Creature — Cat Cleric
Artifacts you control have hexproof. (They can't be the targets of spells or abilities your opponents control.)
|Want (3)||tgger000 , RagnarokUnltd , Aglaras|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Leonin Abunas Discussion
1 month ago
TheVectornaut no worries about timing. There's no rush to build a good deck. I'm just glad to hear from you. Based on your descriptions I think the second option is where I want to go with this deck, but with some added self-mill so I can really build up options for osgir quickly. Here are some cards that are on the way that I am most likely going to add soon: Phyrexian Triniform (big creature that may work better than triplicate titan), Rings of Brighthearth (4 tokens instead of two with osgir), Blinkmoth Urn(big mana), Goblin Engineer (sac and tutor in one), Zirda, the Dawnwaker(more mana help) and Leonin Abunas (protection). I also am pretty sure I will get Coveted Jewel, Basalt Monolith, Jhoira's Familiar (mana help), Grinning Totem, Kuldotha Forgemaster, Oswald Fiddlebender (tutors), Urza's Bauble (draw). I think if I get these and drop the ones in the sideboard section the deck would have increased mana efficiency, more tutors, and overall just stronger. The last piece I think would be a Mesmeric Orb, Grinding Station, or Keening Stone to fill up faster because the current GY fill cards are just lacking. Let me know if you think these are good choices out of the maybe board to snag. Ill try to playtest the deck a bit more online to see as well. Thanks!
6 months ago
Wandering Archaic Flip is similar to a plainscycler but with more benefits. The creature half possessing an actual ability instead of a vanilla body and the spell half possibly being a 2-for-1 are things that have caught my attention.
1 year ago
Hey, nice version of Elsha. I saw your forum topic asking for help with cuts.
Six cards to cut to make 100 cards:
- Remember the Fallen: lackluster recursion.
- Danitha Capashen, Paragon: doesn't reduce all artifact casting costs only equipment which makes her not as good as other cost reducers since she doesn't work with the Top combo.
- Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin: creature who's not good enough to disrupt Elsha.
- Ghostly Prison: I don't think you need both Prison and Propaganda, one could be cut.
- Blackblade Reforged: only good if you have a lot of lands, but you don't want a lot of lands with Elsha.
- Basilisk Collar: not a fan unless you're playing ways to take advantage of deathtouch and you can get lifelink from better equipment.
When you want more cuts look to reducing some redundancy:
- Puresteel Paladin is much better than Brass Squire.
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation is much better than Leonin Abunas.
- Sword of Vengeance is better with Elsha than Sigiled Sword of Valeron and Batterskull for vigilance since also gives trample. Valeron is a supbar equipment for the same costs as Vengeance and Batterskull not giving evasion is a big drawback.
- Hammer of Nazahn is better than Darksteel Plate.
All the Swords in the cycle can be good for different budgets, but when you have the three better expensive price ones then you don't need to play the others. Sword of Body and Mind, Sword of War and Peace, Sword of Truth and Justice are not as good as the others and could be cut.
Some cards to consider adding:
- Enlightened Tutor, Whir of Invention, Reshape, Fabricate: tutor for an equipment or Top.
- Foundry Inspector, Cloud Key: other artifact mana cost reducers for the combo with Top.
- Izzet Signet, Azorius Signet, Boros Signet: add the Signets in place of lands.
- Jeskai Ascendancy: is like giving Elsha pseudo vigilance with instant speed surprise untap/pump her to block and draw.
Good luck with your deck.
1 year ago
Looks neat. You might like these: Aetherflux Reservoir, Staff of Nin, Angel's Trumpet, Ballista Charger, Talon of Pain, Blasting Station, Transmogrifying Licid, Sunbond, Light of Promise, Heliod, Sun-Crowned, Triskelion, Walking Ballista, Odric, Lunarch Marshal, Leonin Abunas, Dross Scorpion, Pitiless Plunderer
1 year ago
Leonin Abunas and Mana Echoes are both great reprints (especially with the new artwork on the abunas), but the fact that mana echoes was upgraded to a mythic rare is preposterous! It costs WotC the same amount of money to print their cards, regardless of what those cards are, so there is no rational explanation for why they are wasting rare and mythic spots on cards that do not need them. I am glad that ME is being reprinted, but the upgrade in rarity is ridiculous.
1 year ago
Nice list! You might like these: Bottled Cloister, Palace Jailer, Ugin, the Ineffable, Mentor of the Meek, Lapse of Certainty, Ravnica at War, Indomitable Archangel, Leonin Abunas, Colossus Hammer, Argentum Armor, Bloodforged Battle-Axe (great with Puresteel and Balan), Stone Haven Outfitter, Taj-Nar Swordsmith, Heraldic Banner, Aven Mindcensor, Windbrisk Heights
1 year ago
Giver of Runes creates some good protection redundancy. The swords of cycle are great, especially with double strike, but are pretty expensive. Same with scary cards like Enlightened Tutor, Stoneforge Mystic, Teferi's Protection, and Umezawa's Jitte. Again, they are good, but pricey. Scythe of the Wretched, Inquisitor's Flail, O-Naginata, and Nim Deathmantle are all great with Balan. Finally, Leonin Abunas protects your artifacts without having to turn on metalcraft.