|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- board wipe and flashing creatures in
- Does Kheru bloodsucker's drain ability trigger for world wipes?
- does End Hostilities work like this?
- If I have a creature protected by Aegis Angel, and I use End Hostilities does it die?
- How do Qjutai Exemplars, Clever Impersonators copied as Ojutai Exemplars, and board wipes you cast affect each other?
Destroy all creatures and all permanents attached to those creatures.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (27)||VGJustice , Caldazar , sonnet666 , pskinn01 , Cyrk , NobleSlay3r , Va1mar , rakdos24 , MattN7498 , jhTheMan99 , , saj0219 , tlhunter07 , Vasbear1 , meowCat1234 , golgarigirl , bradyofportdetroit , Tiddilywinkus , carsickpanda273 , TrackerD , Crimson6 , Dr_Jay , MonoRedBomb.Com , Regulus1010 , Famicomania , Skydra2 , philktoken8998|
End Hostilities Discussion
4 days ago
Thank you very Much!I ended up getting rid of Ajani's Mantra and Staff of the Wild Magus and replacing it with 2 Nyx-Fleece Ram. I also have 3 Ajani's Pridemate and 3 Blossoming Sands. Felidar Sovereign was originally used with Ajani, Mentor of Heroes, but I ended up getting rid of both of them and added Elspeth Tirel For the removal and also the really good life gain.I added a single of Soul Warden and Soul's Attendant, also a single Blessed Alliance and Lone Rider Flip.
My new Sideboard (9)
I also followed xaerusblade and hopefully my mana curve is slightly better and maybe I could get more tips in that regard.
(I haven't changed the decklist in Tappedout so here is the stats)
1 month ago
Hey there! Cool deck you have here! I have a few budget suggestions for you:
- Merciless Eviction
- Orzhov Signet
- Treasury Thrull
- Drana's Emissary
- Bloodgift Demon
- Obzedat, Ghost Council
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Ashen Rider
- Angel of Despair
- Archfiend of Depravity
- Death Grasp
- Obzedat's Aid
- Sign in Blood
- Revoke Existence
- Forsake the Worldly
- End Hostilities
- Sol Ring
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Underworld Connections
If you'd like some more detailed comments and/or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment on my profile! Hope this helps, and enjoy!
1 month ago
I've got a good list of suggestions here for ya, I'm unsure if you're unwilling to order cards from TCGplayer, but
Word of note from someone who's been playing awhile, most decks try to run 3 or 4 of cards because it helps with consistency, having 4 of a card maximizes your chance to draw it.
Trade out the Soul menders for Soul Warden, gains you a life on ANY another creature entering, in a casual game, it can gain you a ton of life until someone throws a removal spell at it.
Blessed Alliance is a super nice card, offers a lot of versatility, budget wise its a couple bucks unless you can find it in a bulk bin at your local shop or something. Gains life, kills a creature, untaps your guys for blocks. I'd recommend trying to get 3 or 4 of these total.
Spectral Procession is a 3 mana, make 3 1/1 flyers. It's also pretty good.
Crusade makes all your guys (and maybe your opponents if they're running white as well) 1/1 bigger as long as it sticks around.
Raise the Alarm can be used at any time, Opponent attacks you? Make 2 surprise blockers. Opponent didn't do anything on their turn? End of their turn, make 2 dudes, untap, play crusade, smack for 4.
Removal is always key, while Blessed Alliance does kill a thing, sometimes the opponent sacrifices their smallest attacker and you still have a big creature to deal with. I'm unsure of who you're playing with this deck, or what they're playing. Condemn is an interesting card, while the opponent may gain life, you get rid of the creature thats attacking you. A list of some other removal would be Immolating Glare Oblivion Ring (ring can hit anything other than lands, and not a lot of people run enchantment removal in casual games too often.) Devouring Light You can tap your creatures for this one to help pay for it.
And finally, Wrath Effects I.E. Effects that destroy all creatures (see Wrath of God) are good for if your opponent summoned a big creature, or if the board is all gummed up. Wrath of god is a bit off budget, however, End Hostilities is less than a dollar, and is only 1 mana more and can also destroy equipments and stuff attached to creatures. Hour of Revelation only costs 3 mana if there's 10 or more things other than lands on the field, Can be nice, can be bad. My last suggestion here would be Dusk / Dawn which can leave your board clean and kill all other big creatures, then it can be cast from your graveyard to bring a bunch of your dead stuff back. Anyways, I'd love to help as much as I can, and I realize this is a ton of reading, sorry about that.
1 month ago
Anticipate, Dragonlord's Perogative, Monastery Loremaster*, and Meditate are all thematic cards. They have decent/strong effects that aren't total garbage, but fit the theme of Taigam being a monk of the Ojutai order.
In a similar fashion are cards like Temple Bell, End Hostilities, Sensei's Divining Top, Humble, and Redirect. Almost all of these cards could be stronger versions of themselves, but I like the monastic feel of them.
*Monastery Loremaster deserves special notice because he serves a few different purposes. Since my deck isn't as heavily Instant/Sorcery focused, I will want cards back that just aren't Instants/Sorceries. Being able to get back my Artifacts or Enchantments is a good thing. In addition, it's another Morph. I really like Quicksilver Dragon, and sometimes the morph might come in handy, especially if I don't usually cast it for the morph, but cast the Loremaster for such, then get removal used on that... or if I ever want to toss in a Willbender, Voidmage Apprentice, or Stratus Dancer.
Ultimately, the primary wincon for the deck is Approach of the Second Sun so I don't mind the deck being weird. Though I'm more likely to win out of dragons or the off chance that Taigam goes in for Commander Damage, but they're ancillary modes so I don't have to run things like Mystical Tutor which would be super boring. Though, potentially getting a rebounded Enlightened Tutor could be fun and would be super thematic.
on Life Sap 2.0
1 month ago
Hey there! Welcome to EDH! I have a few suggestions for you:
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation is strong, but also very, very annoying for your opponents. It's quite possible that you'll be targeted just to get Kambal to go away. I might recommend just switching to a Karlov of the Ghost Council deck, and keeping Kambal as part of the 99.
- One of Black/White's greatest strengths is its access to cheap removal, yet a lot of your removal spells cost 4 mana or more. Here are a few options that are a lot cheaper to cast: Oust, Condemn, Swords to Plowshares, Path to Exile, Tragic Slip, Doom Blade, Go for the Throat, Hero's Downfall, Unmake, Mortify, etc.
- Phyrexian Arena is absolutely amazing at drawing you cards, and belongs in every Black deck ever.
- Crested Sunmare is just hilarious.
- Solemn Simulacrum ramps you and draws you cards. What's not to love?
- Beacon of Immortality looks fun.
- Ajani, Caller of the Pride can be a win condition if he lasts long enough.
- I would recommend some number of board wipes, as that's one of White's greatest strengths. Options range from the 3-mana-but-life-draining Toxic Deluge, to the standard 4-mana Day of Judgment and Wrath of God, through the 5-mana choices like End Hostilities and Planar Outburst, and up to 6-mana cards like Descend upon the Sinful and Merciless Eviction. I'd recommend running 3 to 6 board wipes total.
I unfortunately have to go work on something else now, but I wish you the best of luck/skill with your deck! Enjoy!
2 months ago
If you are keeping Edgar Markov as the commander, I would cut the Sanguine Tribune. She costs too much for the effects.
Definitely cut both Curses. I'd replace one with Anointed Procession.
I'm actually working on my own version of this deck. I would be happy to send the list for more primers.
My focus, after ensuring card draw, ramp, and Removal (targeted and universal) are taken care of:
Tokens, +1/+1 counters, and mild life gain.
2 months ago
Looks like a solid deck!