|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eldritch Moon (EMN)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Druid
When Primal Druid dies, you may search your library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield taped, then shuffle your library.
Primal Druid Discussion
1 month ago
You MUST have:Primal Druid and that should make room.
3 months ago
I’ve been having a long hard think about this deck list, I was considering a Ghave deck for my last deck but I opted for something else instead. This is my two cents..
Perilous Forays this one would be really good as it turns all of your tokens into Sakura-Tribe Elder.
Death's Presence awesome with your counters
5 months ago
Fixed the above to give you less cancer:
Tap for mana:
Joiner Adept (+)
Leyline Prowler (added, removed maelstrom nexus)
Paradise Druid (?)
Gleaming Barrier (?)
Farhaven Elf (+)
Gatecreeper Vine (+)
Pilgrim's Eye (+)
Ranging Raptors (+)
Sylvan Ranger (+)
Cards I can remove:
5 months ago
An interesting list!
I would look at lowering/smoothing out your curve, I have found it helps improve the functionality of a deck.
7 months ago
Hi, nice deck! By the way, not to be mean or anything, but this seems grabbed straight out from EDHREC, but you can easily fix it up. I enforce the comment from ZendikariWol (he helped me out with They See Me Diggin', They Hatin', my meren deck, sometime ago), in that you need to cut those things which don't really help you winning, but instead make you just "win more". I would consider trying to run more creatures, as you can recycle them any time you need them for their effects. Apart from the cards you already got suggested to add, which I suggest too, I'd also consider:
- Ashnod's Altar is a really explosive must include card. Free sac outlet.
- Skullwinder is super strong. can be used oplitically, but more importantly lets you buy back those noncreature cards that happen to have hit your graveyard. Plus, it's a 1/3 deathtouch.
- Nyx Weaver is the same as the above, but can only be used once. But if it rebuys you the spell that makes you win the game, it suddenly becomes so powerful...
- Mind Slash is a cool sac outlet, that lets you get rid of those spells you don't like, and slow your opponents down.
- Avenger of Zendikar as it floods the board and gives you sacrifice targets. It also can pump up those token, but that's far less likely to happen. Still really solid.
- Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder is a cool token generator if you ahve access to free sacrifice outlets, but it's a bit slow.
- Harvester of Souls draws lots of cards. The potential of decking yourself is not that much of a problem, considering that you may draw a card, but are not obliged to.
- From Beyond is a cool little token/mana generator, that can tutor up Smothering Abomination .
- Izoni, Thousand-Eyed is both a sac outlet, card draw and token generator. Must have.
- Pathbreaker Ibex and Overwhelming Stampede both make up for very powerful win conditions with all of the aforementioned token generation.
- Woodfall Primus has recently gone down in price and it's a nice piece of removal that can be used twice if a sac outlet is provided.
- Primal Druid is a cool dude that can chump-block and will ramp you like crazy if you start chain reanimating it. It's a worse Viridian Emissary , which is again a worse Dave .
8 months ago
Nice write-up! Probably took some good time to type it all down.
I did have to sort your deck on type instead of your custom types to make some sence of it though ;)
I’ve been working on a meren deck with a similar sacrifice idea for a couple of years now, though the plan is a bit different they here I do have some suggestions and tips based on my experience with the archetype.
There are probably some cards here that have been mentioned before or have been tested, so sorry for that.
sac outlets are the bread and butter of these types of deck. You always need one in play or the deck falls short (this is also one of the weak point that you can attack these decks on). Some sac outlets that I haven’t seen mentioned yet:
1) Evolutionary Leap . Except that it’s not a free sac outlet I think one of the best out there!
2) Spawning Pit . One of my favorites, create more tokens from sacing creatures and it’s free to activate. Also it can quite easily go infinite with Doubling Season
3) Attrition . It’s probably mentioned somewhere her and I probably looked over it because everyone knows this.
4) Altar of Dementia . Better in meren then it’s here but still has its uses if you want to go with an infinite combo.
5) Culling Dais . Value
6) Dark Privilege . Protection of commander and outlet in one.
7) Fallen Ideal . Recurring outlet is always nice.
8) Yahenni, Undying Partisan . Indestructible outlet.
9) Helm of Possession . If people are going big.
10) Plagued Rusalka . If people are going wide.
11) Claws of Gix . Can sac any permanent and is the cheapest outlet ever made.
Some utility creatures:
12) Wirewood Herald . This is one of my favorite fun cards in my deck. Your already playing a few good other elves (rec sage, izoni, wood elves, elvish visionary) so I definitely suggest adding this one!
13) Viridian Emissary and Primal Druid are all stars in my deck. Might be useful here over some of the 3 mana ramp creatures?? (Emissary is a bit better because of clamp, and it’s an elf).
14) Golgari Findbroker . Witness #2, also it’s an elf.
15) Sengir Autocrat and Mitotic Slime . These cards give 4 and 7 sacrifices respectively. They are some of the payoff cards that I use. Especially fond of autocrat since it works with savra and skullclamp very well.
16) Reassembling Skeleton . Another one of my payoff cards, and can get nuts of I have a good board. Also there are few ways to go infinite with this one (there is a 4 card combo with this in your deck right now).
17) Savra, Queen of the Golgari . It’s an elf and since it’s a creature its easier to tutor then an enchantment. The life gain is also nice!
And one more random card that doesn’t belong in above categories:
18) Foster . At 4 mana a bit expensive but boy what value this card can give!
Some of the cars you tested and took out I’d like to comment on. I find them very very useful and would probably never cut them in my deck:
19) Fecundity . This card is the best card in my deck, the only time it’s not great is when I’m playing against weenies or people are trading creatures with each other without me having a board presents. I don’t really care if people draw a card if I kill there 6 mana creatures because it still slows them down. What’s so good about this card that It provides us with a great amount of value. This card draws of tokens which is awesome and most of the creatures your running give to sac triggers anyway. In 90% the cases this card will generate more value for us then for other players.
20) Deathreap Ritual . The only reason I’d ever cut this card is the mana cost, which at 4 is a bit expensive. You however stated the reason for excluding this card is the lack of value. I’d like to point out that Morbid doesn’t only trigger at the end of your turn but at the end of EVERY turn. It also triggers when any creature dies, so it doesn’t have to be yours and, like fecundity, it triggers of tokens dying to!! In a four player game this card can give an easy 4 cards a round.
21) Golgari Germination . I like this mostly because I play above mentioned cards which benefit hugely from tokens dying, but even without this it’s a great card rewarding you for any sacrifice and being an enchantment it’s a bit more durable as well.
22) Sakura-Tribe Elder . At two mana and a build in sac outlet this card is a cheap ramp spell that functions at all time and can provide value even if you don’t have a sac outlet in play. But if you have experienced trough testing that you get more value out of a 3 drop ramp creature then it might be different for your deck compared to meren.
Hereby I end my epistle with a last note that if your looking to take out some card I’d look at everything above 4 mana and everything with X in the mana cost. I find I always take out these in the end since I can’t cast them reliably. (5 drops stay when they are very good for the deck though).
10 months ago
Nice deck idea. There is definitely room to lower your average mana costs. I'd recommend some camp cards, like Sakura-Tribe Elder , Primal Druid , Shaman of Forgotten Ways . Also consider Seedborn Muse . You're gonna play creatures anyway, so Beast Whisperer would definitely an option.
10 months ago
I'd recommend some camp cards, like Sakura-Tribe Elder, Primal Druid, Shaman of Forgotten Ways, or at least some mana elves (like Llanowar Elves). Because what is better then play big spells? Yes, play big spells early.
You're gonna play creatures anyway, so some card draw creatures like Beast Whisperer, Grim Haruspex or Midnight Reaper help you to fill your hands after you've played some cards. If you need life, I personally like Dross Harvester - cause if many creatures are attacking then for sure many of them are going to die..
So I like your ideas and the commander is great (maybe one of the best in the set), maybe it could help to look at the average casting costs. Actually they are at 4.29, so there is plenty of room left to go down, cause normally you want to play as many things every turn. So don't waste your first turns. Normally everybody ramps as much as possible to get in a good position, when the big spells and creatures are coming.
No data for this card yet.