|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Uncommon|
|Mercadian Masques (MMQ)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 for each other enchantment in play.
Ancestral Mask Discussion
1 month ago
3 months ago
- -1 Barren Moor +1 Azorius Signet
- -1 Lonely Sandbar +1 Dimir Signet
- -1 Tranquil Thicket +1 Gruul Signet
- -1 Forgotten Cave +1 Simic Signet
- -1 Secluded Steppe +1 Boros Signet
- -1 Azorius Chancery +1 Coalition Relic
- -1 Boros Garrison +1 Thran Dynamo
- -1 Dimir Aqueduct +1 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- -1 Golgari Rot Farm +1 Wandering Fumarole
- -1 Gruul Turf +1 Raging Ravine
- -1 Izzet Boilerworks +1 Celestial Colonnade
- -1 Orzhov Basilica +1 Creeping Tar Pit
- -1 Rakdos Carnarium +1 Hissing Quagmire
- -1 Selesnya Sanctuary +1 Pentad Prism
- -1 Simic Growth Chamber +1 Riftwing Cloudskate
- -1 Mantis Rider +1 Duplicant
- -1 Psychatog +1 Thought Erasure
- -1 Drooling Groodion +1 Vraska, Relic Seeker
- -1 Ancestral Mask +1 Inferno Titan
- -1 Twisted Abomination +1 Exhume
- -1 Sengir Vampire +1 Animate Dead
- -1 Ravenous Rats +1 Unburial Rites
- -1 Spirit Mantle +1 Angel of Invention
- -1 Brood Butcher +1 Cloudgoat Ranger
- -1 Elephant Guide +1 Verdurous Gearhulk
- -1 Gladecover Scout +1 Terastodon
4 months ago
I added in Simic Ascendancy & Winding Constrictor . Instead of Forgotten Ancient , I found another big card that works well with Moat : Archetype of Imagination . Also, with your idea to use exaltation for Atraxa I added in Ancestral Mask to pump her up.
I've been playing 1 v 1 with my wife a lot and she plays a Lord Windgrace lands deck. My hope is to get this deck tuned enough to win against her consistently.
Thanks for your help!!!
4 months ago
I went with Tuvasa the Sunlit as a control deck until I could 1-shot people with Ancestral Mask . It's not true control, but only enchantments that can protect me from agression. You might check Tuvasa the Sun Enchantress for more suggestions.
4 months ago
eliakimras Thanks for the input! I feel like I have a lot of cards that allow me to draw more cards by playing enchantments like Enchantress's Presence and Verduran Enchantress among others and I also have Satyr Enchanter and Mesa Enchantress I could potentially include if I need more card draw ability, although I see your point in having that capability on demand in the command zone. I feel like Estrid, the Masked has more options by creating totem armor and my strategy is to enchant my lands and creatures to use her +2 ability more often to get lots of mana available and keep my creatures untapped until I can use her ultimate to make more threatening creatures that can go for the win. Thanks for making me aware of Ancestral Mask , I'm new to the game so I'm not aware of a lot of cards, its an upgraded version of some others like Ethereal Armor in terms of power so I'll look for that one to add :)
4 months ago
I think you would like Tuvasa the Sunlit as your commander better. She gives card advantage at the command zone, what makes her play the long game. My Tuvasa list plays a control game using non-aura enchantments that protect me until I draw a finisher like Ancestral Mask - then I go for the win. I started with Estrid, the Masked but I never looked back once I tested the merfolk bant-chantress. Have fun with the deck ;-)
4 months ago
I've made a number of recent updates here.
- Hanna, Ship's Navigator - I've got a few other ways to recur enchantments, and she's just way to slow. I've never had her survive until my next turn to actually use her.
- Fountain Watch - I prefer Sterling Grove since I can sac it if I need to stick some auras on an enchantment creature.
- Ashes of the Abhorrent - not really relevant in my meta.
- Vanishing - I absolutely love this card and may end up putting it back in. But flickering ward has been doing way more work for me, and there's been a number of times where leaving up is a pain.
- Paradoxical Outcome - with so many draw engines already the card draw was irrelevant, and I've never actually been in a situation where I was able to use it to save some permanents. Also I have ways to get them back from the graveyard.
- Wilderness Reclamation - I added it when Sigarda's Aid was still in there, but I don't think either really add anything.
- Authority of the Consuls - I've found it to be very minimal benefit
- Dawn's Reflection - While a great EDH ramp card, I already have the exact same function in Market Festival , and it felt like I have enough ramp without it.
- Soul Snare - I kinda liked the idea of the threat on the battlefield for a similar effect to Ghostly Prison , but I think it's just too weak of a card.
- Yavimaya Enchantress - I cut this long ago and I'm not entirely sure why... but she's back in now.
- Enchanted Evening - Haven't had a chance to cast it yet, but I can see this doing some outrageous things here. Makes any permanent, including lands: trigger card draw from enchantresses, buf Yavimaya Enchantress / Ancestral Mask / Tuvasa the Sunlit . It also makes everything protected by Privileged Position .
- Mystic Remora - not gonna lie, I mainly added it because I love the art. But I think it can be a pretty powerful card here depending on the matchup. And the cumulative upkeep is essentially free in EDH.
- Privileged Position - I had this in here already at one point but cut it because of the high CMC. But I think I've got enough ramp at this point to make it well worth having.
- Blind Obedience - Not sure if this is a keeper yet, but there is a Breya combo deck in my local meta.
- Mirari's Wake - Ramp! This card is insane, not sure why I didn't have it in here from the start.
- Omniscience - Not sure if it's a keeper because of the super high CMC, but it does seem like pretty much a game ender as long as there's a card draw engine on the battlefield.
- Earthcraft + Squirrel Nest - I just couldn't help myself, I want infinite squirrels! Earthcraft is also relevant on it's own with all the land enchantments. I may end up cutting Squirrel Nest , as I'm not sure I like infinite combos in EDH, but that's not happening until I have a chance to use!
6 months ago
Hey, other than one aura, Ancestral Mask , your deck is setup to use Estrid as a Commander more than Tuvasa.
Tuvasa is strongest when she's attacking doing Commander damage. What makes her powerful is she's both an enchantress and beat stick for Commander damage from the Command Zone. With Tuvasa as Commander consider low mana cost auras that can make her a real threat? Rancor , Ethereal Armor , Daybreak Coronet , Steel of the Godhead , Favor of the Overbeing , etc. Want to get enchantments onto the battlefield fast to pump Tuvasa, but this goes against the extensive pillowfort strategy.
The pillowfort strategy with combos requires a lot resources and time to setup and that's in Estrid's wheelhouse not Tuvasa. Tuvasa can still benefit from some pillowfort cards such as Blind Obedience and Authority of the Consuls since these cards help to clear blockers for her to attack. Aura of Silence , Energy Flux , Stony Silence are also quite good since they shut down artifacts and artifacts aren't part of your strategy. Tuvasa can also benefit, but much less than Estrid, from low mana cost land auras. Unlike Estrid who wants all the land auras to take advantage of her +2, Tuvasa doesn't need them all, just the low mana cost ones that create ramp (Growth, Sprawl, Fertile).
Many creatures are less needed when playing Tuvasa as Commander because she's the creature you want to focus on and enchant. All the other enchantresses as well as Sram, Senior Edificer and Kor Spiritdancer (aura enchantresses) and Heliod's Pilgrim are all the creatures you need. Rather than big creatures consider instead splashy cards that interact with auras/enchantments: Retether , Three Dreams , Wargate , Plea for Guidance , Aura Thief .
Good luck with your deck.
Ancestral Mask occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
GWU (Bant): 0.55%