Mind Over Matter
Discard a card: You may tap or untap target artifact, creature, or land.
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Mind Over Matter occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Mind Over Matter Discussion
1 week ago
Nekusar without creatures can work, though we would not recommend it because many creatures out there will enhance the power of his abilities a great, great deal. Then there's the many creatures that will punish your opponents for discarding that you will also not be able to use.
However, if you are truly set on keeping this deck creature-less, we would recommend the following cards to force your opponents to draw more cards:
To prevent the loss of your cards when you discard yourself, you could add Library of Leng ; it's wonderful. Speaking of discarding, we would also definitely recommend cards that cause some major pains for opponents in cases that they have to discard. Some ideas:
Last but not least, some more anti-creature ideas:
Some cards we would definitely cut in favour of the cards mentioned above would be:
- Bolas's Citadel ; not so good in this deck as it includes too few life-gain opportunities to compensate. Also expensive to cast.
- As Foretold ; free stuff is great, but your deck contains plenty of ramp so we doubt you really need this.
- Future Sight ; becomes a bit redundant in a deck with this many draw opportunities.
- Leyline of Anticipation ; we do not see a good reason for this to be in here; the additions we have suggested will be most likely be more valuable to your strategy in the long run.
- Mind Over Matter ; really not worth it in a creature-less deck.
- Omniscience ; same reason for why we would cut As Foretold . Moreover, this card is so expensive to cast.
Have fun with the brew.
Regards, Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
2 months ago
LVL_666 Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions.
- Alternate wincons could be Mindcrank + Bloodchief Ascension or Mind Over Matter + Temple Bell but i havent found room for all these cards actually.
- This Deck should be a combo deck with some control elements to survive until i am able to "combo off". I like cards like Dragon Mage. It's a sweet card but i think it is a bit too clunky.
- I've changed the name of the deck to it's original name.
2 months ago
nerdpwner739 I certainly have. In a much older version of the deck I ran both Mind Over Matter and Temple Bell . Mind over Matter went first due to it's high color weight before I even uploaded the deck and Temple Bell held out until 27 September of 2018 where I replaced it with Mikokoro, Center of the Sea
3 months ago
SideBae I really appreciate your advice. I’m thinking: Tendrils of Agony comes out for Dack Fayden , Grapeshot comes out for Arcane Signet , and maybe Recall for Paradoxical Outcome ??? Para Outcome I completely overlooked and agree with you, Dack is fantastic and also works with Notion Thief , and while I DO agree with Spell Snare, I personally want to call it good on my counterspell count. I recently made the change: Time Spiral for Mind Over Matter , honestly, that change has won me MANY games. Again, thanks for the advice, I’ll be looking at these cards and testing with them.
3 months ago
Just to say it, I personally hate infinite combos. I try to avoid them in my decks (except for long, over-complicated ones); however, if you're looking to do better and win harder and faster, then Parun is perfect.
I know that this will raise your budget by a little bit, but if you're looking for combos to win off of, I would suggest adding Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker to your deck as well as a few combo pieces to go along with him. I'll list a few combo pieces:
- Helm of the Host . Make it to declare attackers step, copy Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker and then the copy can clone itself (as it has haste). Though this doesn't win the game itself, creating 1 million Kiki-Jikis can get you close. But, if you have the next card on the list, then you should be able to win
- Intruder Alarm . Basically, copy a creature and then untap Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker . Infinite of any non-legend and attack with all of them to win assuming no interaction
- Breaching Hippocamp , Deceiver Exarch , Pestermite , and Corridor Monitor . All of these allow you to untap Kiki as you clone them and then attack with 1 million of those guys.
I think that all of those also work with Splinter Twin which is a bit cheaper.
Enter the Infinite is also quite good. If you have Parun out, you deal a lot of damage with his ability. Usually, it's easiest to cast that spell if you have Omniscience which then allows you to play your whole deck for free. Easiest way to win from there is to play Jace, Wielder of Mysteries and +1.
The only other thing I can recommend is more wheels I suppose that's not just straight upgrades (I understand that budgets are a thing lol). Wheels allow you to find your combo pieces faster while also allowing you to do some damage with Parun. If you really want to make your wheels that much better and are willing to really extend on the budget, you could add Mind Over Matter and Dream Halls .
I'd make sure you actually enjoy playing infinite combos as well as make sure that you have an extra deck with you if you play a lot of the cards I recommended. A lot of people (myself included) don't enjoy games that last as long as shuffling your deck.
Regardless, best of luck with your deck!
4 months ago
4 months ago
This is definitely a casual deck. I think the creator is using cards he actually has. Because there's a lot of combos missing.
Missing Compliments Kiki:
All the mages like Trinket Mage for the 1, 2, and 3 drop artifacts.
Mind Over Matter is busted in this kind of deck