Target player puts the top X cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard. If Increasing Confusion was cast from a graveyard, that player puts twice that many cards into his or her graveyard instead.
Flashback XU (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its flashback cost. Then exile it.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Increasing Confusion Discussion
2 weeks ago
Basically Confusion is a crappy mill card.
2 weeks ago
And with your Erasures in here, Thought Scour might do you better than Increasing Confusion. May I also suggest Manic Scribe? It makes a great chump-blocker, and can do a LOT for you once you're delirium kicks in.
Nice clean build though!
3 weeks ago
entheogeneral: Generally yeah, decking a player is better than milling them. Not only does it avoid graveyard reshuffle but you're not relying on an opponent having to get to their draw step (giving them an untap and upkeep in which they can respond). It knocks them out of the game then and there.
The other thing is that most of the cards you use to deck a player with will provide more in game functionality outside of combo, whereas mill cards are for the most part dead draws except for inside the combo. Becuase using an Increasing Confusion to make somebody mill 5 cards doesn't sound anywhere near as appetising as using a Blue Sun's Zenith to draw three cards.
Obviously there are still places for mill - I use Altar of Dementia in my Saffi Eriksdotter deck. However the reason I use it is becasue it's one of the few infinite sac outlets in green/white that can actually be considered a win condition and I also try to follow it up with an activation of Mikokoro, Center of the Sea / Selvala, Explorer Returned to finish the game then and there.
3 weeks ago
Thanks for the comments Crunkmagnet. Really good advice, but I've found I actually enjoy the games where I just make a lot of mana rather than going infinite. I did have Increasing Confusion in the deck which allowed me to mill two players with infinite mana but I agree about Villainous Wealth, it's not much use going infinite on this. I'll have a look at the suggestions you mention that I've already got, unfortunately I don't have a Palinchron yet!
I'll definitely have a look through your deck list, thanks again for the suggestions!
4 weeks ago
Hi xSHAMUSx, Contagion Engine is respectable, the -1/-1 is nice for defense. The proliferate 2 is nice. The main reason I don't play it is the CMC6 and the Activate 4. If I have 10 mana at my disposal, I should already have enough Experience and have pulled a combo. CMC10 is just too slow and too steep a cost for me.
Izzet has a tough time pulling creatures, ie: Arjun, the Shifting Flame.
Some recommendations might be:
Blue Sun's Zenith, Brain Freeze, Stroke of Genius, Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur, Jushi Apprentice, Enter the Infinite + Laboratory Maniac, Show and Tell + Omniscience, Arcanis the Omnipotent, Ambassador Laquatus, Grindclock, Millstone, Mind's Eye, Beacon of Tomorrows, Windfall, Wheel of Fortune, Reforge the Soul, Jace, Memory Adept, Memory Erosion, Dreamborn Muse, Jace's Archivist, Altar of Dementia + Glen Elendra Archmage + Sage of Fables, Altar of the Brood, Keening Stone, Mesmeric Orb, Mindcrank, Increasing Confusion, Tunnel Vision + Jace, the Mind Sculptor (Using his +2).
Would have to put together a preliminary build. Would need 1) Some way to survive since you'll pull threat from at least one player 2) Some way to go fast, cheap mana rocks etc to push into the big creatures.
Sorry if I duplicated any there, a couple good combos in there.
I should warn you though, in 4 player commander, it may be tough to mill all 3 opponents, you could do it, but may not be consistent. I think has better mill/control because of the .
1 month ago
- Change your deck from Standard legal to Modern legal. Modern allows for a lot more freedom in deck construction, standard only allows you to choose cards from the last few expansions.
- Move Tormod's Crypt to the sideboard, you likely wont need to exile a decks graveyard. It will be available when you need it.
- Replace 2x Altar of the Brood with 4x Jace's Erasure to save money. ($1.00 USD -> $0.13 USD).
- Remove Reliquary Tower. It costs $3 USD and you have nothing that benefits you from having a large hand. You're not likely to get over 7 cards either, because of your mana curve.
- Remove Counterbore and Countermand. They are too expensive to use as counterspells, you'd have to leave 4 - 5 mana open every turn, and before that they'd be dead cards.
- Remove Forced Fruition. It's mana cost is high enough that you may never play it, having only one of them means you'll probably never draw it, and it's almost $7.
- If you want some slightly expensive cards, you could get 4x Increasing Confusion. They're almost $2 each but allow you to mill your oppoenent twice per card, and it scales highly with your mana. These can replace dreawaters and 3 other mill cards.
1 month ago
If you're ramping into Increasing Confusions and playing like...TurboFog, I don't see why not.
It also depends on your meta.