|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CMT)||Common|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Common|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Common|
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Warrior
, Sacrifice a creature: Destroy target creature with flying.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Elvish Skysweeper Discussion
2 months ago
Good cuts include Elvish Skysweeper, unless you have plenty of fliers in your meta. Disowned Ancestor: fine early game, and it would be hella good if outlast wasn't a sorcery, but alas. Graveblade Marauder is okay but it's generally lackluster (relies on your dudes dying). Herald of Dromoka and Dragonscale General cancel each other out. Petrified Wood-Kin is risky and Matsu-Tribe Sniper is just sorta lame. Spirit Loop really doesn't fit the theme of the deck.
Sorry I have to be salty here, just wanted to suggest some cuts. Also maybe drop the banners for signets (eg Boros Signet).
4 months ago
Looks pretty good! A few recommendations: First off, Elvish Skysweeper seems a bit too expensive for what it does, I'd recommend replacing it with a card like Lignify or Epic Confrontation. Also, I'd take out 2-3 of your forests and put in a few more non creature spells, probably some more single target removal like Naturalize, Unravel the Aether, or other cards like it. Otherwise, great deck! Can't wait to play against it
1 year ago
1 year ago
I like Altar of Dementia, as it and karmic + reveillark is gg. Blasting Station is the same, but i do feel it is underwhelming otherwise, that's going out. Elvish Skysweeper- well, i thought that was a 3 when I first saw it. Flyers aren't much of a problem, so goodbye. I completetly forgot about rites, have one around here somewhere....
Fallen Angel was my number one pick to get rid of. So goodbye. Same with Fleshwrither- I just always want to use future sight cards cuz they look cool. I like Ashen Rider the same reason I like Spine of Ish Sah in my Daretti- pricy, yes, but it's a recurrable Vindicate. Simply the best removal around. Plus rider is 2 Exiling Vindicates every turn. I'll think about that one.
And Phyrexian Plaguelord. It's great removal, but I think the sac isn't effective or big enough, so ya you've convinced me there. I usually only sac one thing a turn.
As always, thanks for the help!
1 year ago
Ok, so 20 sac outlets is a lot.
Altar of Dementia is a bit underwhelming since you don't do any other mill yourself, you are basically hoping your opponents deck themselves.
At 5 CMC a sac, Elvish Skysweeper seems pricey at best. However, if flying is a problem, go for it, but its not going to stop an Avacyn, Angel of Hope, Sigarda, Host of Herons, and definitely not a Zur the Enchanter.
Fallen Angel is really cool to use, but falls short when compared to Fallen Ideal, which not only returns to your hand (just self sac if the enchant is gonna be destroyed), but also allows you to put the sac outlet on anything, including Karador.
As far as tutors go, Fleshwrither literally grabs 1 of 4 creatures. Jarad, Meren, Solemn, or Flesh-Eater Imp. Sure, you can recast him, but paying 7 mana for a tutor like that when you could just drop Entomb to cast something or Jarad's Orders for one in 'yard and one in hand just look a lot better.
I hope this helps with some insight! I have been a big fan of yours and you are always supportive of my decks! Good luck cutting! If you need more cuts, I'll be close.
1 year ago
- Elvish Skysweeper - Kinda alright, Jagged-Scar Archers does better.
- Grave Sifter - Creeping Renaissance does a better job at what you want to do - twice.
- Creeperhulk, Lifeblood Hydra, Rampaging Baloths, Titania, Protector of Argoth, Wolfbriar Elemental - Good cards in a vacuum, dunno if you need it here.
To really shine with Ezuri you need more mana dorks, untap outlets and - simply - more Elves.
Some of the Elfball/mono- Staples i miss here:
- Mana Dorks: Karametra's Acolyte, Wirewood Channeler, Viridian Joiner, Devoted Druid, Elvish Harbinger, Fyndhorn Elves, Boreal Druid
- Untap Outlets: Thousand-Year Elixir, Wirewood Symbiote, Quirion Ranger, Scryb Ranger, Copperhorn Scout
- Removal: Glissa Sunseeker, Viridian Zealot, Beast Within, Krosan Grip, Unravel the Aether, Deglamer, Repopulate
- Elf Tutors: Skyshroud Poacher, Sylvan Messenger, Elvish Harbinger, Wirewood Herald
- Elvish Tricks: Descendants' Path, Yeva, Nature's Herald, Taunting Elf, Elvish Guidance, Caller of the Claw
- Good Stuff: Asceticism, Genesis Wave, Regal Force, Shamanic Revelation, Triumph of the Hordes, Wrap in Vigor
- Mono-colored Good Stuff: Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, Caged Sun
And if you can afford it: Craterhoof Behemoth.
If you're looking for more - non-infinite - Ezuri, Renegade Leader inspiration, check my cutthroat streamlined deck list below:
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 2 | 4 COMMENTS | 1705 VIEWS | IN 3 FOLDERS
1 year ago
I've been playing for over ten years, and I think you threw in the spiders for the reach aspect, but why not drop the spiders, go tribal elf(amazing and powerful tribe) and for your flying problem throw in something like Gravity Well, or if you do go with elves, then you could throw in Elvish Skysweeper because they produce enough tokens for him to be a viable option. Look into tribal Elf, they really are amazing.
2 years ago
RicketyEng, your very welcome, glad some of my suggestions helped.
You are on the right track with your deck, don't be discouraged by my wall of text, haha. One thing your current deck does lack is the ability to tutor for a creature. Having spells or creatures that can tutor for creatures are very important to have in green Commander decks because they can find the creature you need when you want it and either put the card into your hand, on top of your library or right onto the battlefield.
Two of the best most cost($) effective tutors are Green Sun's Zenith and Worldly Tutor. The problem with them is they are expensive, $6 or more. If these are out of your budget range then consider adding some budget alternatives.
- Elvish Harbinger, Skyshroud Poacher both can tutor for other Elves, but only Elves. Poacher's tapped ability even puts the Elf you tutor for right onto the battlefield.
- Fierce Empath, he finds any creature with six or more casting cost and put it right into your hand. This is great with a variety of creatures you are currently using and one that I recommend you add.
- Descendants' Path, this enchantment is not a tutor, but repeatable each upkeep of yours putting a creature onto the battlefield for you if it matches a type of creature already in your control. It is quite powerful with Elves.
Right now your deck only has two ways to find other creatures which is with Sylvan Messenger and Evolutionary Leap. Adding other selection spells can give you more chances to search for key cards at different times in games. This will really help your overall game play. Here are some selection spells for you to consider:
- Lead the Stampede, Lead is one of the best selection spells because you are playing many creatures; having the possibility of putting up to five creatures into your hand from one card is great.
- Impulse lets you look at the top four cards of your library and put one into your hand. The nice thing about it is you can choose any card not just creatures.
- Ponder, Preordain, both these one mana blue draw spells let you first look at the top two or three cards of your library before you draw.
Also consider including more draw spells. You are already using Collective Unconscious which is good, but it is currently your only draw spell. There is other draw that goes well with Elves and your strategy that you should consider adding:
- Shamanic Revelation, Revelation is just like Collective Unconscious except one mana cheaper and has the ability to gain you a lot of life. Since you are putting counters on your creatures making them much bigger than normal; you will most likely have a 4 power creature to turn on ferocious.
- Slate of Ancestry, is an artifact which means it is reusable, which makes it really powerful.
- Soul of the Harvest, is a great creature, he's not just a 6/6 trampler for six mana; he can also draw you a lot of cards if kept alive on the battlefield. Fierce Empath can tutor for him.
- Bred for the Hunt, your strategy with Ezuri is to put counters on your creatures. Bred is very good with trample or any other evasion with your creatures.
This is a list of cards that I think if you included will really help your deck giving you much smoother game play and more options:
Bramblewood Paragon, Gyre Sage, Inexorable Tide, Master Biomancer, Shamanic Revelation, Slate of Ancestry, Soul of the Harvest, Bred for the Hunt, Harmonize, Lead the Stampede, Impulse, Preordain or Ponder, Elvish Harbinger, Skyshroud Poacher, Fierce Empath, Descendants' Path
These cards are candidates for replacement(in no particular order):
Caller of the Pack, Drove of Elves, Elvish Skysweeper, Experiment One, Thelonite Hermit, Titania's Chosen, Ezuri's Predation, Hunting Triad, Sylvan Offering, Arachnogenesis, Mirror Match, Commander's Sphere, Emerald Medallion, Moss Diamond, Seer's Sundial, Wolfcaller's Howl, Siege Behemoth, Thornweald Archer
I wrote a lot hopefully I haven't made this too overwhelming and have given you some more suggestions.