Teferi, Temporal Archmage
Planeswalker — Teferi
+1: Look at the top two cards of your library. Put one of them into your hand and the other on the bottom of your library.
-1: Untap up to four target permanents.
-10: You get an emblem with "You may activate loyalty abilities of planeswalkers you control on any player's turn any time you could cast an instant."
Teferi, Temporal Archmage can be your commander.
|Have (2)||gildan_bladeborn , PostContact|
|Want (4)||isharpu , LokiSin , DrPizzaq , hk403|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Mythic Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Teferi, Temporal Archmage + The Chain Veil + Thran Dynamo
- Jace, the Mind Sculptor + Teferi, Temporal Archmage + The Chain Veil
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Teferi, Temporal Archmage occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Teferi, Temporal Archmage Discussion
3 weeks ago
Yahooty, Master Sorcerer's Apprentice
Legendary Planeswalker - Yahooty
Companion - Your starting deck contains no creatures
Other planeswalkers you control enter the battlefield with an additional loyalty counter
0 Put a loyalty counter on each planeswalker you control
-1 Create a 1/1 Illusion creature token with flying for each planeswalker you control
-6 Put all nontoken creatures on top of their owner's libraries
Ok, there's a companion for a Teferi, Temporal Archmage deck. It's totally broken. This challenge sat for a lot of hours. Sue me.
Wildcard, but make it mono colored.
1 month ago
A companion for Teferi, Temporal Archmage...
Deeadiin, Eternal Perfection
Legendary Creature - Elemental Illusion
Companion - Your starting deck contains only permanents
~'s power is equal to the number of cards in your hand
~'s toughness is equal to the number of nonland permanents you control
Tap four untapped permanents you control: Players may not cast noncreature spells this turn
I don't know if we want to do the entire 10 card command walker cycle, but I would at least like to see a companion for Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath.
1 month ago
I imagine Vivien becoming Temur, as she is both inquisitive and I can imagine her becoming enraged by the abuse of animals, as with Ixalan's Vampires. Sarkhan Unbroken is the sole Temur Planeswalker.
Vivien of Qal Sisma
Legendary Planeswalker - Vivien
+1: Create a 2/2 green Archer Shaman creature token with Reach. Draw a card.
-2: Vivien of Qal Sisma deals 3 damage to either each creature with flying or each creature without flying.
-9: Draw a card for each creature you control, then each player may put any number of creatures from their hands into play. Creatures you control gain haste and you may have them fight any number of target creatures.
I'd like a companion for a planeswalker commander (sentient or non-sentient, as Planeswalkers are kinda next-level) Ten options:
1 month ago
Just FYI, your scenario with two sources of is infinite.
Tap all sources for 5
Tap and copy The Chain Veil
Return to step 1
You can also substitute in Gilded Lotus for one of the 2 producers and the land and have another untap available for other shenanigans.
1 month ago
I just discovered a very complex but solid method to gain up to 15 activations of all Planeswalkers you control. But it requires a lot of pieces - something I just happened to fall into while playtesting my new deck.
DISCLAIMER: In my text, I use Sol Ring as my example of a source you tap to generate mana. Any source works that does this: Mana Crypt, an online Temple of the False God, Shrine of the Forsaken Gods, Ancient Tomb, etc. It doesn't matter, as long as it is a single source that produces at minimum mana. There is one caveat in which the source can not ask for a payment to generate it. This means Rakdos Signet, as an example, does not work. You want to be +2 mana ahead, not +1 and color fixing.
If you can get TWO sources that produce , this will be far easier. This is considering you don't have it and going off of bare minimums.
The number of activations you have in total will be explained in text: It is up to you, the player, to responsibly remember to activate all activations of other Planeswalkers as you see fit.
You have 1 normal activation of all Planeswalkers
- Tap Sol Ring and two other lands to generate worth of mana: Colors don't matter.
- Activate The Chain Veil
You have 1 normal activation and 1 bonus activation of all Planeswalkers
- In response to The Chain Veil being activated, you're going to tap an additional 3rd land for and pay into Kurkesh, Onakke Ancient, which will generate a second The Chain Veil activation for you.
You have 1 normal activation and 2 bonus activations of all Planeswalkers
Now that you have the abilities setup, you'll do the following:
- Activate all desired abilities of all Planeswalkers you see fit, saving Teferi, Temporal Archmage for last.
- It is important you use all activations of all other Planeswalkers right now. If you don't, you may forget just how many you have left as this can become quite complicated. When in doubt, activate all other Planeswalkers 3x and save Teferi, Temporal Archmage for last
- When you finally get to Teferi, you'll use his -1
Teferi now has 2 bonus activations left and will be at 4
- Using 1 of Teferi's bonus activations, you'll want to -1 a second time. This will give you back the additional land that can produce , as well as any other things you may want to untap.
Teferi will have 1 bonus activation left, and will be at 3 right now with all required permanents untapped.
- Tap Sol Ring and the two lands you just untapped. This will add worth of mana to your pool. Don't worry about the colors; Again, we don't care about those just yet.
- Activate The Chain Veil again, tap your land for and copy the ability just like you did before.
All of your Planeswalkers now have an additional 2 bonus activations, and Teferi now has 3 total bonus activations. The 1 from just before we did this and now 2 more from doing this.
At this point, you're back to having all of your required permanents tapped. Teferi, Temporal Archmage will be at 3 left and will have 3 total activations allowed to him.
To make this easy, you will +1 him. Get your card, bump him up to 4 and bring him back down to 2 bonus activations.
- Activate all loyalty abilities of all other Planeswalkers two more times again. You've now activated all other Planeswalkers five total times in this single turn. All of them should be able to use their ultimates, if they haven't already
- Activate Teferi, Temporal Archmage for -1. This will untap your Sol Ring, The Chain Veil and two lands again
Teferi will now be at 3 and have 1 activation left.
- Activate Teferi, Temporal Archmage again for -1. This brings him down to 0 activations left for the turn and down to +2 left.
- There is no symbol for 2 initial loyalty, sorry :(
- You already have the other permanents untapped, so use this to untap everything else again and generate another .
- Spend and tap The Chain Veil
- Copy with
All Planeswalkers now have an additional 2 bonus activations
- Teferi, Temporal Archmage is at +2 and has 2 bonus activations again, as do all other Planeswalkers you control.
- Again, no symbol for 2 initial loyalty
- Use him to untap Sol Ring, The Chain Veil and your two lands
- Use his last activation on -1. This brings him to 0 and kills him off, giving you 2 more bonus activations of all other Planeswalkers
In total, you have now been able to activate ALL Planeswalkers you control 7 total times in a single turn.
If you have TWO sources of , such as both a Sol Ring and a Mana Crypt then you'd be able to go a lot further as with each activation of Teferi, Temporal Archmage's -1 you'd be able to untap the following four permanents:
Each -1 will net you +2 bonus activations on all Planeswalkers. With Teferi, Temporal Archmage starting at 5 this becomes a grand total of 12 bonus activations of all Planeswalkers.
- +2 from the original The Chain Veil + Kurkesh, Onakke Ancient combo
- 5x of untapping The Chain Veil and copying it, generating +10 additional bonus activations by using Teferi, Temporal Archmage's -1 five times in rapid succession
With their original activation all Planeswalkers are granted, this grants you a grand total of 13 activations of all Planeswalkers you control in a single turn.
You can go even further if you +1 Teferi, Temporal Archmage twice, first. This brings him up to 7. This leaves him 1 final bonus activation, and a total of 14 additional bonus activations from using his -1 7x in rapid succession.
Doing this, you get a grand total of 15 activations of all Planeswalkers during your turn.
- Chandra, Awakened Inferno GIVE ALL THE SPICY EMBLEMS
- Angrath, the Flame-Chained 15x activations = 30 total life loss and no cards in hand?? FOR EACH OPPONENT?? Ouch...
- Ajani Unyielding because his -9 gives you an additional +5 to all Planeswalkers, including Teferi, Temporal Archmage
- Ajani Steadfast does this too, but is a lot more tricky to pull off appropriately, though it does drop a 4th color so there's that for you
- Ajani, Mentor of Heroes if you want to be an asshole ;)
- Garruk Wildspeaker If you're going to add green, add him in too for extra jank
- Liliana, Dreadhorde General Gross
- Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God Who needs cards and / or permanents, anyway?
- Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh LOL
- Sarkhan Unbroken Go Temur and just play ALL THE DECK
1 month ago
Teferi's a bit of a special case. He was a pre-mending walker, so he had the ability to project a physical body to whatever specifications he liked, like how Urza, Lord High Artificer disguised himself as the Blind Seer. His physical age also varies wildly between appearances, since he's technically older than Karn. Teferi, Temporal Archmage is pre-mending, he became Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir when he gave up his spark to seal a rift in the Multiverse, and after decades of aging, he got his spark back and became modern-day Teferi.
1 month ago
Teferi has been appearing on cards in this game for many years, and, in his early appearances, he bore a slight resemblance to Laurence Fishburne, but, when he was re-introduced in Dominaria, he suddenly resembled Idris Elba, instead. Compare Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir and Teferi, Temporal Archmage to Teferi, Hero of Dominaria and Teferi, Time Raveler.
Many characters have appeared different when illustrated by different artists, but the differences are usually minor, so why is it that Teferi's appearance changed so drastically? What does everyone else say about this?
4 months ago
From your list it looks like a quite competetive meta you are in. So my suggestions might be off as im used to a very casual meta.
You could try to get more cards that can put combo pieces back into the deck
Glimmer of Genius --> Dream Cache
Frantic Search or Radical Idea --> Amass the Components
Maybe Teferi can help you a bit with sorting cards and then give gas wheen needed
Trail of Evidence --> Teferi, Temporal Archmage
Turnabout Can also give a lot of gas or be used to get you out of a tricky situation
In my deck i have some token generators to replace Talrand if he get's hated. I think they might be too slow for you, but anyway here goes: Metallurgic Summonings, Stolen by the Fae (really wish it was instant...) and Rise from the Tides