Cast Through Time
Instant and sorcery spells you control have rebound. (Exile the spell as it resolves if you cast it from your hand. At the beginning of your next upkeep, you may cast that card from exile without paying its mana cost.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Cast Through Time Discussion
1 week ago
Darth_Savage about the Archive Trap: yeah, I would actually do that, it's just that I could only get my hands on a single copy, which is why I tried to substitute them with the two Startled Awake Flip I had :D
And you're right about the Cast Through Time I guess I'll have to think about a way to replace it with something more useful
3 weeks ago
Always fun to see a spell-slinger style deck!
Are any of these suggestions of value to you:
1 month ago
Hey butter83, awesome deck! I really like the idea that You've got here. (plus it's Jeskaim so... Heck Yes!) If you're interested, then I'd suggest Elusive Spellfist and Cast Through Time for this deck. The spellfist for some additional unblockable fun, and cast through time for the absolute insanity that can ensue. Awesome deck, man! sincerely, captain_Pugsley
3 months ago
No clue if you read the reminder text on Cast Through Time, but the spells you exile with Narset are not in your hand. Thus, don't get the rebound trigger. Thought I'd just inform you if you didn't know. Otherwise, feel free to ignore this comment!
3 months ago
Weird, you tagged me in the deck and I didn't get a notification. Odd...
Anywho, looks really good. After playtesting it, I recommend some more draw (Rhystic Study, Mirri's Guile, Sylvan Library), protection Avacyn, Angel of Hope, Privileged Position, Karmic Justice), and cheat cards (Omniscience, Dream Halls, Omen Machine).
4 months ago
Dude! This looks more and more sleek and dangerous! If you could fit in a Cast Through Time you could get some serious value out of all your spells :)
5 months ago
- Acidic Slime - > Reclamation Sage (unless you want to specifically destroy lands)
- Elvish Aberration (late game ramp is better done with things such as Boundless Realms)
- Giant Adephage sucks if you are not in a aggro deck.
- Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs is not all that useful in most cases, specially since the tokens do not flip
- Hua Tuo, Honored Physician meh. (Outclassed by ETB Eternal Witness or Skullwinder)
- Magmatic Force (not only expensive $-wise, but has a very high CMC)
- Deconstruct (even though getting some mana back seems great, restricted removal is bad removal)
- Detonate (same thing, even worse that you have to pay the mana cost of the artifact)
- Lava Axe (same thing, even more restricted)
- Monstrous Growth (???)
- Searing Flesh (this card is so terrible... go to my "other cards" section and pick something else)
- Stream of Life (pure lifegain only delays the inevitable)
- Carbonize (meh. Same thing that I said about Searing Flesh)
- Comet Storm (use Rolling Thunder instead)
- Evolution Charm (it's simply bad in your deck)
- Fog (you would be better off with Druid's Deliverance if you go with some of my suggestions)
- Heat Ray (ugh, fireball limited to just ONE creature? Really?)
- Lava Burst (ugh, fireball limited to just ONE creature? Really?)
- Turn to Dust (repeat after me: "Specific removal is bad removal")
- Cast Through Time (cost intensive, low rewards)
- Mirror Sheen (only copies instant/sorceries targetting you)
- Volition Reins (does not make any sense in here, plus high mana cost)
+ Mizzix of the Izmagnus
+ Jace's Sanctum (plus scry)
+ Everflowing Chalice (gets you 0.5 of your mana investment back, meaning you can go from 6 mana to 9 mana the following turn, 10 if you get your land drop)
+ Izzet Signet / Simic Signet / Gruul Signet (color fixing and ramp)
+ Sol Ring or Worn Powerstone (budget friendly)
+ Curious Homunculus Flip (if you copy him with Riku, the copy won't be able to flip, but it's still useful)
+ Dizzy Spell (just for the TRANSMUTE. You can fetch Lava Spike with it)
+ Muddle the Mixture (again, TRANSMUTE it into Desperate Ritual... or simply use it as a counter if you need to)
+ Vedalken AEthermage (just for the WIZARDCYCLING. Gets you any wizard you might want)
+ Eerie Procession is a must if you want to pull of your splice into arcane combo.
+ Bring to Light allows you to cast something from the deck for free, which could be interesting as well. (gets you anything from an Izzet Guildmage to a Mizzix of the Izmagnus or a Mnemonic Wall)
+ Signal the Clans (may seem inefficient, but if you copy it with Riku, basically translates into "Pick 4 creature cards and put 2 of them at random in your hand", which is not bad)
+ Mindclaw Shaman
+ Mulldrifter (cast it for the EVOKE cost and copy it with Riku to draw 4 cards for 2U(+ GU) and get a 2/2 flyer)
+ AEthersnipe (again, EVOKE it. With Riku it becomes 1UU(+ GU) for a 4/4 and 2 bounces)
+ Avatar of Fury (easy to cast, copy- able 6/6 creature)
+ Inferno Titan (lightning bolt on a stick)
+ Conjurer's Closet (essential when dealing with lots of ETB creatures)
+ Rude Awakening with Riku allows you to get some extra fuel for your next spell and might even become a win- con if you manage to attack someone with the lands.
+ Talrand, Sky Summoner gives you some creatures for each instant/sorcery casted
+ Docent of Perfection Flip is almost the same thing, with the added bonus of buffing your wizards on the flip side.
+ Young Pyromancer is a Chandra fanboy... just like you :P
+ Lunar Mystic might be worth considering since it allows you to fill back your hand
+ Trail of Evidence nets you some clues for emergencies
+ Dynavolt Tower is Kaladesh's way of saying "every 2.5 instant/sorceries you should be allowed to cast a lightning bolt"
+ Sphinx-Bone Wand finishes games (ask Cian about it)
+ Honden of Seeing Winds increases your draw.
+ Pongify and/or Rapid Hybridization and Reality Shift (instead of having to spend X to kill a creature, simply destroy it or exile it)
+ Curse of the Swine (again, removal is of utmost necessity in EDH)
+ Unsummon or Vapor Snag also help with targeted removal
+ Cyclonic Rift can be a little expensive ($- wise), but it's a staple for a reason
+ Vandalblast (overload is OP)
+ Ixidron gets rid of enemy creatures with ease, as they won't be able to be turned back face up.
+ Rise from the Tides might give you a bunch of creatures if used at the right time.
+ Talrand's Invocation gives you 2 2/2 flyers for 4 mana. Yeah, they are vanilla creatures, but sometimes that's all you need.
+ Past in Flames allows you to cast things from the graveyard
+ Burn from Within (you can cast it with X=0 to stop someone's sacrifice-combo or even use it to get rid of some pesky indestructible creature)
+ Ground Assault and Gruul Charm are cheap and useful damage dealers
+ Impact Resonance allows you to get a ride on someone else's damage and redirect some damage.
+ Price of Progress might be interesting. I'd say it should be an easy way to deal 6~10 damage.
+ Chandra's Ignition is also very strong, specially if you manage to double cast it on Riku himself or by casting it on Ixidron after it had just ETB.
5 months ago
Elvish Aberration Diminui o custo das coisas homem, pega ramps que sejam baratos pra te ajudar early game
Hua Tuo, Honored Physician Pare de colocar lendrias, elas no podem ser copiadas em geral. Eu recomendo cartas com utilidade mais do que por poder puro. Voc podia colocar uma Eternal Witness no lugar, poderia colocar talvez alguma coisa mais forte ou mais til.
Melek, Izzet Paragon Vide o de cima.
- Mirror Sheen
- Molting Skin
Agora vou colocar algumas recomendaes de caminhos/ideias a seguir, c pensa depois no que te agrada mais.
~~~~~ ROTA DE CRIATURAS ~~~~~~~~
- Progenitor Mimic
- Avenger of Zendikar
- Wood Elves
- Rattleclaw Mystic
- Biovisionary (Cool win-con)
- Phyrexian Ingester
- Rampaging Baloths
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Somberwald Sage
- Dragonlair Spider
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Fierce Empath
- Loaming Shaman
- Kessig Cagebreakers
- Lurking Predators
~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~
~~~~~ ROTA DE SPELLS ~~~~~~~~
- Chaos Warp
- Urban Evolution
- Clone Legion
- Green Sun's Zenith
- Boundless Realms
- Stolen Identity
- Recurring Insight
- Cultural Exchange
- Mass Polymorph
- Possibility Storm <~ Posso explicar essa depois, mas t cansado demais pra explicar
- Knowledge Exploitation
- Rude Awakening
- Eternal Dominion (LULZ MELHOR WINCON)
~~~~~ ROTA DE TOOLBOX ~~~~~~~~
- Birthing Pod
- Creeping Renaissance
- Spike Weaver
- Manic Vandal
- Trinket Mage
- Fathom Mage
- Molten Primordial
- Trygon Predator
- Spore Frog
- Vexing Shusher
- Forgotten Ancient
- Mindclaw Shaman
- Inferno Titan
- Hornet Queen
- Gaea's Blessing: Essa foi a descrio que achei e considerei perfeita: "Some sweet little instant grave hate that does not cost you a card. Every time you build a deck without grave hate, Yawgmoth kills a kitten."