Creature — Eldrazi Drone
Devoid (This card has no color.)
When Brood Butcher enters the battlefield, put a 1/1 colorless Eldrazi Scion creature token onto the battlefield. It has "Sacrifice this creature: Add to your mana pool."
, Sacrifice a creature: Target creature gets -2/-2/ until end of turn.
|Have (2)||metalmagic , gildan_bladeborn|
Printings View all
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Brood Butcher Discussion
4 weeks ago
Recommendations at 112 cards in decklist:
Cards to remove:
Crucible of Worlds - unless you're playing in a land destruction heavy meta, you're only likely going to benefit with this versus mill or forced discard. You're not running fetchlands so it's utility is very limited.
Illusionist's Bracers - while you have more than a handful of creatures with abilities you could double up on, the equip cost plus those activations is somewhat prohibitive. If your commander was still Sliver Queen, it would make more sense. As is it seems like an overly complicated way to double up on your effects.
Rings of Brighthearth - potentially works with Barrage Tyrant, Each activation of the tap ability Gruesome Slaughter grants your colorless creatures, Idol of Oblivion, Brood Butcher, Deepfathom Skulker, Drowner of Hope, Eldrazi Displacer, Essence Depleter, Sliver Queen, Spawnsire of Ulamog, Ugin, the Ineffable, and Golos, Tireless Pilgrim. ---- Doubling World Breaker's ability doesn't make sense. With each ability costing a minimum of 2 (minus Gruesome Slaughter's activations), and up to 7, that extra 2 is going to add up fast.
If it's worth it for you for the 11-12 cards that have the abilities, that's one thing. but I would keep it as a tentative for right now with needing to cut 12 cards from the total list (9 if you cut the 3 mentioned above)
4 weeks ago
Otherworldly Outburst - Like Extricator, a 3/2 is unlikely to make a very big difference.
Isochron Scepter - with 109 cards in deck right now, there are only 4 cards that could even meet the criteria to use this. Fall of the Titans won't work because this won't let you pay alternative costs.
Planar Gate - quite expensive, and while awesome, you would get more mileage out of something like Ugin, the Ineffable, since your Devoid spells are technically colorless. It would benefit your artifacts as well as your Eldrazi. His activated abilities are nothing to sneeze at either.
Rhystic Tutor - someone is going to pay the 2... if you could pick the opponent, different story. As is, it's unlikely to ever resolve. you would be better off with something like Vampiric Tutor if you were going for another tutor effect, but that one is rather pricey as well.
From Beyond - very slow for what it does, not sure it's worth it in the long run.
Endless One - a big mana sink with no keywords or activated abilities is underwhelming.
Desolation Twin - the 10/10 token is only on cast, so if there are any effects that would reanimate it, put it into play, etc that happen to go off, it's just a vanilla 10/10. For 10cmc, you would be better off running either version of Kozilek or Ulamog.
Emrakul's Evangel - I didn't realize that the condition to get the 3/2's required "non-eldrazi" to be sacrificed. It's a non-bo with the deck.
Cards to consider:
Void Attendant - Mana sink to potentially get more scion tokens.
World Breaker - a recurrable threat that exiles permanents.
Essence Depleter - Mana sink to lifegain/drain someone.
Grip of Desolation - 2 for 1 removal spell.
Ruination Guide - Colorless, front-end creature pump.
Sire of Stagnation - Jerk card for jerks. Slows opponents down or exiles their fuel. slows them down either way to give you more time to amass your army.
Cards to Add:
Herald of Kozilek - cost reduction for your deck.
Swarm Surge - Colorless creature pump and First Strike.
Smothering Abomination - Card draw for sac'ing a token on upkeep.
Brood Butcher - turns your tokens into removal for BG to -2/-2 something.
Deepfathom Skulker - lets you draw for each attacking creature you control that connects with a player.
10 months ago
- -1 Barren Moor +1 Azorius Signet
- -1 Lonely Sandbar +1 Dimir Signet
- -1 Tranquil Thicket +1 Gruul Signet
- -1 Forgotten Cave +1 Simic Signet
- -1 Secluded Steppe +1 Boros Signet
- -1 Azorius Chancery +1 Coalition Relic
- -1 Boros Garrison +1 Thran Dynamo
- -1 Dimir Aqueduct +1 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- -1 Golgari Rot Farm +1 Wandering Fumarole
- -1 Gruul Turf +1 Raging Ravine
- -1 Izzet Boilerworks +1 Celestial Colonnade
- -1 Orzhov Basilica +1 Creeping Tar Pit
- -1 Rakdos Carnarium +1 Hissing Quagmire
- -1 Selesnya Sanctuary +1 Pentad Prism
- -1 Simic Growth Chamber +1 Riftwing Cloudskate
- -1 Mantis Rider +1 Duplicant
- -1 Psychatog +1 Thought Erasure
- -1 Drooling Groodion +1 Vraska, Relic Seeker
- -1 Ancestral Mask +1 Inferno Titan
- -1 Twisted Abomination +1 Exhume
- -1 Sengir Vampire +1 Animate Dead
- -1 Ravenous Rats +1 Unburial Rites
- -1 Spirit Mantle +1 Angel of Invention
- -1 Brood Butcher +1 Cloudgoat Ranger
- -1 Elephant Guide +1 Verdurous Gearhulk
- -1 Gladecover Scout +1 Terastodon
1 year ago
Alright update 2
Wight, monitor and sudden demise I decided to keep for now simply because I do not have better options at the moment.
1 year ago
All solid choices, Thank you for your help it is greatly appreciated.
Some of the cards that are currently on the chopping block for me:
- Scute Mob Not quite fitting into what I am going for here.
- Wight of Precinct Six Could be very powerful but has never really done any work for me.
- Wild Pair I feel like I should just build a deck around this type of thing. Maybe Yisan? Always wanted a Mono green
- Domri Rade Meh.
- Sudden Demise very situational
- Brood Monitor Worse hatcher
- Brood Butcher Only 4/4 in stats and there are better sac effects
- Rot Shambler same as wight
2 years ago
2 years ago
You might find it a little mana heavy, but I love Shattering Pulse in EDH since it score a lot of card advantage over the course of a game. Maybe it would be preferable to By Force, since you don't have to get all the artifacts in one go, or Smash to Smithereens, since 3 damage is less impressive in a 40-life format.
Pawn of Ulamog, Golgari Germination and Catacomb Sifter give you more value from dying creatures, and Phyrexian Plaguelord and Brood Butcher provide more removal. Young Wolf also seems like an interesting inclusion, since he can give you two Graveborn tokens for one mana!
2 years ago
nice deck but missing some stuff
- Molten Nursery pretty much everysingle colorless thing you cast can deal damage to creatures or opponent's
- Emrakul's Influence just cast your eldrazi two card draw
- Kozilek's Return need a third board sweep well here it is.
- Not of This World wow this is not in if they try to get rid of you big guy(s) this can counter it. FOR FREE!
- Corrupted Crossroads this is not in your deck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74hA6Q7vPI4why.... honestly why... ITS A RAINBOW MANA PRODUCER FOR ALL THE ELEDRAZIS!!!!!!
- Flayer Drone same thing as the nursey but this is etb trigger on creatures so throw in Brood Monitor then you can do infinite damage with Eldrazi Displacer
- It That Betrays *facepalm* why in earths name is this not in if you All Is Dust with this on the field its instantaneously all over for your opponents you just stole every single thing they have.
- Deepfathom Skulker card draw and makes eldrazis unblockable
- Void Attendant exploit the cituation on all of the exiled cards for mana (don't do a sacrifice focused deck though.)
- Brood Butcher nice removal for the small creatures particually keeping Gaddock Teeg from ever seeing the light of the battlefield
- you have the banner (creatures get +1/+1 for each creature that shares a type) so scion/spawn producers is a must Brood Monitor, Blight Herder, Rapacious One, Drowner of Hope, Emrakul's Hatcher, Skittering Invasion and Sifter of Skulls.
- you have From Beyond go get the other one Awakening Zone
- Ashnod's Altar lets change the scions/spawns mana from 1 to 2 shall we.
- last but not least a top secret staple card nobody even bothers to put in stranglely Spreading Plague you just cast korona thne you just lock out anybody from getting creatures on the board and heres the kicker your beautiful eldrazis get untouched by this because devoid means they are colorless and its not a color.
oh heres a bonus if your willing to breath deep and do this but the Gisela, the Broken Blade and Bruna, the Fading Light for a loop hole of getting somewhat two white eldrazi since this can turn into Brisela, Voice of Nightmares
so those are my suggestions