Creature — Crocodile
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Baleful Ammit Discussion
4 days ago
Grim Affliction could be awesome, put one counter and then proliferate, getting at minimum one dudely, potentially lots. The only problem with that card is giving a creature two -1/-1 counters for three mana on its own is kind of crappy.
1 week ago
Nice deck! I'd like to give my 2 cents:
- Nest of Scarabs is the best card for this shell, by far.
- Ammit Eternal is the 2nd best card for this shell. =)
- Channeler Initiate is incredible. Ramp and -1/-1 enabler.
- Liliana, Death Wielder have a really high curve and it's not a 'game changing' like a 7-mana PW should be, IMHO. And eats 1/3 of your budget. The Scorpion God its better and cheaper (if you think this BG could be splashed for red, of course. If you do, have a look at Soul-Scar Mage)
- I think Cartouche of Ambition is underpowered. Compete with good 3-mana cards (such Ammit Eternal and Baleful Ammit) besides the fact that an aura always can be a target of a 2 for 1 (destroying your creature in response)
- As said before, Grind / Dust is way better than Splendid Agony besides the sorcery speed. And, with Channeler Initiate there is a chance to cast the Aftermath.
- Bontu's Monument is also underpowered. And only benefit 12 of 19 of your creatures
- Oracle's Vault seems powerful, although is slow. But, what do you plan to cast for free (the best upside of the card)? Besides the PW (1 card) nothing seems deserve to be cast "for free".
- 19 lands is quite a few. For your curve, and without ramps, at lest 22 lands is required
3 weeks ago
I also build a Hapatra deck if you want to have a look
as you said, Baleful Ammit is not really viable in a competitive setting.i also don't like Exemplar of Strength very much, it was fun to play it with a Festering Mummy on the field, but if you have to play it by itself it wasn't very good a 1/1 blocker or 2/2 attacker doesn't really work in my local standard at the moment.
now to the big thing Nest of Scarabs, this card is awesome,.. but ..... a 3 mana spell which wont impact the board in the same turn.... in my opinion to slow against decks like zombies and mono red. in the other match-ups it also wast rally viable because of either a lot of boardwhipes or because you don't have a spell like Overrun
but all in all a really nice deckkeep up the hapatra Love
3 weeks ago
Hey there! I've built a deck that is quite similar to this (
SCORE: 1 | 148 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
) but I decided not to stay within standard. However, if you are looking to get rid of Baleful Ammit, might I suggest replacing it with Plague Belcher? It comes with an additional -1/-1 counter for your Scarabs and Snakes, it's stronger and has the same CMC. It avoids Harnessed Lightning, Shock, Fatal Push (without revolt).
I also have found that Consuming Fervor can be reaaaally amazing if you have Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons and / or Nest of Scarabs out. You can throw it on your Channeler Initiate for free mana, you can put it on a token to give it a big push for a turn or two, or even throw it on Ammit Eternal and Exemplar of Strength, who both have ways to remove the counters as they begin to stack up.
Anyway, I love this type of deck, hope you find the suggestions helpful!
on BRG Counters
3 weeks ago
Hi there! This looks like an sweet take on the -1/-1 counters archetype! I have a few suggestions for you:
- I would recommend running 3 Abrade and 4 Magma Spray instead of 3 Lightning Axe and 4 Fiery Temper, as you only have a few ways to take advantage of the discard.
- Crocodile of the Crossing might be worth considering in place of Rhonas the Indomitable, as it has more synergies with the rest of your deck. Defiant Greatmaw is also an option.
- The Scorpion God seems like an awesome finisher, maybe as a 2-of.
- I'm not really sure why Uncage the Menagerie is in your deck, as the most you'd ever be casting it for is X=3 to fetch Baleful Ammit, Ammit Eternal, and Rhonas the Indomitable, which doesn't seem that good to me. Painful Truths is probably better than it, and also probably better than Cathartic Reunion and Macabre Waltz.
In any case, awesome deck! I hope you have fun with it!
3 weeks ago
I love those two creatures... I have them paired in other decks along with Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons and Nest of Scarabs to generate tons of tokens. Another uses Baleful Ammit as another value drop. Black has some awesome creatures right now.
1 month ago
1 month ago
If it's a pure aggro counter deck I would suggest finding room for Exemplar of Strength. Honestly with a max cmc of 4 it's an easy swap out for Channeler Initiate it works great in aggro attacking and losing its -1/-1 counters.
In the same mindset Plague Belcher is a lot better than Baleful Ammit for aggro. Drop your counters onto another creature and you are looking at a turn 3 5/4 menace. That's where Festering Mummy comes in. It's a great turn one aggro card. Either attack into your enemy and see if they trade for the -1/-1 counter or drop your counters onto it and get your big creatures out without shrinking them.
Key to the City is a great card that works well with Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons and Ammit Eternal but it goes much better into a control/board presence variant of this deck. If you are playing aggro and dropping a turn 2 Key to the City your opponent is laughing because that isn't pressuring them at all, it's just a dead turn.
Hope that helps.