|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Khans of Tarkir||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- board wipe and flashing creatures in
- Does Kheru bloodsucker's drain ability trigger for world wipes?
- does End Hostilities work like this?
- If I have a creature protected by Aegis Angel, and I use End Hostilities does it die?
- How do Qjutai Exemplars, Clever Impersonators copied as Ojutai Exemplars, and board wipes you cast affect each other?
Destroy all creatures and all permanents attached to those creatures.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
End Hostilities Discussion
1 day ago
1 week ago
Having too many lands sitting around could be a problem, so the cycling lands like Secluded Steppe could get rid of extra unnecessary lands.
I really help that this helps you with your deckbuilding.
1 month ago
Just a bunch of suggestions. I recommend a lot of discarding and field wipes for her.
Kaya, Ghost Assassin - Herald of Anguish - Liliana's Caress - Mardu Charm - Megrim - Myojin of Night's Reach - Pain Magnification - Sangromancer - Scythe Specter - Skull Rend - Nezumi Shortfang - Unnerve - Waste Not - Words of Waste - Tasigur's Cruelty - Painful Quandary - Banshee of the Dread Choir - Bite of the Black Rose - Capital Punishment - Creeping Dread - Entomber Exarch - Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite - Myojin of Cleansing Fire - Day of Judgment - Temple of Silence - Temple of Triumph - Temple of Malice - Go for the Throat - Doom Blade - Mortify - Austere Command - Incendiary Command - Damnation - Wrath of God - Crux of Fate - Deathbringer Regent - Archfiend of Depravity - End Hostilities - Plague Wind - Sublime Exhalation - SUPER METROID - Weathered Wayfarer - Planar Cleansing - Intrepid Hero - Adarkar Valkyrie - Avatar of Woe - Sire Of Insanity - Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth - Vault of the Archangel - Liliana of the Dark Realms - Liliana of the Veil - Shared Trauma - Dread Summons - Anger - Filth - Blasphemous Act
2 months ago
Maybe it is even worth maindecking a hard wrath, like Crux of Fate or Fumigate or End Hostilities. Larger creatures are more likely to bother you than smaller ones, after all, given Fatal Push and Grasp of Darkness.
Have you had any consistency issues with the dragon clause of Silumgar's Scorn?
2 months ago
For the reason of not replying by email is that it is easier to show you the cards and combos through here, rather than searching them up on your own time. I suggest despite budget. If you're doing budget, then I honestly can't help. My brain doesn't work that way.
Your goals: Superfriends with a side of Land Love and Reanimator Hate. If I'm correct, read on. Otherwise, read on.
First Up - Planeswalker Benefitial Stuff:
Secondly - Land Lovin':
Thirdly - Reanimator Hatin':
Lastly - Other Noteworthy Cards:
In Garruk's Wake, Merciless Eviction, Descend upon the Sinful, Final Judgment, Akroma's Vengeance, Austere Command, Catastrophe, Crux of Fate, Damnation, Day of Judgment, Deadly Tempest, Decree of Pain, End Hostilities, Life's Finale, Nevinyrral's Disk, Overwhelming Forces, Phyrexian Rebirth, Supreme Verdict, Wrath of God, Languish, Toxic Deluge.
Sorry it isn't much. Been busy with a few things but could get you started. Tag me in the deck so I can see your picks and make suggestions from there!
4 months ago
Addressing specific things now... I'm focusing on things to think about cutting to make room for lands.
Listing some observations, if I overlooked something this will make it obvious.
- Tutors (besides land tutors): Diabolic Tutor
- Mana Rocks: Gold Myr, Leaden Myr, Alloy Myr, Plague Myr*, Manalith, Sol Ring, Pristine Talisman
- Infect/Poison: Plague Myr, Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon, Priests of Norn, Decimator Web
- Boardwipes: End Hostilities, In Garruk's Wake
*Missed this guy when I made my first post, drat. That's why I did this summation, in case I missed something else.
You have some things that look like they are intended to work together, with limited support to find the pieces (I only saw one tutor). You need to think about if you're serious about keeping all of these. I think they are okay on their own, just not incredible.
- + + : This is a fun set and I'd keep it if it's something you like, but you don't have enough tutors to make it likely you'll ever assemble it. If you're fine with that, great. The individual pieces are not incredible apart but not the worst.
- + : This is a really common combo in mono-black, but again you'll have to luck into it. If you're serious about using it to win you need more tutors. If you just like the cards I don't blame you for running them though.
- Infect stuff besides Skittles; Plague Myr, Priests of Norn, Decimator Web: These aren't likely to kill anyone with poison by themselves. Plague and Priests have little chance of connecting against a strong opponent (you don't have much evasion support since you're not aggro); Decimator will take forever and tons of mana to do it, Priests will probably hardly do anything interesting. There are much stronger alternatives. Skittles is pretty great on his own and can work excellent on offense or defense, so I'd keep him for now.
Now for some less good stuff, specific cards:
- Manalith is the most boring mana rock possible. There are tons of 3-drop mana rocks that are better than Manalith. You want either cheaper than 3 mana, or you want it do more than Manalith does at 3. Off the top of my head, cheapish examples: Commander's Sphere, Darksteel Ingot, Orzhov Cluestone, Orzhov Signet, Mind Stone
- Transgress the Mind and similar single target discard effects are hard to use in multiplayer (though this is one of the better ones if you really like them). It is difficult to know ahead of time which players have hands worth casting these on, and entirely possible you won't do much damage with them. Discard and mill effects also draw tons of aggro from less experienced players. Consider also discard runs in opposition to how your commander works (they can't play spells they're discarding after all) unless you're specifically going after creatures with the discard effects.
- Mind Sludge is similar, only targets one player. If they have a huuuge hand it can do a lot of damage maybe, but then they're probably a blue player late in the game, which means they have Counterspell or something. If they aren't a blue player, they've probably got graveyard shenanigans going on, so this won't hurt them. Syphon Mind is awesome though (mostly for the card draw and maybe priming other players' graveyards for Rise from the Grave etc).
- Reassembling Skeleton is great but he's not really doing his job here. He's a reusable guy to sacrifice! If you just want him as a defender, look up Brood of Cockroaches or Endless Cockroaches who are better at that.
- Unholy Hunger is terrible. You'd be better served by Murder. It's way too expensive for what it does. Actually I'd look for something that is either more thorough or more flexible, like Utter End or Sever the Bloodline.
- Elixir of Immortality never does its intended job in most decks. Unless you honestly think you're going to have a game last so long that you play through your entire deck, don't bother. If you have some group hug deck throwing your deck into your hand, you're going to play one of your combos and win, not fiddle with this. If you're worried about getting milled, chances are it'll end up in your graveyard, not your hand, anyway.
Things to look up!
- Exsanguinate is a popular Orzhov finisher that scales up to the game state. Even if you can't finish everyone off with it, its extremely efficient at funnelling everyone else's resources into you.
- Anything with extort works, I like Blind Obedience in particular. All of your later plays suck players dry slowly.
- Phyrexian Reclamation is cheap, uses your obscene life tank as a fuel, and makes it hard to get rid of your creatures.
That's all I can think of. I hope it is of some use. I don't expect you to cut all of it I just want you thinking. My Orzhov deck is Ayli, Eternal Cleric EDH but it needs some updating on tappedout, if you wanted to see where I got the experience.
4 months ago
Eagle of the Watch isnt that good. I would recommend putting in 4 Squadron Hawks instead. I would highly recommend taking out End Hostilities. It does the opposite this deck wants to do. Only boros charm activates Blaze Commando so its not that good in this deck. Heir of the Wilds isnt very good either. you really need ferocious to make it good and there is almost nothing to enable it. Personally I love Hanweir Militia Captain Flip and would add 2. Your land base is really diverse but instead I would just make all your duel lands to gain lands, their strictly better and barely cost anything. Titanic Growth doesn't really fit in this deck because you don't have any large creatures that don't have trample besides possibly Hanweir Militia Captain Flip or Tajic, Blade of the Legion I would recommend adding Trumpet Blast to finish the game.
5 months ago
Good old Wrath of God seems better than End Hostilities if you want to keep all that gear. Puresteel Paladin helps with your equipment. Legion Loyalist is similar to both Archetypes if you have a third attacking creature. Sunforger is another inexpensive equipment which is really unique for Boros.