar effect. Silumgar is good here though.
5 months ago
Add Grand Abolisher for redundancy maybe? Would you be up for the idea of Dragonlord Dromoka in the 99 instead? I ask because I think adding blue would help your intended strategy so you can add Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir, and Teferi, Time Raveler among others. As for a bant commander I cannot say at this time... I meant to read before bed not really make responses XD.
5 months ago
Control player here. I've talked at length elsewhere about how much I hate Teferi, Time Raveler, but this article has some good history and exploration on Teferi cards so let me try and present a more encompassing viewpoint.
What Teferi does, in context isolation, isn't an issue. It's existed before - on Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir - and that's considered a fine card. The beautiful aspect of Magic design is that practically every aspect of gameplay is open to attack - that's why we have spells like discard, land destruction, and so forth. The stack is no different in this regard.
3feri is a collection of smaller problems that adds up to one major problem:
- His static is asymmetrical. Prison static effects are usually symmetrical (Winter Orb, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben) for balance reasons - it means you can't just jam them into any deck, you have to build your deck to carefully break the symmetry of the prison. Now, asymmetrical static effects are a fine thing to have too, but have generally been higher costed (compare Leonin Arbiter and Aven Mindcensor) to account for this. 3feri is costed incredibly well for his power - years ago, a 1WU instant that matched his -3 would probably have been Standard playable!
- He comes in WU colors. This is a major point that I think is overlooked by many. If he was 1WG or 1RG instead of 1WU, we'd probably be looking at a card fair creature decks could board in against control decks. Which is totally fine, control hosers have existed forever and fair creature decks are always a welcome sight in Magic. But instead he's 1WU, so coupled with the asymmetry of the static, that means that this supposedly anti-control card fits into control shells. This has several unpleasant implications, including the once-amazing mirror matchup now being reduced to "resolve 3feri first ez game".
- He protects himself on the board with his -3. This gives him an amazing floor of being a pseudo 3cmc Time Walk, which is part of why he's so widely seen - because even against decks that don't particularly care about the static, he can still reset a threat while maintaining card neutrality (if they kill it with board presence) or advantage (if they use a spell to be rid of it). Contrast to the other widely-maligned curse walkers, Narset, Parter of Veils and Karn, the Great Creator - these do not protect themselves on board, making counterplay to the board much more feasible and the walkers themselves less of an auto-include.
- He doesn't say "opponents can't cast spells on your turn" like Dragonlord Dromoka or Grand Abolisher. He literally says opponents can cast spells only at sorcery speed. This has the side effect of shutting off a ton of random stuff like suspend, cascade, and other mechanics that were clearly never intended to be shut off by the static, but are anyways.
3feri isn't "broken" in the traditional sense of the term, and doesn't deserve a ban (most likely) on raw power level concerns. But he's one of the faces of this new, post-WAR era of Magic and is an unpleasant, constant thorn in gameplay across every format from Standard to Vintage. Even if you're playing a fair creature deck that cares little for the passive, he's a card-drawing bounce that serves as a strong tempo play (or, if he survives, you're now vulnerable to instant-speed wraths and discard), and if you're playing a stack-interaction deck, you either answer this guy on the stack yourself or you probably lose.
tl;dr He just represents everything that I (and many others) hate about the current design era of Magic.
5 months ago
With only 7 dragons I worry Lathliss, Dragon Queen on average won’t get me any tokens as 7/99 chance and three of the dragons are designed to pump out tokens. Would Drakuseth, Maw of Flames be a bad idea? I’ve never used him before but for some reason I’m super drawn to him
5 months ago
Hello Ziabo! I was doing some playtesting with your deck and thinking about my old Trostani deck that became a Ghired deck; here are my thoughts.
Privileged Position and/or Avacyn, Angel of Hope and/or Dragonlord Dromoka for protection.
Searchers for your wincons like: Enlightened Tutor a/o Idyllic Tutor a/o Open the Armory for your token doublers, your auras, a/o your Aetherflux Reservoir , a/o Helm of the Host.
Drop the guildgate for Temple Garden.
Altar of Dementia can be an altarnate wincon with your Midnight Guard + Presence of Gond loop; searchable with Enlightened Tutor . Lightning Greaves are good Seedborn Muse is good Smothering Tithe is great! Finale of Devastation is AMAZING!
Hope this helps :)