Forsake the Worldly
Exile target artifact or enchantment
Cycling 2 (2, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Forsake the Worldly Discussion
1 month ago
Cut: - Warped Landscape - Forsake the Worldly - Wilt - Rain of Revelation - Akroma's Vengeance - Cleansing Nova - Vastwood Surge - River's Rebuke - Font of Fertility - Hideous Visage - Garruk's Uprising
Add: - Wasteland Strangler - World Breaker - All Is Dust - Blisterpod - Decimator of the Provinces - Distended Mindbender - Elder Deep-Fiend - Eldrazi Displacer - Eldrazi Mimic - Eldrazi Obligator - Fathom Feeder - Oblivion Sower - Rapacious One - Thought Harvester - Sire of Stagnation - Tide Drifter - Vanquisher's Banner - Mystic Reflection - Pact of the Serpent - Blight Herder - Arcane Signet - Sol Ring - Thran Dynamo - Chromatic Lantern - Commander's Sphere - Fellwar Stone - Worn Powerstone - Coalition Relic - Hedron Archive - Path to Exile - Swords to Plowshares - Swan Song - Skyshroud Claim - Elemental Bond - Unified Will - Reflections of Littjara - Ugin, the Ineffable - Forsaken Monument - Pathrazer of Ulamog - Jodah, Archmage Eternal - Kozilek's Return - Crop Rotation - Chaos Warp - Painful Truths - Tempt with Discovery - Lightning Greaves - Court of Bounty - Cascading Cataracts
7 months ago
Desolation Twin = Too slow, I would remove it.
Angelic Accord: Not enough lifegain in the deck to make it worth.
Path of Bravery: Meh, mostly you will be attacking with a creature or two so not worth. Only at the very end will you swing with a lot, but at the very end your life total doesn't matter too much.
Embalmed creatures are zombies so stuff like Eternal Skylord works really well.
Cloudblazer is a great target for copy target creature spells.
Lazotep Plating Hexproof is a great save something card and you get a little bonus with the amass.
Forsake the Worldly Great removal plus cycling option. A personal favorite.
Fact or Fiction Great because you get to search the top 5 and get a few into hand. Sneaky trick though is that you can embalm any creatures that go into the grave. It's a win win.
Embalmer's Tools I think it makes embalm cost 1 less and remember that embalm creatures are zombies so you can mill others or yourself to get more creatures to embalm. Almost like drawing a card if you mill an embalm creature.
Throw in your Geist of Saint Traft?
7 months ago
I’m shook. Fragmentize is overplayed? I’m the only one I know who seriously uses Fragmentize in my play circles. Fragmentize I would agreed if it wasn’t for the fact that cheap mono-white artifact-enchantment removal is so limited. If I was playing Green I would agree that Fragmentize is too niche, but if you’re playing semi-competitively without green then your best cheap answers are Disenchant, Seal of Cleansing, Revoke Existence and Fragmentize. That’s an efficient removal spell every 1 in 25 cards. Only if Wizards printed two more functional copies of Disenchant would I then start considering to axe my Fragmentize. Good removal should be cheaper than the threats you’re trying to remove with it and I’m not going to be running any Forsake the Worldly just to remove a 1-mana graveyard-hate card. Not hitting a Conjurer's Closet sucks, but there are many other cards I’d rather remove first before the Closet and all of those more pressing cards happen to be CMC four or less.
8 months ago
There is also artifact/enchantment removal you should have like Crush Contraband , Aura of Silence which can also slow your opponents down, and Forsake the Worldly which can also be cycled away for 1 card.
Some board wipes can also be very good like Cleansing Nova , Fumigate , Mass Calcify this one costs a lot of mana so I wouldn't recommend it too much , Rout which has the advantage of being able to be used at instant speed. There is also Martial Coup which if you put enough mana into it then you'll have some soldiers on board after everything is over.
10 months ago
Or Crush Contraband, this one have grown up on me :P
10 months ago
i would also recommend Consulate Crackdown. favorite underrated card in the color. glad to see white on the rise :)
1 year ago
If you want to take this deck to the next level, you should consider the following cards:
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Deafening Silence/Eidolon of Rhetoric/Rule of Law and Defense Grid: to slow down storm- and spellslinger-decks, to deny cardadvantage/ramp and to protect yourself against control and combodecks
- Lapse of Certainty/Mana Tithe/Burnout nobody expects white counters
- Your deck is lacking carddraw! Wheel of Fortune, Painful Truths, Necropotence, Heartwarming Redemption, Phyrexian Arena, Night's Whisper, Azra Oddsmaker & Dark Confidant (/Sign in Blood/Dawn of Hope)
- Toxic Deluge/Fire Covenant/Darksteel Mutation/Vandalblast/Grasp of Fate/Fiery Confluence(/Austere Command/Crush Contraband/Forsake the Worldly) - these are really good removals
- All the Moxes like Mox Opal, Mox Diamond etc.
- Lotus Petal, Rite of Flame to play your commanders on Turn 2
- Play some of the good 2 mana rocks like Orzhov Signet or Talisman of Conviction
- Land Tax & Wayfarer's Bauble (if you run enough basic lands, like now)
- Smothering Tithe - THE white staple and especially good with Wheel effects
- Imperial Recruiter, Recruiter of the Guard, Gamble or Diabolic Intent
- Play Stax to keep your opponents in check! Rest in Peace, Aura of Silence, Trinisphere, Cursed Totem, Hushbringer/Torpor Orb & Stranglehold
1 year ago
The cycling sub-theme seems like a lot more investments than payoffs.