Counter target spell unless its controller pays (1).
|Want (3)||MrThosams , TheWooba , KingSavage|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Common|
|Planar Chaos (PLC)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Mana Tithe occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Mana Tithe Discussion
6 days ago
I have been interested in this commander since I saw the spoiler. I have one nuts and bolts recommendation that does have synergy and can bail your ass out: Mana Tithe. Good luck!
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
"So, I cast Tinybones, Trinket Thief, does it resolve?"
"Yeah, but you, know, you didn't counter my other spells..."
"So? Dude, why would that make you think I had more counterspells? You already Duressed me!"
"But read his flavor text, he says that big distraction stuff so I thought you just let duress through to counter my big threat in Tinybones, Trinket Thief!"
"You are a boneheaded moron, dude, you saw my hand like a second ago with that Duress. WHAT COULD I HAVE COUNTERED THIS FRIGGIN PIPSQUEAK WITH? Ugh, sorry, it's just a game, I know, you can be such a big headed idiot sometimes, but it's all a part of your charm."
"Dude, I can't be boneheaded and big headed. The card's name is Tinybones"
"Before you do, can I go to endstep so I can draw a card off of that Mana Tithe I made you discard?"
1 month ago
Return to Dust is more expensive but work better than Disenchant in some cases. Any white deck which is not green might want to play Land Tax or Smothering Tithe Some good card draw card which you are missing out on is Phyrexian Arena
And that's just me, but i like to throw in a Mana Tithe just to catch some people of gurad, they dont expect a counterspell from a white/black deck.
1 month ago
2 months ago
These are the cards I would add:
- Glare of Subdual: with how many creatures your deck will be producing you’ll have all you need to shut down your opponents attack phases.
- Trostani, Selesnya's Voice: every creature that comes into play on your side equals life gain for you.
- Doubling Season: obvious reason
- Archetype of Courage: combined with your Ohran Frostfang is instant death to all creatures that block yours and yours never even take damage.
- Land Tax: with the low amount of mana sources you have this could you from being mana screwed in the early to mid game.
The cards I would take out to make room for them if you use them all are:
- Cathars' Crusade: reason being on this one is it is extremely difficult to keep track of the amount of counters because of the crazy amount of creatures you have. I’ve seen it happen in a Ghave deck. Person spent about a half hr sorting out all the counters in one turn. You could keep all your tokens as 1/1s and have more than enough to swing wide and one shot the table.
- Emmara, Soul of the Accord: between the high cmc and the fact that if some of your creatures die because of damage you’ll be replacing them anyways is the reason I’ld take her out.
- Mana Tithe: not exactly the most useful counterspell. If you must have a counterspell I’ll suggest Rebuff the Wicked. Far superior to the tithe.
- Throne of the God-Pharaoh: no special reason really
- Collective Unconscious: looks to me like you have quite a bit of card draw even without this one.
2 months ago
Contract from Below (ummm... what?? this is too strong and the ante doesnt exist to balance it)
Ichorclaw Myr (colorless infect)
Sun Titan (probably fine)
Porcelain Legionnaire (cheap first strike, hard to kill in reasonable time without using removal spell on a 2 drop)
Winds of Abandon game ending 1 sided wrath (probably just too strong)
Mana Tithe fine card, but not sure why white has counter spells
Peregrine Drake probably fine, but just worth watching for overly easy infinites
Etherium Sculptor potentially too many artifact synergy cards like this in the cube (artifacts might be one of the most well supported archetypes)
Brain Freeze (not really supported?)
Snap again potential infinite mana
Feldon of the Third Path potentially degenerate?
Flameshadow Conjuring (goes infinite with multiple creatures with an iron myr)
Golgari Grave-Troll maybe fine
Sprout Swarm (I've seen this card be silly, but its probably fine)
2 months ago
Hey man! Awesome deck. I run a Bant Bogles deck, here for reference. I like having a small splash of blue for some extra variety in the enchantments, and Stubborn Denial is very handy for that early game Chalice of the Void, among other things. I'm trying out Mana Tithe right now, though, just to give it a shot.