Creature — Rat
When Ravenous Rats enters the battlefield, target opponent discards a card.
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Izzet vs. Golgari (DDJ)||Common|
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Common|
|Duels of the Planeswalkers (DPA)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Garruk vs. Liliana (DDD)||Common|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Common|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Common|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Common|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Common|
|Starter 1999 (S99)||Uncommon|
|Urza's Destiny (UDS)||Common|
|Portal Second Age (P02)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Ravenous Rats Discussion
3 months ago
Good theme. A few suggestions...
I don't see how Gnat Miser is doing you much good in this deck, unless you're playing it on turn one. Even then, it loses potency quickly. I'd replace it with either Ravenous Rats or Rancid Rats, or maybe 2 of each.
I certainly do believe that you have a fully functional deck here. Essentially it's a tribal rat aggro discard deck. Low mana curve, plenty of discard. Play around with my suggestions and see how it feels.
4 months ago
Creature — Wolf
Split — , Sacrifice ~: Create three 2/2 green Wolf creature tokens.
Creature — Human Soldier
Split — , Sacrifice ~: Create two 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens with first strike.
Tressa, Soul Thief
Legendary Creature — Human Warlock
Whenever another creature dies, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.
Split — Sacrifice ~: Create a 1/1 white spirit creature token with flying for each +1/+1 counter on ~.
7 months ago
Rat player here. Agree no hub needed. No real support as mentioned. Assuming the benefit of a hub would be to find rat focused decks you can simply search Relentless Rats and Rat Colony for swarm focused rat decks, OR Burglar Rat and Ravenous Rats for discard focused rat decks.
1 year ago
Oh, I missed my first one in the chain:
Creature - Zombie Rat
When Undead Rat enters the battlefield or dies, target player discards a card.
: Return Undead Rat from your graveyard to your hand. Activate this ability only during your upkeep and only if an opponent has no cards in hand.
"Rats understand the pragmatism it takes to survive. And are conniving enough to always succeed" -Liliana Vess
1 year ago
- -1 Barren Moor +1 Azorius Signet
- -1 Lonely Sandbar +1 Dimir Signet
- -1 Tranquil Thicket +1 Gruul Signet
- -1 Forgotten Cave +1 Simic Signet
- -1 Secluded Steppe +1 Boros Signet
- -1 Azorius Chancery +1 Coalition Relic
- -1 Boros Garrison +1 Thran Dynamo
- -1 Dimir Aqueduct +1 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- -1 Golgari Rot Farm +1 Wandering Fumarole
- -1 Gruul Turf +1 Raging Ravine
- -1 Izzet Boilerworks +1 Celestial Colonnade
- -1 Orzhov Basilica +1 Creeping Tar Pit
- -1 Rakdos Carnarium +1 Hissing Quagmire
- -1 Selesnya Sanctuary +1 Pentad Prism
- -1 Simic Growth Chamber +1 Riftwing Cloudskate
- -1 Mantis Rider +1 Duplicant
- -1 Psychatog +1 Thought Erasure
- -1 Drooling Groodion +1 Vraska, Relic Seeker
- -1 Ancestral Mask +1 Inferno Titan
- -1 Twisted Abomination +1 Exhume
- -1 Sengir Vampire +1 Animate Dead
- -1 Ravenous Rats +1 Unburial Rites
- -1 Spirit Mantle +1 Angel of Invention
- -1 Brood Butcher +1 Cloudgoat Ranger
- -1 Elephant Guide +1 Verdurous Gearhulk
- -1 Gladecover Scout +1 Terastodon
1 year ago
I think Pack Rat is strictly better than Rat Colony ; I would also take out Defiant Strike for something like Sign in Blood or Sheltering Light . You are very susceptible to board wipes so maybe Dash Hopes to keep opponents honest. I would also consider Throat Slitter , Swarmyard , and Ravenous Rats .
+1, keep it up! Let me know if you want any more insight
1 year ago
Draw 1 for 1 mana... like Opt is not super broken.
The card token is just that: a token that acts like a card in your hand. It doesn't do anything. It has no abilities. There's no type or mana cost or anything.
What it 'does' I make you appear to have four 'cards' in your hand instead of three. You can discard it to Ravenous Rats , Merfolk Looter or whatever. It boosts toys like Ivory Tower or Library of Alexandria or something to that effect. If it's the only thing if your library you can draw it and not die. A card token has no intrinsic use, but it can be used by effects that use 'cards' in your hand. That's all.